• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lips track list revealed

Tntnnbltn

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Complete lack of ABBA btw(at least in the US). How the fuck that got past cert I'll never know.
ABBA are SingStar-exclusive until December 2009. Edit: Beaten

How long has SingStar been out? Does it also come with 2 sexy wireless mics, or is that still a pipe dream? Not trying to start shit.
A good 6 months in the US, and almost a year in Europe. So far it's still wired microphones.

coldplay "yellow" is so safe for a coldplay song. fuck this game. VivA La Vida would have been a better choice IMO.
It's been confirmed for SingStar Vol 3 in Europe. ;-)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
BigBlackGamer said:
coldplay "yellow" is so safe for a coldplay song. fuck this game. VivA La Vida would have been a better choice IMO.
I've never really understood how music licensing works for games, but I've noticed that there are a ton of artists that have the same song in multiple games. It's like 'if you want this artist, you have to have this song.'

humm.... I would like a mix of the USA/Euro track list. Are the euro tracks supposed to be DLC later? Or is the game region free?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
cjelly said:
How long has SingStar been out? Does it also come with 2 sexy wireless mics, or is that still a pipe dream? Not trying to start shit.

Lips' mics are sexy?

cjelly said:
I've never really understood how music licensing works for games, but I've noticed that there are a ton of artists that have the same song in multiple games. It's like 'if you want this artist, you have to have this song.'

yea it sucks hard. it's much more apparent in RB/GH games were both games get the same song from the same artist even though you know if given the choice GH would probably not want any of the same songs that RB has.

Tntnnbltn said:
It's been confirmed for SingStar Vol 3 in Europe. ;-)

lucky. :(

Tntnnbltn

HallucinatingElvis said:
14 Hungry Like The Wolf Duran Duran

need moar plz!
I really don't mean to derail the thread with SingStar posts, but the following songs are on the SingStore... (Of course, doesn't help if you are a 360-only owner)
Code:
Duran Duran	"Hungry Like the Wolf"
Duran Duran	"Is There Something I Should Know?"
Duran Duran	"Ordinary World"
Duran Duran	"Planet Earth"
Duran Duran	"The Reflex"
Duran Duran	"Rio"
Duran Duran	"Save a Prayer"
Duran Duran	"Union of the Snake"
Duran Duran	"The Wild Boys"

Will be interesting to see what DLC will be available for Lips.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
HallucinatingElvis said:
14 Hungry Like The Wolf Duran Duran

need moar plz!
I'm sure they'll have plenty of DLC. Or at least I hope so.
Bii said:
This would be great if my iPhone worked on the 360.
I have been saying this since day one. Apple have locked out Mass Storage on iPods for about 2 years now so a lot of people won't be able to use the feature as advertised.

I remember reading that someone asked Microsoft at E3 and they said they were aware of it and trying to talk to Apple about it.

If push comes to shove I'll just whack a load of songs on a USB thumb drive.

Tntnnbltn said:
I really don't mean to derail the thread with SingStar posts, but the following songs are on the SingStore... (Of course, doesn't help if you are a 360-only owner)
Code:
Duran Duran	"The Reflex"
Duran Duran	"Rio"

Will be interesting to see what DLC will be available for Lips.

I knew that was coming but that fast?

anywho, well aware and really unhappy about that as singstar was on my near future purchase list but recently I has forced to decide wich console between the 3 I had to sell, it was going to be the Wii untill I was offered a retardedly high price for my 60 gig PS3. your post=salt in the wound :(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Tntnnbltn said:
Code:
Duran Duran	"The Reflex"
Duran Duran	"Rio"

fuck, ordinary world, planet earth, and the reflex? shit, add view to a kill, skin trade, serious, and american science, and i would take that in a heartbeat.

Kafel said:
40 songs is pretty weak MS/iNiS. And the game isn't cheap ...
SingStar doesn't come bundled with anymore than that (usually has 30, but then again it's priced low too). The main reason for the lack of songs is the cost of licensing artist + video. Licensing just the music isn't as much as licensing both music + video. That's why Karaoke games tend to not have a large songlist.

Songlist is pretty good, but most of the songs I already have on SingStar (or my favorites I should say). I might still pick this up.

I want to see some more videos on the game!

It's alright on the tracklist. DLC will come.

MS just make sure you keep supporting the game :D

dork

Banned
Funny how drm stuff doesnt work, buying music failed you.

Cant wait to do a little three 6 mafia rap haha

Can't wait for lips.

I STILL can't believe there's no real Geaorge Michael or JT love on these games.

By the way, last year, a Sony rep made mention to me that wireless mics were coming for Singstar PS3, has this been scrapped?

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Well ,that's the beauty isn't it?

Do you HAVE to use ipod or Zune, or will ANY MP3 player work?

They have only said iPod and Zune.

However at E3 it said you could also stream from HDD and from Media Center... We'll see how much of that made it into the final game.

If the 360 can read from your MP3 player right now, I would think it will work in Lips. If not, just stream from Media Center or copy it onto HDD somehow.

Oh, and I think MS will probably add support for iPod touch and iPhone in the NXE. At E3 they again reiterated they were aware of the problem and working on a solution. The NXE seems like the perfect time, and would definitely make more Lips owners happy.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Iced_Eagle said:
Oh, and I think MS will probably add support for iPod touch and iPhone in the NXE. At E3 they again reiterated they were aware of the problem and working on a solution. The NXE seems like the perfect time, and would definitely make more Lips owners happy.
But it's not a Microsoft problem, it's an Apple problem. They have intentionally locked out the Mass Storage capability for the newer iPods.

Unless Microsoft have inked some kind of deal with Apple.

cjelly said:
But it's not a Microsoft problem, it's an Apple problem. They have intentionally locked out the Mass Storage capability for the newer iPods.

Yeah I know, but I would think Apple would be able to help MS in some way.

Plus, we all know that when a lot of people get the game and realizes it doesn't work with their fancy new devices, who do you think they will blame? Microsoft or Apple? :lol

Naturally, they are plugging it into the 360, so of course they will blame Microsoft.

Meier

$70?? I'm out. I paid $40 (well I got it in the buy 1 get 1 free deal, so even less really) for SingStar PS3 and bought some mics on eBay for like $15. Oh well, it was a nice thought.

pswii60

BigBlackGamer said:
But Viva La Vida makes me want to fucking jump off a skyscraper. I hate that shit.

EDIT: What is with this 'LOOK! LOOK! THIS IS ON SINGSTAR! CHECK OUT THIS SINGSTAR DOWNLOAD PACK! PLEASE DON'T FORGET ABOUT SINGSTAR! etc' stuff in this LIPS thread? Eh?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

it seems only coldplay fans can tell the difference between their songs, so for the rest of the world, it really didn't matter what they picked!

*runs*

Chinner

Banned
DCharlie said:
it seems only coldplay fans can tell the difference between their songs, so for the rest of the world, it really didn't matter what they picked!

*runs*
Indeed. Speed of sound and Clocks sound exactly the same.

DarkJC

cjelly said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zune doesn't have mass storage support either does it? At least, the original didn't I'm pretty sure.

If the 360 can support the Zune, they can support the new iPod/iPhone, they just need to work with Apple to support it.

agm2502

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Well ,that's the beauty isn't it?

Do you HAVE to use ipod or Zune, or will ANY MP3 player work?
From an interview on 1up.com
1UP: I know that's one element of Lips that has intrigued a lot of us since the game was announced at E3. Do you have any details on how that will work in the game?

CE: Absolutely. First and foremost, anything that's working on your Xbox right now in terms of external devices or media center or things that you have on your hard drive, these will all work with Lips. Of course, there's DRM issues, but if it works right now on your 360, you'll be able to use it and interact with it in Lips.

soco

DarkJC said:
If the 360 can support the Zune, they can support the new iPod/iPhone, they just need to work with Apple to support it.

and therein lies the problem. Apple removed it for a reason...

Flyguy

CE: Absolutely. First and foremost, anything that's working on your Xbox right now in terms of external devices or media center or things that you have on your hard drive, these will all work with Lips. Of course, there's DRM issues, but if it works right now on your 360, you'll be able to use it and interact with it in Lips.

So you can stream from your PC? I'm confuzzled.

DCharlie said:

*runs*

low blow dude.....low blow.

pswii60 said:
But Viva La Vida makes me want to fucking jump off a skyscraper. I hate that shit.

EDIT: What is with this 'LOOK! LOOK! THIS IS ON SINGSTAR! CHECK OUT THIS SINGSTAR DOWNLOAD PACK! PLEASE DON'T FORGET ABOUT SINGSTAR! etc' stuff in this LIPS thread? Eh?

I mean if it were up to me I wouldnt choose Viva La Vida either, but obviously they want mainstream coldplay. Yellow feels like it's in every music game for some reason. Even though yellow is from Parachutes I would have probably picked something less mainstream from that album.

pilonv1

Australian exclusives:

Cold Chisel - Khe Sahn
Missy Higgins - Scar
Shannon Noll - Shine
Olivia Newton-John - Magic
Silverchair - Straight Lines
Men at Work - Be Good Johnny
John Farnham - You're the Voice

Top Bottom