• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Soldner X-2 will have its own trophy set AND a platinum, finally?

Whaaat.

This is most excellent news!

Regarding combining shipments and refunds: The logistics of that for 10 thousand orders is nightmarish. I completely understand it.

I see that some people are having the issue that they could only get PS4 in the first batch and only VITA in the second or vice versa. I think I may have figured out a solution by accident and that could help you out next time.

I didn't set my alarm correctly this morning, so when I woke up during the first batch they only had PS4 available. I added it to my cart but VITA was sold out.

I didn't want to get charged twice for shipping so I just decided to just forget it and try again during the second batch. I was ready this time when the second batch came around and I could see that I still had the PS4 copy waiting in my cart. When orders opened up, I got my VITA copy and then checked out with both copies. I got the email confirming both on the same order, one shipping charge.

So my solution is- next time, if you can only get one version in batch 1 but you still want both, then don't check out yet. Keep it in your cart and in batch 2 you might be able to get the other version and then checkout. Fair warning- it seems to have worked for me but YMMV, don't blame me if it doesn't work. I'll let you guys know if I have a problem getting my order fulfilled.

We will no longer be offering refunds on shipping due to the price of shipping increasing where we are located. We will combine shipping only if you have purchased a box and emailed us. We do reserve the right to combine any shipments as we see fit.

Still, $10 for 1st class shipping within the USA for two games kinda burns. Even burns more if you end up combing someone's shipment with no refund on costs.

I guess chalk it up to price of admission.

shinkai

Fell asleep after getting home from work >~> missed out on the Vita version again. Hopefully there are some canceled ones.

Lol, I completely forgot about the second run last night. Logged on and Vita is all gone, and there's still PS4 copies in stock.

Funny how that swung around again. SMRPG had Vita copies left for ages, now Oddworld has PS4 copies left for ages.

Anyway, I'm not interested in PS4 version, so I guess I'll check to see if there's any cancelled orders in future.

Skulldead

Lol, I completely forgot about the second run last night. Logged on and Vita is all gone, and there's still PS4 copies in stock.

Funny how that swung around again. SMRPG had Vita copies left for ages, now Oddworld has PS4 copies left for ages.

Anyway, I'm not interested in PS4 version, so I guess I'll check to see if there's any cancelled orders in future.

I think Vita owner start to see that the console is on the last Breath for physical release... so can explain why they sold so fast...

Ps4 copy still available, I'm quite surprise...

Still, $10 for 1st class shipping within the USA for two games kinda burns. Even burns more if you end up combing someone's shipment with no refund on costs.

I guess chalk it up to price of admission.

Yea, there should be a way without putting a lot of extra work on their shipping team. Hopefully they can find a way in the future. Ten dollars is pretty steep to ship 2 games in the US. Especially when you consider the website had issues and how limited these titles are, a lot of people simply didn't have a choice but order it separately.

Still, I'm happy to get my order and with LRG overall. They seem to genuinely care about their customers so hopefully this is something they can look into and they can accomodate it in the future.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Still showing PS4 copies available here.

I guess 5k wasn't such a bad guess if it's still available?
edit:

Oh!

From their / LRG twitter:
"We're down to the last 500 PS4 copies of New 'n' Tasty. Since stock has lasted 24 hours, the one per customer limit has been removed."

pantsmith

I just saw YIIK is getting a limited release?

Is there any way, beyond constantly monitoring this thread, that I could set up an update when it goes on sale?

hawk2025

Seems like the "right" print size for a PS4 game of a reasonably well-known IP is around 5000, then?

Perhaps Vita is more around 3500 or so?

I imagine that, say, Rainbow Moon or Futuridium shouldn't have 5000 copies, but who knows at this point with how the LRG brand is growing?

MW_Jimmy

I think stock lasting 24 hours with a few hundred left, is a pretty good place to be. I think Limited Games judged stock perfectly on this one.

Prelude.

5,000 PS4 & 5,000 Vita are the magic LE numbers.
Maybe. But yeah, in my opinion it's better to have very close, if not equal, numbers or you're invevitably pushing some orders towards a particular version. If we're talking about stuff like VA-11 HALL-A, which is only on one platform, they might even need a bit more. If they do end up publishing "big" games, well, yeah, 5000 is not enough.

I'm not even sure if it makes sense to judge things now considering it's just their third game and only the first that is relatively mainstream, so there's still a lot of potential customers in the dark, but clearly 2500 isn't even close to the actual demand.

c-murph

They need a better location to sell their titles. That "sold out" glitch is bullshit all around.

Obviously, still a few bug to iron out but their doing a helluva job for just starting out.

MW_Jimmy

I'm not even sure if it makes sense to judge things now considering it's just their third game and only the first that is relatively mainstream, so there's still a lot of potential customers in the dark, but clearly 2500 isn't even close to the actual demand.

Yeah, agreed. I'm one of those "in the dark" customers and I think that the demand will be vary greatly. It's just good to see demand being judged better than last time.

I see demand being higher than seen so far for anything that is Japanese (or very Japanese in asthetic and design) and any possibly also for releases that are day and date with the download version.

Az987

all good things
I had an issue trying to purchase the Vita and PS4 versions of SMRPG last time and I was trying to use PayPal.

