• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

-Winnie-

I've been wondering, what exactly is the age group for most players of LBP2? When I was making levels, I made them for people around my age (late teens, early twenties), but I'm thinking now that most players are probably kids or young teens.

Is there actually a decent amount of LBP2 players who aren't children? I just want to know whether a "mature" audience is out there.

The Lamp

I've been wondering, what exactly is the age group for most players of LBP2? When I was making levels, I made them for people around my age (late teens, early twenties), but I'm thinking now that most players are probably kids or young teens.

Is there actually a decent amount of LBP2 players who aren't children? I just want to know whether a "mature" audience is out there.

Well I'm about to turn 21 and I love LBP2....don't play it too often though because I'm busy.

Grinchy

Banned
I played with someone online for like an hour and a half straight. We'd get other joiners, but we stuck together for a long time playing levels together.

At one point he asked me how old I was. When I said I was 28 he replied that that was weird. Turns out he was 11 lol. That's one of the things I like about the online though. If you're not using a mic, it's not like anyone can tell much about you from your in-game behavior.

-Winnie-

I'm glad to know there are some adults who play, I guess there really is a lot of universal appeal to the game.
The reason I brought it up was most if not all my levels were catered to a slightly older audience, and they got basically no plays. It wasn't until my LBP2 level got popular that people actually tried my other stuff.

Ranger X

I made 30s thread in LittleBigPlanet Central and you'd be surprised how many creators and players are actually old people :p
33 here. There was like 50 people in my thread over there.

r1chard

My daughter and I sat down to play some LBP2 after a long break ... only to get utterly frustrated at the long loading time for any community level. We sat through two 5+ minute loading times to play a couple of reasonably fun, but short levels before we just gave up when the third was still loading after 10 minutes.

[39 represent ;-)]

banjo5150

I know what you mean about the loading, I think there is a timing bug or something on LBP servers. If you go to load a level and it takes longer than say 30 secs, hit circle back out then hit X to load right back into the same level and it will load immediately. I dont know what the problem is but that is my work around.

mclaren777

I bought LBP2 when it first came out and I just got LBP2: Special Edition recently in the Black Friday PS3 bundle.

My question: if I start playing the SE version now, will it continue where the non-SE version left off with my trophies?

I bought LBP2 when it first came out and I just got LBP2: Special Edition recently in the Black Friday PS3 bundle.

My question: if I start playing the SE version now, will it continue where the non-SE version left off with my trophies?

Yeah, should be the same exact game. It worked the same when the LBP:GOTY edition came out.

sackies2011-tmb.png

The Sackies are official awards that celebrate the highest level of achievement amongst Players, Creators and Sharers on LittleBigPlanet.
The winners of this award will be bestowed with the official Sackies Winners Pin, and their creations will go down in history as the best of the best… of 2011.

You can nominate your favourite levels of the year in several different categories by heading over to http://LBP.me, and using the Sackies widget on the level’s page.
There will be four weeks of nominations, after which we will pick the top levels in each category, and you will be able to vote to pick the winners!

So nominate the best levels of the year without delay, at LBP.me

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/news/article/nominate_your_favourite_levels_for_a_sackie_award/

Uh... Playing again after a long while and I believe Mm broke their game. In the bang for buck level (with clive), there is an option to use a sticker at the beginning which lets players use the creatinator but the problem is, it doesn't fire. I remember it used to work.

Well, there is a bug regarding emitters not being able to emit dynamic objects, but I'm unaware if it affects creatinators as well (which it might do since the creatinator is essentially an emitter).

MrPliskin

Banned
I've been wanting to do a GAF project for a while, and I got an idea. Why not do a big "level worm"? Similar to an image worm, we'd do a section, publish it, and then the next person redownloads the level, adds their content, etc. no need to be good, just a fun community project.

Both are good packs, especially the Move one since that's basically an expansion pack in gameplay and create tools.

I've been wanting to do a GAF project for a while, and I got an idea. Why not do a big "level worm"? Similar to an image worm, we'd do a section, publish it, and then the next person redownloads the level, adds their content, etc. no need to be good, just a fun community project.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I actually did something similar for the NeoGAF photoshop worm which never finished after me. :(

http://benefitdoessf.com/epikdesigns/gafworm/

Mine's the last one.

MrPliskin

Banned
Holy shit, you're like the sixth one! xD

Yeah, it was a shame it never finished. Could've been super epic.

Yea, it definitely could have been amazing! I'm thinking if we do a LBP "worm" it should be similar. It'll be narrow corridors and you'll platform your way through them. Maybe I'll make a quick "stencil" and people can just fill in the blanks. I'll use dark matter to build the sections....could be fun? We'll see, lol. I don't think the LBP GAF community is big enough, so maybe we'll just have to open it up to everyone?

Zia

Just finished playing through The Muppets level kit. Was so much fun -- design-wise it was leaps and bounds ahead of the last DLC level kit I played (Metal Gear Solid), and much more intricate and entertaining than a lot of the original LittleBigPlanet 2 levels.

The Muppets' world of fur, felt and slapstick really lends itself well to LBP's. It's all pretty cheese, but it kept the BF and I laughing. I was disappointed that Rolf was the only included costume, but otherwise I think that even if you're just purchasing it for the single-player campaign and costume instead of the creation goodies (which I fully intend to use soon!), it's totally worth it.

TripOpt55

Just played through the Muppet DLC too. It was really fun. The Attract-O-Gel is awesome. May try to mess around with it in Create mode even know I am very slow with making levels.

TripOpt55

Just aced all the levels in The Muppets and got all the trophies. They don't require getting all the bubbles for some reason. Instead of going back for them, I am going to fool around with making a (likely bad) Attract-O-Gel level. I'm sure I'll have fun making it at least. I've always wanted a run on walls type ability in this game so this is cool.

Teknoman

Yea, it definitely could have been amazing! I'm thinking if we do a LBP "worm" it should be similar. It'll be narrow corridors and you'll platform your way through them. Maybe I'll make a quick "stencil" and people can just fill in the blanks. I'll use dark matter to build the sections....could be fun? We'll see, lol. I don't think the LBP GAF community is big enough, so maybe we'll just have to open it up to everyone?

I guess just take note/survey of all the GAF creators still around and go from there?

Boss Man

How good are the Move controls on this game? Good enough for my non-gamer girlfriend to have fun? It'd be cool if the controls really fit so I could use them if she doesn't get into it though.

Emwitus

Noob question guys. PLEASE HELP. My nephews have two controllers so whenever they try to play their are always two players on screen all the time. How do you disable the second sack person? Is it impossible to play one player if you have two controllers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Noob question guys. PLEASE HELP. My nephews have two controllers so whenever they try to play their are always two players on screen all the time. How do you disable the second sack person? Is it impossible to play one player if you have two controllers.

Er-hold the PS Button on one controller->Turn off controller. Move elsewhere, the other Sackboy disappears.

And tell them not to press the PS Button on the second one just to boot the console up. Because multiple console controller sync-ups shouldn't happen unless they're both playing at the same time.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Time to bring this thread back to life for a few hours. An excellent level was just published and you should all give it a go.

Craftworld Aleste by Stellakris

As the name suggests it's an homage to the Aleste games. He spent about one and half years on this level. Looks to me like time well spent!
http://lbp.me/v/7wkp0h

I'm interested. I bet I have a about 6 sandwiches worth of updates to eat through when I pop in the LBP2 disk.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I was wondering, are there any good sword-focused action levels in the community? I'm thinking of gameplay the likes of old school Ninja Gaiden and Strider.

I've seen a few attempts here and there, but honestly the results have been largely underwhelming. I suspect I've just been looking in the wrong places, though.

Any recommendations?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG, LTTP but the final boss of the cross-controller pack. AMAZING.
I wasn't expecting the cut-scene in off-TV. Do the TV players if playing more than 1 see that cut-scene or are they busy dodging projectiles still to ace the level?

I didn't really like "Sack-thing" though. It's "Sack-boy" :/

So I'm 21 and looking at 9.99 games to get on PSN...and unusually I find myself drawn to LittleBigPlanet 2. I had played the first a bit with my younger bro, but the sequel looks really cool with the new tools, endless user content, and physics based platforming. But it seems mainly focused towards younger kids.

It does seem weird to be over 20 and be interested in that game. Is that unusual or is there an older appeal for LBP?

Slermy

LittleBigPlanet is appealing to all ages.

I'm in my 30s and like it quite a bit, and have other friends that do as well.

Top Bottom