• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

ZeoVGM

Banned
I got a really good deal on Amazon for the standard edition by fighting with reps a lot (only 21 dollars!) so for the first time ever I am dithering about whether or not to try and get this LE. I want it but I got such a good deal ahhh

Hmmmm maybe I can resell someone the standard edition for below MSRP...?

Please tell me you didn't harass chat reps just to get a discount you you weren't owed. :p

syncyes

Please tell me you didn't harass chat reps just to get a discount you you weren't owed. :p

Haha no, what happened was I accidentally clicked a "yes I want to do Prime" forgetting that I already had done a Prime free trial on that account and I got charged without any notice. By the time I noticed (like two days later) and asked Amazon to refund me/cancel the unwanted Prime the Prime preorder discount had already been taken off from this order. I also asked them to price match somewhere else's ~35 MSRP which was applied before the preorder discount and then I had some leftover gift card/certificate stuff. It was a bunch of weird situational stuff that led to a really low price.

Hey uh...why don't you guys take a long two day nap? I'll keep watch over y'all and let you know when the Amazon link is up! You guys must be tired fretting over the preorder.

Amiibro

Ahh, much better.. GCU + $5 gift certificate redeemed, and free shipping!

I can't believe I bought another Amiibo. I was totally off them for the longest time and Breath of the Wild dragged me back in.

how did you get free shipping? it charged me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I didn't do anything special. I just stuck it in the cart and it offered free shipping.

I wonder why some states are getting taxed on GS and BB and not others? Did more distribution centers open/move around or something?

ChrisD

I just preordered it in store at GameStop no problem.

All the houses' vehicles were being used, so I biked to GameStop three~ hours ago. Same deal, I've got a receipt and it shows up online so I'm feeling pretty good about things being proper in the system.

Would have liked to get it from Best Buy for GCU, but (hopefully) locking in a Nintendo SE is more important than a $12 savings.

Femto.

All the houses' vehicles were being used, so I biked to GameStop three~ hours ago. Same deal, I've got a receipt and it shows up online so I'm feeling pretty good about things being proper in the system.

Would have liked to get it from Best Buy for GCU, but (hopefully) locking in a Nintendo SE is more important than a $12 savings.

You can check your GS in-store pre orders online?

What a weird world we live in that a Gaiden remake, of all things, is getting a collector's edition in the west and a big push as the 3DS's banner title in the near term.

I'm not a serious hoarder of physical memorabilia, though, and only jumped on the Fates complete edition for the enticement of having all three campaigns on a single cart. So I will pass on this, although I am very pleased it exists.

You can check your GS in-store pre orders online?
Yep. At least I know for sure the app helps with that too. Also tells you how much you've paid and how much you owe left without taxes. Really nifty in my opinion!

EDIT: Dang it Curler...you're out to get me too aren't ya?!

What a weird world we live in that a Gaiden remake, of all things, is getting a collector's edition in the west and a big push as the 3DS's banner title in the near term.

I'm not a serious hoarder of physical memorabilia, though, and only jumped on the Fates complete edition for the enticement of having all three campaigns on a single cart. So I will pass on this, although I am very pleased it exists.

It's indeed fascinating. Now all the FE games will have proper polished forms which makes me incredibly happy, it was something I would have never thought after how abysmally New Mystery Performed. Gaiden was the last FE that desperately needed an update and I'm so glad it's not only getting one but getting one that seems to be enhancing what made the game so oddly endearing and not straying too far into what the series evolved on but more into what made it the black sheep of the series that provided ground work for stuff later on.

Watch it be after midnight. Preorders go live at the worst times.
I so quick! :p
i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Ugh, already pre-ordered the standard edition using that Best Buy Visa Checkout deal. Don't want to cancel it, as I've already received the Switch Pro Controller I ordered alongside it and I don't want to lose the discount. What to do...

NolbertoS

Ugh, already pre-ordered the standard edition using that Best Buy Visa Checkout deal. Don't want to cancel it, as I've already received the Switch Pro Controller I ordered alongside it and I don't want to lose the discount. What to do...

I'm in tge same boat. Will probably sell my regular copy on ebay and get this LE

darklin0

Banned
Alright fam, lets get ready for a long night. Let's work together to keep each other up.

Hopefully it is tonight.

I'm on watch mode. It helps that I have no life right now haha!

I'm also looking out for tweets from Wario64 and CAG. If it goes live and it hasn't been announced here I'll let you guys know.

Just drove down to my local gamestop to preorder. Not going to wait around and hope for Amazon. I haven't had good luck in the past.

Other companies announce Limited Editions. "Who Cares"
Nintendo announces one "GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY!"

Why are these always so hard to get lol especially Fire Emblem stuff.

So I can preorder in-store at GameStop right now?

Fuck, I won't make it home by closing time. Ugh, I hate classes that take attendance.

Edit: Is it possible to move a preorder from one GameStop to another? Because I COULD make it to a closer store.

Femto.

So I can preorder in-store at GameStop right now?

Fuck, I won't make it home by closing time. Ugh, I hate classes that take attendance.

Edit: Is it possible to move a preorder from one GameStop to another? Because I COULD make it to a closer store.

That would require a store transfer, but that would also require the item in question still being available for pre-order.

So lets say you do a preorder at GS A tonight, call GS B tomorrow, but they close the pre-orders over night/next morning because they have exhausted their supply. Then you're shit out of luck and have to go pick it up at GS A because the system will not let GS B reserve another copy due to being pulled down.

That would require a store transfer, but that would also require the item in question still being available for pre-order.

So lets say you do a preorder at GS A tonight, call GS B tomorrow, but they close the pre-orders over night/next morning because they have exhausted their supply. Then you're shit out of luck and have to go pick it up at GS A because the system will not let GS reserve another copy due to being pulled down.
Ugh. I could just do "GS A" but it's 25 miles out from my house. Would be annoying. But it's a Nintendo LE, so I guess fuck it, I'll do it.

Maxinas

Other companies announce Limited Editions. "Who Cares"
Nintendo announces one "GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY!"

Why are these always so hard to get lol especially Fire Emblem stuff.

Doesn't help that many of these are way to expensive (ranging from 150-$300 at times), come with a useless cheap figure, and sometimes dont even come with the fucking game!

Is everyone taking about pre-ordering at GameStop tonight on the west coast??? Because it's after 11PM on the east coast and I sure ain't shit going to pre-order at GameStop now lol

Top Bottom