This time I used Amazon payments and everything worked fine.

Maybe it's a bug with checking out with PayPal?

Megauap

I had an issue trying to purchase the Vita and PS4 versions of SMRPG last time and I was trying to use PayPal.

I checked the console while my PayPal payment was processing and it did have some errors (I think they were errors trying to catch the PayPal server response that the payment went through) but didn't pay much attention to it.

I have used PayPal on all 3 releases without any issue.

Hobbun

They need a better location to sell their titles. That "sold out" glitch is bullshit all around.

I agree with this. They need to find means to sell their games other than through Shopify.

Their whole answer of “There’s nothing we can do about it” (in regards to the errors) shouldn’t be acceptable from LRG.

NDPsycho

I agree with this. They need to find means to sell their games other than through Shopify.

Their whole answer of “There’s nothing we can do about it” (in regards to the errors) shouldn’t be acceptable from LRG.

I can understand being upset when it's not working, but there are far more variables involved than just shopify, and switching providers is no guarantee of fixing your issues or not creating other issues. As has been discussed before, even giants like Amazon can experience problems with high demand short window items. It happens.

The other side of this is whether it's worth it from LRG's side. Would the effort of moving store fronts be worth it to hopefully address an issue that isn't impacting a majority of your customers? They sell out regardless, so they aren't going to make any more money on any investment of their time or money moving.

I get that it sucks and I'm not trying to diminish it, just looking at it realistically. At least they've looked into it and I think they go above and beyond in trying to increase accessibility to their offerings. You do get to a point of diminishing returns though, and it will never be possible to meet everyone's needs. I think they do a hell of a job trying though.

Weevilone

I get that it sucks and I'm not trying to diminish it, just looking at it realistically. At least they've looked into it and I think they go above and beyond in trying to increase accessibility to their offerings. You do get to a point of diminishing returns though, and it will never be possible to meet everyone's needs. I think they do a hell of a job trying though.

So basically if the product is scarce enough and the people affected are the minority, fuck them?

I've experienced it once and it sucked. If it happens to me again, I'll be done with them. I doubt I'm alone.

NDPsycho

So basically if the product is scarce enough and the people affected are the minority, fuck them?

I've experienced it once and it sucked. If it happens to me again, I'll be done with them. I doubt I'm alone.

If that's how you want to take it, it doesn't really matter what I'd say, does it? You can run yourself out of business trying to accommodate every need or complaint, and you shouldn't . I've missed out on plenty of limited items, I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards and make major business changes to accommodate me, especially if there is no benefit to the company.

I never said 'fuck anyone.' I said people should be realistic, and showed empathy that it sucks.

As for the last comment, what weight does it even carry? Until they reach a point that they aren't selling out, it will have no impact. It's not personal, though you want it to be, it's business. I'm sure their business plan doesn't hinge on your ability to get one. If it did, they would take pre-orders and manufacture to demand.

Furthermore, they have looked into it and it isn't on Shopify or LRG to provide any more detail than that. I apologize that my outlook on these things don't align with yours. I want to see LRG stick around, they are doing something really cool, but they've already done some far out stuff that many businesses wouldn't based off of complaints and don't want to see them jumping off a financial cliff to suit a small segment of their fanbase.

Famassu

No, not "fuck them", more like just "shit happens". Too bad for you, but throwing hissyfits like this:

because of it is silly. Oh well, more copies available for the rest of us.

Weevilone

because of it is silly. Oh well, more copies available for the rest of us.

It's far from a hissyfit. It's a pretty reasoned approach to an issue like this. They have an issue, and when it happened it was "shit happens" and communicate the experience so they know about it. B/c they weren't aware of it and hadn't had an opportunity to correct it. By now they're quite aware of it, so there's ample opportunity to make adjustments but it's still happening to people.

They're building a business off collectors, and many collectors will want all of their releases .. a whole set for lack of a better word. Not being able to do that will turn some people off.

I'm no longer a big collector, but I prefer physical and want to support. I'm already at the boundary of what I'm willing to do, by arranging my day so that I can try to buy at a very specific date/time. There's no room for additional headache in my opinion, so it is what it is.

And to the other comment about running your own business.. I have done that, so I get it. Believe me, nobody cared if there was 1 of me or 100 of me behind the scenes. Customer experience is what it is, and it's not graded on a curve. If I'm eating at a restaurant where I occasionally get no food at all after having a reservation for a table, I'm not going to keep eating there b/c the owner is a great guy and works hard.

The big issue with switching service providers is that we already prepaid for two years of Shopify to lock in a good rate. We did this after Breach & Clear which went super smooth. We're going to research some things more deeply and see if we can figure *something* out to make it better. A single order window would alleviate it a bit but it would be hard to nail down a time that works for everyone in the world.

It's unlikely things will change before Futuridium in a week, but hopefully our June release will go smoothly (I'm really excited to announce this one!).

Some good news - we may be able to lower international shipping costs by $2 - $6. No official confirmation yet, but it is looking good. The downside is no fulfillment partner will lie on the customs forms - upside is that we'll just personally fulfill items to countries with high import duties to avoid that caveat (like Brazil).

I just want to stress that we're always listening to you guys and trying to do right by you. Apologies if our site doesn't provide the best experience. We're hoping to make it better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom