• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List: Already released PS4 titles that will get a PS4 Pro mode/update

Wish list: Destiny, Bloodborne, Driveclub... 60 fps

Destiny probably isn't happening because because of the framerate on multiplayer games limitation. I don't know that I see Codemasters letting the ex-Evo team spend enough time on Driveclub to get it to 60fps, though they are going to be releasing the VR tracks into Driveclub so they're obviously still working on it in some capacity.

UrbanRats

I think OP should add titles from this picture from PS Asia conference.
5wO4f4i.png

That's a juicy line up of titles, even excluding those i'll get on PC.

Well can forget about GT Sport running at a locked 60fps then on PS4 Pro if the PS4 version can't manage it... Game is mp centric unless a boost from 60 unlocked to locked would be permitted.

Curufinwe

Well can forget about GT Sport running at a locked 60fps then on PS4 Pro if the PS4 version can't manage it... Game is mp centric unless a boost from 60 unlocked to locked would be permitted.

So they are going to recreate the specific frame drops from the PS4 on Pro?

I really doubt that.

That's just for framerate targets, not actual dips and what not.

Even from a PS4 vs PS4 perspective, if two people get in a gunfight in an FPS, one might experience an FPS dip and the other might not.

Given a scenario like that, there's a natural degree of "unfairness" built into most multiplayer titles to begin with.

UrbanRats

IIRC these games aren't all getting a PRO version, they're just games that will be released in China.

Oh.
Well i hope all first party and (especially) FFXV will receive special attention in this case.
Do a bit more than just slap a 4K mode and call it a day.

Besides those leaked slides I've not seen any report confirming this is true. Wouldn't they just come out and say it officially?

They don't generally make those kind of policies public, probably because they also leave the door open to grant exceptions if a dev can't get it done in time.

I'm curious as to what kind of enhancements a game like Gravity Rush 2 will get. It's not going for photo realism, maybe crank up the AA and draw distance?

wtd2009

After hearing that horizon isn't going to touch frame rate, i'm starting to wonder what FFXV is going to do. I'm hoping it's just more lush environments in 1080,doubt they'll touch frame rate either.

Edit: or maybe they'll just fix those horrendous looking barrels of food ;-)

After hearing that horizon isn't going to touch frame rate, i'm starting to wonder what FFXV is going to do. I'm hoping it's just more lush environments in 1080,doubt they'll touch frame rate either.

Edit: or maybe they'll just fix those horrendous looking barrels of food ;-)

Guerrilla Games is not planning to improve Horizon's framerate for 1080p? Like a locked 30fps??

Planet

Theres is no such thing as a locked framerate, but I am pretty confident the Pro will have fewer drops from 30 on Horizon than the regular version, though I suppose the framerate won't really be much of a problem there, anyway.

Gowans

You can bet the games that are regularly updated as a platform will be updated.

Warframe, Smite etc. Maybe even BF4, that just got a big patch.

SpotAnime

Wish list :
- Witcher 3
- Fallout 4
- Until Dawn
- Resogun
- Drive Club
- Bloodborne

My list is pretty much this, with GTAV, SW Battlefront, Destiny (I know, I know), and Rocket League.

Still, pretty happy we're getting patches for the games already announced. Makes me excited for the Pro come November.

So even without updates games will run better right?

I've heard Bloodborne runs at sub 30 pretty much. I hear it dips pretty often.

On the PS4 PRO, even without any patches it should run better because it's on better hardware right? I'd imagine it should at that point be a solid 30 fps?

Shoeless

On the PS4 PRO, even without any patches it should run better because it's on better hardware right? I'd imagine it should at that point be a solid 30 fps?

No, it'll run the same way it does on a vanilla PS4. No Pro-Patch, no performance boost.

Shin-Ra

A lot of people making shit up here. My recommendation: don't believe what people say unless they link a reputable source.

No, it'll run the same way it does on a vanilla PS4. No Pro-Patch, no performance boost.

Butwhy.jpg

That's weird...
Does the game not detect that it's on better hardware or something? Or are the games made with a certain power in mind so the games can't/don't understand how to use more power because of optimization?

I hope they update it if that is really the case... Updating on KZ:SF and other older games would be cool too. Infamous SS is going to get an update right? Since it was shown off at the conference.

MrBenchmark

This game is my whole reason for this system so I hope it improves it.

Top Bottom