• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion thread | 10 June 3PM EDT / 8PM BST

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
ruTbhyK.png

twitch.tv/limitedrungames

Limited Run is an indie publisher for physical copies of games that are already available digitally, so you won't likely see any new game announcements here.

However, if you are a game-collector or otherwise appreciate physical copies of titles, there should be a lot of goodness to enjoy.

You already know what I'm hoping for: shmups!

Some of the titles they've released so far this year:

DvcYWbnX4AMn6f-.jpg
dims
DragonsLairSwitchLRGStandard.jpg
Spelunky-Physical-Release.jpg

chronus-arc-limited-run.jpg
Fernz-Gate.jpg
MockUp_CE_FrogFractions_1_grande.png
lumines_remastered_physical.jpeg

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Faust Faust indicated on the Discord channel that some of the games will be available for pre-order after the showing.

Pre-orders will open for limited collector editions as well as unlimited "pre-order window" standard editions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd be way more hyped for LRG if they were easier to get. By nature of being "limited run", it just means that most of the time I try and hit their website when the games are released and they're already sold out. Lots of their physical releases I would love to have, but command a huge premium on eBay.

theHFIC

it's crazy that they are still able to publish physical Vita games into 2020. Probably the last year we will see them for sale, but impressive.

personally I am hoping for some more Sega CD era Digital Pictures re-releases both physical and digital. Give me Sewer Shark, Ground Zero: Texas, Corpse Killer, and Make Your Own Music Video With Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
it's crazy that they are still able to publish physical Vita games into 2020. Probably the last year we will see them for sale, but impressive.

personally I am hoping for some more Sega CD era Digital Pictures re-releases both physical and digital. Give me Sewer Shark, Ground Zero: Texas, Corpse Killer, and Make Your Own Music Video With Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
I mean, they just published a PS3 game. One of their runs (Gold Story) had a limited NES cartridge. It's crazy, I admit.

theHFIC

I mean, they just published a PS3 game. One of their runs (Gold Story) had a limited NES cartridge. It's crazy, I admit.
I remember reading a few months ago how Vita cart numbers were very limited and they had to "borrow" from pools of other games just to ship some other copies of more anticipated titles. I guess a lot of these were locked in over the past year to get the absolute final numbers. They also published a Wii U game with Axiom Verge. The GALF release with Golf Story was real clever.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Seems like your wish was granted.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
im so confused. so like, what star wars games are they releasing? what platforms? was real myst even announced as a switch game before this? it is going to be on the ps4 digital?

June 28th on PS4 for Bounty Hunter. The other star wars games don't have platforms/release dates shown yet. They aren't bein released all at once.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Might get Turok for Switch for the lolz. Played the original game on N64, but never got far due to not owning a Confroller Pack.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Not a bad lineup overall:

The full list of announced games is as follows:
  • Atari Flashback Classics (Vita)
  • Atooi Collection (3DS)
  • Bad North (Switch)
  • Blaster Master Zero (Switch)
  • Blazing Chrome (Switch, PS4)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4)
  • The Curse of Monkey Island™ (PC)
  • Damascus Gear Operation Osaka (Vita)
  • Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo (Vita)
  • Dark Devotion (Switch, PS4)
  • DEADBOLT (Vita)
  • Double Switch (Switch)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch, PS4)
  • Guacamelee! (Vita)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (Vita)
  • Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge (PC)
  • Night in the Woods (Switch, PS4)
  • Papers Please (Vita)
  • Pix the Cat (Vita)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Switch, PS4)
  • realMyst (Switch)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Revenant Dogma (Vita)
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (Vita)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island™ (PC)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition (PC)
  • Shenmue III Collector’s Edition (PC, PS4)
  • Star Wars™ (NES, Game Boy)
  • Star Wars™: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
  • Star Wars™: Dark Forces (PC)
  • Star Wars™ Episode I: Racer (PC, N64)
  • Star Wars™: The Empire Strikes Back (NES, Game Boy)
  • Star Wars™: Jedi Knight (PC)
  • Star Wars™ Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (PC)
  • Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)
  • Star Wars™: Racer Revenge (PS4)
  • Star Wars™: Rebel Assault (PC)
  • Star Wars™: Shadows of the Empire (PC, N64)
  • Star Wars™: TIE Fighter (PC)
  • Star Wars™: X-Wing (PC)
  • Super Meat Boy (Switch, PS4, Vita)
  • Super Mutant Alien Assault (Vita)
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Vita)
  • Transistor (Switch, PS4)
  • Turok (Switch)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch)

urmie

Wait, the Star Wars games are going to be release individually? Thought it would be some sort of collection. Wow, talk about $$ mark up. The PC versions alone can fit on 1 Blu ray. I guess the console versions though are cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom