• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lips track list revealed

Manager

Tons of new images, too many to post here:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7318_en.html

Shows the interface and such:
1694_0001.jpg

1694_0002.jpg

1694_0003.jpg

1694_0004.jpg

1694_0005.jpg

1694_0006.jpg

1694_0007.jpg

1694_0008.jpg

1694_0018.jpg

1694_0023.jpg

1694_0016.jpg

Gorki247

jobber said:
ah MS you're not tricking me with this one!

I bought the Xbox Music Mixer

No support at all.
This. My purchase of this game will depend on how well it is supported with DLC. I want Rock Band levels of DLC support and so far we haven't heard to too much.

I'm really tempted to get this for some reason. However, I can't shake that feeling that Lips 2 will be better in terms of importing your music (support songs from Zune Marketplace for example!).

If the guys can make Lips into a platform, ala Rock Band, I will be one really fucking happy camper. The main thing I would want would be like what they did for RB1 -> RB2 in terms of bringing over all of the songs (including DLC) into the new version.

*Edit* Gorki247: If you preorder you get a new song every week for two months, so I think the DLC support will be fine.

Gorki247

Iced_Eagle said:
I'm really tempted to get this for some reason. However, I can't shake that feeling that Lips 2 will be better in terms of importing your music (support songs from Zune Marketplace for example!).

If the guys can make Lips into a platform, ala Rock Band, I will be one really fucking happy camper. The main thing I would want would be like what they did for RB1 -> RB2 in terms of bringing over all of the songs (including DLC) into the new version.

*Edit* Gorki247: If you preorder you get a new song every week for two months, so I think the DLC support will be fine.
But those preorder songs are just songs from the marketplace. They're not Lips DLC, so no full integration with the game. Also, this preorder deal is not available in Europe AFAIK (as we don't have the Zune Marketplace).

t3nmilez

Woah, there's an Asian version of this, that's pretty surprising, wonder if the tracklist will be different. Price is only $5 less than the American one though, so I'll just import that if it's region free. Shame that there's no Japanese version, but hopefully the import feature will be somewhat satisfactory.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game though, I need something to help practice my karaoke skills!

Gorki247 said:
But those preorder songs are just songs from the marketplace. They're not Lips DLC, so no full integration with the game. Also, this preorder deal is not available in Europe AFAIK (as we don't have the Zune Marketplace).

Damn you're right.

Hopes and dreams = crushed.

I think I'll wait for a while after release to hear what people have to say in terms of DLC, how fun it is, mic compatibility, etc.

If the mics work in Rock Band, that would be fucking sick, as they are wireless :D Even more kudos if they could put in the beats to the LED's on the mic (the star power flashes to the beat, so if they could send that same beat data to the LED, that would rock).

This game, I really want to succeed, so it is definitely on my games to watch list. I have a feeling that this might be a game that will be better with its next version.

*Edit* Also, this is $67 on Amazon... Only $3 savings, but money is money.

*Edit* My hopes and dreams are no longer crushed!

IGN just revealed that Zune DRM songs do work with Lips. Not sure if this was known or not actually. But I saw that and it made me happy :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/929/929562p1.html

Some other details on the gametypes in the article as well.

Gorki247

Iced_Eagle said:
*Edit* My hopes and dreams are no longer crushed!

IGN just revealed that Zune DRM songs do work with Lips. Not sure if this was known or not actually. But I saw that and it made me happy :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/929/929562p1.html

Some other details on the gametypes in the article as well.

By 'no full integration', I meant that the Zune songs won't have lyrics in Lips, so they are really the same as any other song you stream from your mp3 player. I would have preferred it if they had offered some DLC tracks as pre-order bonus. That way non-US customers could have benefited from this as well.

RBH

Fake Plastic Trees for the fucking win.

I've been listening to that song nonstop for the past week. I'd probably do a terrible job of singing it though. :lol

Top Bottom