• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Teaser Page Goes Up

HiResDes

Acosta said:
Just for curiosity, what games of him have you played?
I'm a huge fan dude, probably more than is healthy:

Black & White/ Black & White 2
Fable/Fable 2
Syndicate
Populous (Not mine, could have been the sequel)
The Movies (Not Mine, a friends)

Acosta

HiResDes said:
I'm a huge fan dude, probably more than is healthy:

Black & White/ Black & White 2
Fable/Fable 2
Syndicate
Populous (Not mine, could have been the sequel)
The Movies (Not Mine, a friends)

Not doubting it, it´s just that some of my favorite games ever are from him, so I always failed to understand the notion of him being more hype than real thing. But I guess that's not was the meaning of your post, carry on.

pr0cs

HiResDes said:
I always appreciate Peter more for his ambition than for the end product of his vision...But I still think the industry could use more dreamers like him.
Considering all the great games he's been involved with you'd be mad not to be at least a little bit of a fan of his:

Credited via MobyGames:
Fable II (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
LittleBigPlanet (2008), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
The Movies: Stunts & Effects (2006), Activision Publishing, Inc.
Black & White 2 (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Black & White 2 (Collector's Edition) (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Fable: The Lost Chapters (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
The Movies (Premiere Edition) (2005), Activision Publishing, Inc.
The Movies (2005), Activision Publishing, Inc.
Codename: Panzers - Phase One (2004), CDV Software Entertainment AG
Fable (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
Republic: The Revolution (2003), Eidos, Inc.
Black & White (2001), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Homeworld (Game of the Year Edition) (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
Homeworld (1999), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
Dungeon Keeper Gold (1998), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Dungeon Keeper (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Dungeon Keeper: The Deeper Dungeons (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Theme Hospital (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Genewars (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Syndicate Wars (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Hi-Octane (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Magic Carpet: Hidden Worlds (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Magic Carpet (1994), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Theme Park (1994), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Syndicate (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Syndicate: American Revolt (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods (1991), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Powermonger: World War 1 Edition (1991), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Flood (1990), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Powermonger (1990), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Populous (1989), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Populous: The Promised Lands (1989), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Druid II: Enlightenment (1988), Firebird Software Ltd.

Sonos

Banned
I can't stand Lionhead but I want a game from Che's era and situation possibly more than anything.

This is difficult.

Talon

duckroll said:
Why? Lionhead has never written a worthwhile story ever. I'll take a strategy or simulation game from Lionhead any day over an attempt at a story driven adventure or RPG title from them. :p
Don't get me wrong, Fable II was a disappointment, but Lionhead did a good job of conferring choice and emotion with the dog and the last decisive choice
changing your character's appearance
than a vast majority of games. I suppose you can argue that the dog moment was cheap, but the latter was pretty ingenious considering how attached players are to your character's appearance.

And, yes, I consider those moments to be a vital part of a game's story.

Mudkips

Banned
Black & White.
And no, Peter, I won't listen to your bullshit.

Just make the game. If it 's good, you'll get my money.

Sonos said:
I can't stand Lionhead but I want a game from Che's era and situation possibly more than anything.

This is difficult.
It probably has nothing to do with Che or Revolutionaries (ahem).

I'm guessing this countdown campaign is just going to be a quote per day from different people, highlighting the amazingness of Lionhead's new project (Milo or B&W3).

SPEA

I've always loved this shirt.

funny_che_guevara_tshirt.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Didn't Peter say that one of his games had some significance to September of a certain year?

Anything ground-breaking happening during Che's era in the month of September?

Domino Theory said:
Didn't Peter say that one of his games had some significance to September of a certain year?

Anything ground-breaking happening during Che's era in the month of September?

That was Milo. Milo was originally called Dimitri (after his ... erm... godson i think) and that day in september is dimitris birthday. :/

That is Molyneux bullshit for you.

Smash88

Banned
So Peter is trying to tell us he is the new Che? :lol

Also Peter wasn't part of Dungeon Keeper 2? That seems weird. DK was one of my favorite games from childhood and still is.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I bet this is going to be some Natal game that we won't touch until 2011.

Mudkips

Banned
Milk Lizard said:
That was Milo. Milo was originally called Dimitri (after his ... erm... godson i think) and that day in september is dimitris birthday. :/

:lol

God that man is full of it.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Milk Lizard said:

Milo was never Dimitri. Where the are you getting this from? I remember Molyneux once explained a bit about the artificial intelligence in Dimitri and it involved a bar fight. How could that have evolved into Milo?

DogWelder

Oh, I get it, this is going to be a game about choice. Ideas will have consequences, branching paths that correspond to a player's choices, wherein paths correspond to decisions founded upon ideals, resulting in exalted games with deeper soul and story, enhanced characters and meaning, and exalted gameplay. The classical hero's journey may be rendered, as the journey hinges on choices pivoting on classical ideals. Ideas that are rendered in word and deed will have consequences in the gameworld. Historical events such as The Cuban Revolution will be brought to life, as players listen to famous speeches and choose sides. As great works of literature and dramatic art center around characters rending ideals real, both interally and externally, in word and deed, in love and war, the present invention will afford video games that exalt the classical soul, as well as the great books, classics, and epic films--past, present and future.

“I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.” --Ernesto 'Che' Guevera
“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” --Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
“Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.” --Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

3366672874_d490019fd4_b.jpg

Chris R

Zenith said:
Yes, the one thing about Peter is that unlike most people who hype, he's not doing it to cover the game's own shortcomings, he's doing it because he actually believes what he's saying.
And he has fooled me twice with his hype. Never again!!!

godhandiscen said:
Milo was never Dimitri. Where the are you getting this from? I remember Molyneux once explained a bit about the artificial intelligence in Dimitri and it involved a bar fight. How could that have evolved into Milo?
It is Milo though. He's said that. I dunno about the barfight thing, but it's always been based on his godkid or something so maybe you're confusing something.

EDIT: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-project-natals-molyneux-and-milo-interview

Eurogamer: Is this what you used to call Project Dmitri?

Peter Molyneux: Yes.

billy.sea

Banned
"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love."

Obviously talking about Milo. Don't be afraid of looking ridiculous at talking to the TV, Milo will be revolutionary and you will treat this digital boy with all your love.

duckroll said:
He should stop trying to make people give a shit about some stupid animal or character inside his games, and make people give a shit about his GAMES instead imo.

Fuck Pete for attempting something different and succeeding on some level to some people. Who gives a shit about the best selling RPG franchise on the 360?

I don't think it's debatable that Peter loves games, that people think he's ridiculous or that he's released revolutionary titles in the past.

Wellscha said:
French revolution?

more and more I'm believing that its a political sim. :D

Or just a revolutionary game (milo). Really they have only just done the last fable 2 dlc and the other team is working on milo, cant see how they could also have worked on some political sim or some fable 2 dlc about a revolution ?

Microsoft just confirmed me a bcd demo slot at GamesCom to see "something", I don't really know what it will be. I'm wondering if it's related to this announcement, who knows.

Kafel

Banned
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Microsoft just confirmed me a bcd demo slot at GamesCom to see "something", I don't really know what it will be. I'm wondering if it's related to this announcement, who knows.

A demo already ?

If it's B&W it would make sense to show it in Germany as it was initially a PC game.

It is strange that this thread has got this far and nobody has put forward the theory that this is promoting Fable 3 and emphasising a revolutionary theme in the game. It will probably also have zero button combat and one more thing that may seem obvious but will set the world alight and change the way that everyone thinks about games. They can't talk about that yet though, obv.

Top Bottom