• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lion Unity Demo Running in Real-Time on PS5 (Native 4K, 30FPS)

I prefer tech demos that show things how they could look in an actual videogame - this seems like it could be like a really quickly made cinematic but we’re not gonna see videogame characters in an actual game with that fidelity for quite a while

Throw a frag in there with 1 destructible object...

30fps ---> 4fps

I refuse to get hard until they show us demos of actual next gen games on this hardware.

Until then my cock is under lock and key.
Lol! yeah after The Matrix Awakens, Enemies and this…I have pretty high expectations for this gens games.

S0ULZB0URNE

wow 2 dynamic objects surrounded by static rocks... I AM FLABBERGASTED

these Unity Engine demos always look so great, and then you play any game made with that engine, even by good dev teams... and you quickly realize... things aren't so great
sVSfSPP.gif

CamHostage

We have had demos for *decades* on engines and consoles and they never reach that point. Remember Agni’s Philosophy?

I do remember it. And I recommend people should watch Agni's Philosophy (or watch it again if it's been a while,) as it's interesting to see how the technology demonstrated in 2012 translated over into aspects of Final Fantasy XV. The specs on Agni's Philosophy were significantly more than the actual final PS4 (that demo hardware was a GTX 680 with 16GB RAM, which is maybe more in the ballpark of a PS4 Pro, but Pro has still half that RAM,) and the level of fidelity and complexity was fittingly not up to Agni's level, but the core technology scaled down to work on machines of that generation. (Agni does have some crazy-pretty particles though, sure wish that was something these machines could have put out like that...)

(BTW, the later Witch Chapter 0 CRY demo was an example of Square's "next"-next technology, getting into more current hardware implementations and experimentations, although given it was running on four GTX Titan X graphics cards, that's a lot to live up to even 7 years later.)

But yes, do be smart about understanding what demos are when you check them out. They are not games, and they are usually not demonstrated with consumer hardware nor under interactive conditions. Read the specs, read the project prospectus, learn the conditions and proposed applications, scrutinize the use under realistic conditions... and if all you are interested in is gameplay, maybe don't bother checking it out. But if you like this stuff, have fun!

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
It’s not a game. It’s to show real-time rendering. It’s extremely helpful for iteration when working on a project.
We are not working on game projects. We are consumers. This is utterly worthless pr nonsense and bears no implication for anything we`ll actually ever get our hands on.

Last edited:

Stooky

We are not working on game projects. We are consumers. This is utterly worthless pr nonsense and bears no implication for anything we`ll actually ever get our hands on.
If you are a consumer as in You buy video games then demos at sigraph have nothing to do with you, this convention is not for you. Sigraph is a convention for CG artist, production, professionals, and studios. Move on

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
If you are a consumer as in You buy video games then demos at sigraph have nothing to do with you, this convention is not for you. Sigraph is a convention for CG artist, production, professionals, and studios. Move on
You seem to suffer from some kind of dementia since you seem to have forgotten where we are here....

Last edited:
Top Bottom