LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Wait for the Move pack release, there will also be a free update at that time which includes new creator tools -- most notably for you: the slice & dice tool -- which will allow you to cut any "too complex" object into pieces.
Seems just the thing i need. I'll just leave it for now and start on something else.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
As for building tips: I hardly ever glue pieces together anymore, just slap a Gravity Tweaker with 100% Dampening onto anything you don't want to move and be done with it; that way you can select and move individual pieces around without having to worry about other parts falling off/breaking (which happened frequently in LBP1).
Wow, didn't know you could do it like this. Thanks for the tip!
 
Fine Ham Abounds said:
And so my queue grows.

Really wish I could contribute something here, but I have the artistic talent of a drunk tapir and every time I try to design a level in game I end up just making geometric shapes and then fiddle with filters and devices for 2 hours.

Maybe I should try graph paper...
Play some old school platformers awhile for inspiration. Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Adventure Island, Bonk, Rocket Knight Adventurers, Plok, Ristar for instance. Also action games with platforming elements such as Turrican series, Ghouls and Goblins, Mega Man, Castlevania, etc.

More recent platformers with sort of straight forward mechanics help too.

VGmaps.com also helps to learn some decent layout styles.
 


LPBC Community Spotlight Episode 67

PS3

The Calamitous Clock: Guardian of Time by SX_Shookie99
Tronesque by Morgana25
(LBPC3) The Rhythm Ruins - 1P ONLY!!! by rialrees
At World's End by DrunkenFist_Lee
The Lost Temple of the Trees (Part 2) (SinglePlayer) by ShamgarBlade
Sixaxis Unlimited by AngeloMattei
"Synesthesia" (LBPC3) by LFiers
(LBPC3) Freakualized Elevator *1P* by XTrophx
Level 1 - Dream a Little Dream by LittleBigQueen
The Machiniac by Blanchrocker
Escape from the Sewers! by Holguin86
VAGRANT SWORD by GEK83
Bipolar Blocks [2 player] by sny83
Ivory Tower: The Cascading Spire by Exalted_Yawn
Star TraCer 2: Space Voyage by MarcusBishop
Starfox / Sackfox - 1P. -With custom trophy system - V1.1 by SwiftAyama
Frozen Flame - Chapter 1 (Top-down co-op RPG, 1-4 players) by Felkroth
That Crack In The Metal by Vandz

PSP

El Diablo de la Verde by VelcroJonze
Pirates of the Seven Seas: Part 1 by schark1997
Spring Season by spark151

Enjoy
 
Update 1.06 out


Fixes

Local Space camera tweak options now function correctly.

New Features

Playstation Move Support!
Speed Sensor!
Rotation Sensor!
Angle Sensor!
Slice 'N Dice Tool!
New Gameplay Controls!
Minimum/Maximum number of players tweak!
Multiplier option for the Score Giver!
Color and Transparency tweaks for the Water projectile!
Magic Mouths now can show actor name!
Bounce Pads can now be tweaked to only bounce you when you press X
Triplet rythm note placeing! Press down D pad on notes window
 
Undocumented feature: I can actually hold my move controller flat and my sackboy will look in the proper direction. No more having to hold my controller vertically to stay sane.

I also tried to use Move in create mode. They literally ban you from using most of the tools unless you have a dual-shock connected, and if you do that you don't get to "draw" materials with the Move, just with the Dual-shock's analog stick.

So really the only real creation thing you can do with the Move atm is place stickers and decorations.

Huge disappointment on that front, and wasn't even to be expected either.

Still looking forward to the Move Pack though, since I plan on using the Paint tool.

how big! HOW BIG!
Like 590 or something MB. A ridiculous size.

I'm lucky my 3G internet connection held out downloading it especially considering my track record having to download PS3 stuff.
 
KittenMaster said:
I also tried to use Move in create mode. They literally ban you from using most of the tools unless you have a dual-shock connected, and if you do that you don't get to "draw" materials with the Move, just with the Dual-shock's analog stick.

So really the only real creation thing you can do with the Move atm is place stickers and decorations.

Huge disappointment on that front, and wasn't even to be expected either.
Wow, that kills some of the excitement for me. I was really looking forward to using Move in create mode but that sounds pointless.

Do you have a Nav controller? I would rather have it connected than have to use my DS3.
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
KittenMaster said:
Huge disappointment on that front, and wasn't even to be expected either.
That was totally expected actually. Did you miss the last info about the Move DLC? :)

Grinchy said:
Wow, that kills some of the excitement for me. I was really looking forward to using Move in create mode but that sounds pointless.

Do you have a Nav controller?
It's not pointless. You create your Move stuff with the DS3 but can check if it all works with the Move right away by simply picking up the Move upon activating the Movinator.

The point of Move support in LBP2 has never been to create stuff with the Move but to create stuff for the Move.
 
That still kills the excitement. I don't follow news like I used to, and I assumed Move would be used for create mode. Oh well, hopefully the move gameplay is good.
 
KittenMaster said:
I also tried to use Move in create mode. They literally ban you from using most of the tools unless you have a dual-shock connected, and if you do that you don't get to "draw" materials with the Move, just with the Dual-shock's analog stick.

So really the only real creation thing you can do with the Move atm is place stickers and decorations.
Dang it. If I can't draw, then I don't even feel the need to use Move at all
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sintoid said:
Wait a min... Move tools are with the update? They are not only for DLC buyer like MGS or Pirates Pack?
No. Move tools will be in the DLC. This update just ads Move support, basically the option to use the Move/Navi combo to play the game instead of the DS3.
 
Sintoid said:
Wait a min... Move tools are with the update? They are not only for DLC buyer like MGS or Pirates Pack?
If you want to make level with move you need to buy, But playing other players levels anyone can as long as you have a move

you free to play any level like all other DLC with or without buying the DLC LBP alway been like this

the LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack you will get

A brand new story for LittleBigPlanet 2 – The Rise of the Cakeling with 14 new levels (5 levels, 7 mini games and 2 cutscenes)
A new powerup for Sackboy: The Brane Crane
3 huge new powerful gadgets for use with PlayStation®Move: The Movinator, The Move Recorder, The Paint Tool
4 Interactive Music Tracks
8 Music Sequencer Tracks
A new Sound Object containing 32 new sounds
17 new Music Sequencer Instruments
A new level background
6 New Costumes
18 Materials
41 Decorations
13 Objects
66 Stickers
39 new LittleBigPlanet Pins
11 brand new PlayStation® Trophies

out 09/14/2011
 
jump_button said:
If you want to make level with move you need to buy, But playing other players levels anyone can as long as you have a move

you free to play any level like all other DLC with or without buying the DLC LBP alway been like this
Ok, like other DLCs, too bad, I'll wait September 14th to buy DLC ^_^


It's confirmed for September 14th right...right??
 
Sintoid said:
Can you explain how does it works?

You control sackboy only with move?
It's exactly like playing with a dual shock, except the right analog stick movements are done by pointing the Move. Something seems to be wrong with the actual Move Pack though, it comes up blank on the in-game store.
 
Something seems to be wrong with the actual Move Pack though, it comes up blank on the in-game store.
It's because the Move Pack isn't actually out yet. We simply got the patch to prepare for it.

Despite my initial disappointment with 1.06, I'm still gonna get the Move Pack just for the Paint tool.
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sintoid said:
I don't think to understand... the only movement you do with right stick is gesture...
How do you jump? How do you grab?

Thank you ^^
Move around with stick (Navi or DS3 one)
Jump with X or main Move button
Grab with Trigger
Slap with actual Move slapping :D (while holding down L2)

If it wasn't for some stupid NDA I could show you my vid explaining this all (and more).
 
TTP said:
Move around with stick (Navi or DS3 one)
Jump with X or main Move button
Grab with Trigger
Slap with actual Move slapping :D (while holding down L2)

If it wasn't for some stupid NDA I could show you my vid explaining this all (and more).
When does the NDA end??

I can't wait to see the video :D
 
BeeDog said:
Anyone else experiencing hard shutdowns/resets after the newest patch? Never had those before. :(
The first time I quit the game to check the regular PS Store for the Move pack, it did the hard shutdown/reset. The second time I quit, it was fine. But I do remember it happening 1 out of 2 times of that helps.

TTP said:
Just got permission from Sony to make this public! :)

Enjoy!
Great as always. I had no idea you could even rotate the sackboy while you are placing stickers and decorations. My costumes are about to get a lot better. As far as Move stuff goes, this video is my first exposure to how the gameplay works and it looks really good. I can't wait to grab this Move pack.
 
Not being able to use the Move to create basically kills any desire I had to get the Move for this game.

That said, I'm loving the new stuff in the pack regardless and might have to pick it up anyway.
 
I've had a hard reset 3 out of 4 times when quitting this game ever since the patch. Anyone else? The last time, I never even turned on the Move, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with that. Other than that, I may have made a really fun new vehicle that I'll be building a level around.
 
What do you guys think the possibility of a re-release GOTY/move edition with included dlc is? It seems high to me, I'm hoping we see something at TGS.

I have just been finally getting into LBP1 in the past week, and now I need this game bad.
 
leroidys said:
What do you guys think the possibility of a re-release GOTY/move edition with included dlc is? It seems high to me, I'm hoping we see something at TGS.

I have just been finally getting into LBP1 in the past week, and now I need this game bad.
I think a GOTY edition with the Move DLC and some skins is fairly likely to be out in November to go along with increased sales of the hardware for Christmas as it is a very family and child friendly game. Though personally it feels a bit too soon for a GOTY edition. They may release a Little Big Plant 2 Move Edition ala the Eyepet and Heavy Rain Move Editions.
 
Grinchy said:
I've had a hard reset 3 out of 4 times when quitting this game ever since the patch. Anyone else? The last time, I never even turned on the Move, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with that. Other than that, I may have made a really fun new vehicle that I'll be building a level around.
I have the same problem. Quitting the game resets my ps3 each time. I have no Move.

Am i the only one who feels that this game should be released as a digital download to be installed on harddisk? I check new community levels on a regular basis and a harddisk version would have been ideal.

Also, it's a pity they didn't offer a solution to play the story levels of lbp1 in lbp2, with the new improved engine. Would have been cool to be able to access them in the "more stories" tab. I would have gladly replayed most of the levels.

I have no Move so there is little interest for me in buying move pack but i look forward to see what people do with the move paint tool. Saw some great painted pictures in one of the MM demonstration videos.
 
wouwie said:
I have the same problem. Quitting the game resets my ps3 each time. I have no Move.

Am i the only one who feels that this game should be released as a digital download to be installed on harddisk? I check new community levels on a regular basis and a harddisk version would have been ideal.

Also, it's a pity they didn't offer a solution to play the story levels of lbp1 in lbp2, with the new improved engine. Would have been cool to be able to access them in the "more stories" tab. I would have gladly replayed most of the levels.

I have no Move so there is little interest for me in buying move pack but i look forward to see what people do with the move paint tool. Saw some great painted pictures in one of the MM demonstration videos.
I really thought that there would be an import feature of some sort, like Rock Band or something.
 
As a creator, although I never want to resort to a glitch to make better looking backgrounds, those cel shaded/water color paint environments created using move paint are making me want to grab a move controller.

Then again, I bought a PSeye for LBP1, and really didnt use it that much. Damn bar being raised :p

Still wish the paint options were usable with the analog sticks...if only for the sake of coloring certain parts of the back/foreground.
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Teknoman said:
As a creator, although I never want to resort to a glitch to make better looking backgrounds, those cel shaded/water color paint environments created using move paint are making me want to grab a move controller.

Then again, I bought a PSeye for LBP1, and really didnt use it that much. Damn bar being raised :p

Still wish the paint options were usable with the analog sticks...if only for the sake of coloring certain parts of the back/foreground.
Not interested in doing Move stuff? I think there is a lot of potential there for some radically new mechanics.

Besides, you'll need a Move to play the DLC levels/collect items anyway.