• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

The absolute craziest thing happened to me just right now! I have to share it!

So I entered GameStop just to look around and also ask when my Pro Membership expires and I just start talking to one of the employees for no reason. They know me there (I kinda hope they do haha!) so it's pretty normal. When I get to the register to ask the same guy helps me out. Out of nowhere I decide to ask him how much it costs to preorder Fire Emblem Echoes Limited Edition (I wasn't going to preorder it cause I have absolutely no money right now but I was curious) and he immediately starts telling me over and over to preorder it here or anywhere cause it was a Limited Edition from Nintendo and his associate (the manager) agreed saying that it would most likely be sold out by tomorrow night everywhere including places like Amazon. I told him that I would have done it but no money and he looks devastated at that.

"Dude, you don't want to miss out on this!" He says.

After a minute of thinking he goes for his wallet and pulls out five bucks and says "I'll pay for the deposit. I'll spot you. You don't want to miss this or you'll regret it like many did with the last Special Edition that Nintendo made with the previous Fire Emblem." Obviously I start panicking and keep telling him to not do that since obviously it wasn't necessary at all for him to spend his own money on me! He doesn't relent and puts it in, prints out the receipt, gives me the receipt and says "Perfect! Thanks for depositing 5 dollars for this game! You can see when it releases and how much you owe left on the receipt. Anything else I can help you with?"

I'm just looking at him stunned that he would go out of his way for me like that. I thanked him over and over but had to leave since the store was closing.

Sorry for wasting y'alls time with this long story but it was so cool for me! I love my GameStop. Sure he may have had an agenda to put more preorders so that he can impress his superiors if some of you think that but he went way out of his way to make sure I wouldn't lose the preorder. Now I'm feeling bad about trying to preorder it on Amazon.

EDIT: Did I really just waste the first post in a new page for my boring story??? I'm sorry guys!

9OMbRZp.jpg

some of these quotes are from CheapAssGamer

So I can preorder in-store at GameStop right now?

Fuck, I won't make it home by closing time. Ugh, I hate classes that take attendance.

Edit: Is it possible to move a preorder from one GameStop to another? Because I COULD make it to a closer store.

Just preorder there and pick it up there. If its near where you have class, you'll be by there again I assume.

Is everyone taking about pre-ordering at GameStop tonight on the west coast??? Because it's after 11PM on the east coast and I sure ain't shit going to pre-order at GameStop now lol

Yes. My local store closes at 9pm, which is still 40 minutes away. Got my preorder in around 7:30.

Maxinas

So I entered GameStop just to look around and also ask when my Pro Membership expires and I just start talking to one of the employees for no reason. They know me there (I kinda hope they do haha!) so it's pretty normal. When I get to the register to ask the same guy helps me out. Out of nowhere I decide to ask him how much it costs to preorder Fire Emblem Echoes Limited Edition (I wasn't going to preorder it cause I have absolutely no money right now but I was curious) and he immediately starts telling me over and over to preorder it here or anywhere cause it was a Limited Edition from Nintendo and his associate (the manager) agreed saying that it would most likely be sold out by tomorrow night everywhere including places like Amazon. I told him that I would have done it but no money and he looks devastated at that.

After a minute of thinking he goes for his wallet and pulls out five bucks and says "I'll pay for the deposit. I'll spot you. You don't want to miss this or you'll regret it like many did with the last Special Edition that Nintendo made with the previous Fire Emblem." Obviously I start panicking and keep telling him to not do that since obviously it wasn't necessary at all for him to spend his own money on me! He doesn't relent and puts it in, prints out the receipt, gives me the receipt and says "Perfect! Thanks for depositing 5 dollars for this game! You can see when it releases and how much you owe left on the receipt. Anything else I can help you with?"

I'm just looking at him stunned that he would go out of his way for me like that. I thanked him over and over but had to leave since the store was closing.

Sorry for wasting y'alls time with this long story but it was so cool for me! I love my GameStop. Sure he may have had an agenda to put more preorders so that he can impress his superiors if some of you think that but he went way out of his way to make sure I wouldn't lose the preorder. Now I'm feeling bad about trying to preorder it on Amazon.

EDIT: Did I really just waste the first post in a new page for my boring story??? I'm sorry guys!

You realize the guy just hooked you in a sale. Now you can't just go in and cancel it because it's not your deposit in the first place, you'd just look like a dick, and they know you too. The guy deserves a promotion.

I'm just looking at him stunned that he would go out of his way for me like that. I thanked him over and over but had to leave since the store was closing.!
if you want to help him in return make sure you fill out the survey for him and mention his name that it was such a positive customer experience that you pre-ordered a game after talking to him. (i'm sure you know but in case, don't mentioned he paid the deposit for you)

You realize the guy just hooked you in a sale. Now you can't just go in and cancel it because it's not your deposit in the first place, you'd just look like a dick, and they know you too. The guy deserves a promotion.
EDIT: Never mind. It's late and I dont want to argue right now.

Back Home.

Reading the last page, I'm surprise it didn't go up while I was busy.
Really want to get this, hope it doesn't happen while I'm sleeping

Class went over 15 minutes so even the closest GameStop would be dicey odds. Ugh. Not looking forward to the wait for all the other retailers (and missing each one).

Femto.

I'm glad he you're happy and got an order in.

But he could actually get fired for that, I'm getting the feeling he's done this before with other people so he can maintain numbers lol

ReyVGM

nowinstock says amazon already sold out their LE pre-orders, why is everyone assuming it hasn't go up yet?

Femto.

nowinstock says amazon already sold out their LE pre-orders, why is everyone assuming it hasn't go up yet?
When an item goes out of stock a message saying "out of stock, we aren't sure if this item will be restocked"

Something along those lines.

Code_Link

Is amazon sold out? When did it go up? In the amazon app it says "we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock", but I never saw it up!

Azerare

Is amazon sold out? When did it go up? In the amazon app it says "we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock", but I never saw it up!
Well it hasn't gone up for sale on amazon yet... soo...

It's probably gonna end up going up in the early hours of the morning. I may just say Frick it.

ReyVGM

Because it hasn't gone up for sale?

nowinstock, a website that tracks when stores post sales and when they go out of stock already has a history on the Fire Emblem LE and it's out of stock:

Mar 21 - 1:56 PM EST Amazon : Limited Edition - 3DS Out of Stock

It also shows gamestop stocking the item and then running out of it.

ReyVGM

Guys, Amazon has not sold out. It's just not available cause preorders haven't opened yet.

Hmm, that must be why nowinstock didn't show when amazon opened the pre-orders, it only shows when they 'went out of stock'.

I'll keep an eye out. In about 3 to 5 hours amazon should open the pre-orders if past history is evidence.

I'm going to bed now, so I figure they'll go on sale on Amazon and Best Buy in about three hours and I'll wake up to a scalper hellscape?

Right. Good night.

Hmm, that must be why nowinstock didn't show when amazon opened the pre-orders, it only shows when they 'went out of stock'.

I'll keep an eye out. In about 3 to 5 hours amazon should open the pre-orders if past history is evidence.
I'm wagering from midnight to 3 AM. Just like the BotW Master Edition.

Azerare

Does everyone have their plans B,C, and D together? This is going to suck.

I have work tomorrow/today! xd
I just got a flight tomorrow. So I may just bite the bullet and sleep throughout the night checking back. Mainly around the time BOTW and the switch went up on amazon.

I'll try to stay awake for a while. See if I can score one.

Isn't this great? We're bonding over our hatred for Amazon's preorder time shenanigans!

This is hilarious for the fact the guy is just trying to meet quota for the day lol. He cant preorder it himself twice so he used your account lol

We're all in this together! Hopefully some of us come out with special editions lol.
Some will, some won't, and some will have theirs cancelled about a week or two before release.

Nevertheless, look out for one another.

Oh yeah and guys, if you're going to quote my story to make fun of the employee (though I don't know why some of you guys are doing that. Is there no such thing as being a good person? Does it all have to have some ulterior motive?) then just replace my wall of text with the word snip or leave the part you want to point out. Otherwise we're going to have lots of unwanted space.

Though granted it was my fault.

No way this is as popular as the fates special edition. Fates had 3 games in one and the 3DS is old now. Of course Nintendo could only release even less copies for this hmmmm

I wonder if amazon will do something different tonight and wait until tomorrow morning to put it up. I don't have the energy for 3am tonight.

Maxinas

What's the price on the EU limited edition? Guessing it'll be a bit more expensive since it includes the amiibos, but it sounds like a better package.

Top Bottom