• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Untracked said:
That Move functionality looks great.

I'm wondering if I can make it work with my AC-130 levels or if it will work automatically? I don't use R2 for anything...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NnvWCexFWU

I'm tempted to pick up a Move just for LBP now.

It should work automatically. Going by the prompts at the bottom all the Controlinator inputs you are using are accessible by Move players. They will just need to understand that R1 = Move Trigger.

Untracked

TTP said:
It should work automatically. Going by the prompts at the bottom all the Controlinator inputs you are using are accessible by Move players. They will just need to understand that R1 = Move Trigger.
That's great, thanks! I'm gonna have to get a Move and try it out.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
er... video set to private for NDA.

Sorry guys, assumed it was lifted.

Will free it from privacy when allowed, hopefully soon and hopefully with the other 2 parts ready to go along with it.

Ranger X

TTP said:
Official PS Blog post about the LBP2 Move Pack

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-move-even-endless-er-possibilities/

Once you are done reading that and got all pumped up, think about this: it's even better than it sounds. iWaggle3D video coming soon (next week).

Oh, btw, you can play the whole game with the Move. It's not limited to the Move levels. All controls are mapped on the Move/Navi combo. You can even slap other sackboys by slapping the Move. Feels much better than doing it with the stick :D

As usual, they don't answer the main question I have:

If I enter the level of someone where there's move stuff to do in order to proceed, what happens? I mean, what happens if I don't have move? I'm stuck? Can't enter the level to begin with? Can I use the move stuff with the normal controller?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ranger X said:

If I enter the level of someone where there's move stuff to do in order to proceed, what happens? I mean, what happens if I don't have move? I'm stuck? Can't enter the level to begin with? Can I use the move stuff with the normal controller?

- Move levels are indicated with a Move icon (just like the LBP1 levels are with a specific icon)

- When entering a Move level with just a DS3 you get a warning. You can still try and play them, but of course won't be able to do stuff that only Move can do (pointing dynamics, etc) and will eventually need to bail out. That is unless the creator put the Movinator in it but didn't use any of its Move related functions.

- You can't use Move stuff with a normal controller because a normal controller Move is not ;) But if you mean the tools, yes, you can use them to create even if you don't have a Move, but how do you create Move stuff "blindly" without a Move to your side to check thing work as intended?

Ranger X said:

New Update let you pick if the creator wants to stop someone from playing your level if don't have one, as well as player limits aka 1 player only and so on

^^; hope I dont get slap for this lol

So it here at last lol

5901537090_be08359dbe.jpg

5901536894_64f88d46bc.jpg

it was going to be more but it some what fall apart

PSblog

Exciting news for all you Sackfans out there – over the next two months we’ve got some pretty darn cool LittleBigPlanet 2 DLC packs heading your way. I’m sure you’ve noticed the title of this post, so let’s not delay any further – from the depths of Midgar, I’m delighted to unveil… the FINAL FANTASY VII costume pack!

Coming to PlayStation Store on July 13th, these costumes will let you re-live the struggle of Cloud, Aeris and the rest of AVALANCHE against Shinra, from of the most iconic and critically acclaimed video games of all time.
Exciting stuff – but that’s not all. I’m sure lots of you have been enjoying the continuing adventures of Cole McGrath in inFamous 2. Those adventures can now continue even further thanks to the inFamous 2 minipack. Released this week, and priced at €2.99 / £2.39, it contains costumes for Good Cole and Bad Cole, as well as a whole host of new stickers. Being a hero is optional in inFamous 2, so this will give you a chance to show your true colours!

On 20th July, the Killzone 3 mini-pack will be released – containing Rico and Hazmat Trooper costumes, and new stickers – I’ve raved about the coolness of the Hazmat Trooper costume in the past, so now you’ll be able to enjoy it for yourself . Like the inFamous 2 minipack, it’ll be priced at €2.99 / £2.39.
The next releases to mark on your calendars soon will be the Toy Story packs that were unveiled at E3 this year. With THREE new costume packs, containing all of your favourite characters, plus a level pack containing brand new Toy Story themed levels to play through, these packs are sure to keep you entertained until the release of the Move pack at the end of the summer. Stay tuned for more details (and pics!) soon.
That’s it for now, folks – enjoy the downloadable goodness!
Oh, just one more thing…
Sephiroth…!
Bom-bom bom-bom… SEPHIROTH!

Don’t worry, he hasn’t been forgotten – the awesome Sephiroth costume will also be released on July 13th. I won’t tease you all anymore – here’s the full range of Final Fantasy VII content that is coming your way…
€1.99 / £1.59 each:
Sephiroth costume
Cloud costume
Aeris costume
Tifa costume
€5.99 / £4.79:
Final Fantasy Costume Pack (contains Sephiroth, Cloud, Aeris, Tifa and bonus Vincent costume)

Heh, Spaff showed me those at E3 when no one was looking. There definitely was going to be a lot more, but like that one Grin interview about SE, working with them is truly a pain.

Wow, they finally managed to come up with a Costume Pack I'd be less interested in than the Heavy Rain one...

I can say however that this is the only thing that's ever made me remotely interested in getting the Move.

MrPliskin said:
Is there any idea when this Move Pack will be made available? I'm assuming late summer, this month seems out of the question.
Officially it's fall, but Jack Tretton @ the E3 conference did say September.

Teknoman

donkey show said:
Heh, Spaff showed me those at E3 when no one was looking. There definitely was going to be a lot more, but like that one Grin interview about SE, working with them is truly a pain.

Too bad Capcom wont follow with a Resident Evil Sackboy costume/level/sticker set.

Teknoman

How do you limit level searches to LBP2 only?

Also I know its getting old, but any music creators out there willing to create orginal tracks for certain genre types (Survival Horror, Platforming, etc.)?

Also font makers needed.

EDIT: Whoo found an awesome music collection stage (with some really accurate themes) and a font library.

This game needs weapons.

I've wanted to make a sidescrolling action hack-and-slash series of levels since LBP1, I put it on hold in hopes they'd put weapons into LBP2 but no such luck. It doesn't look like it'd be coming anytime soon anyways; with the Move pack shortly, followed by the Toy Story one and who knows what else.

I want a sword & shield, a big hammer or axe, bow & arrows, and maybe even a mage's staff that works like the creatinator. They would all have their own animations and 2 attacks (standard and charge attack).

The only way I could see them working with the current control scheme is to make them powerups and to put Attack on R2 and Block on L2 -- reason being that Sackboy holds the Paintinator and Grappling Hook in his left hand -- and I say R2 instead of R1 because you should still be able to grab when holding a weapon. So, tapping R2 would do the normal attacks and holding/releasing would do the charge attack; holding L2 would block.

Dedicated weapons with universal animations and hitboxes would be infinitely better than what we can create now.

Thrakier

RyanardoDaVinci said:
This game needs weapons.

I've wanted to make a sidescrolling action hack-and-slash series of levels since LBP1, I put it on hold in hopes they'd put weapons into LBP2 but no such luck. It doesn't look like it'd be coming anytime soon anyways; with the Move pack shortly, followed by the Toy Story one and who knows what else.

I want a sword & shield, a big hammer or axe, bow & arrows, and maybe even a mage's staff that works like the creatinator. They would all have their own animations and 2 attacks (standard and charge attack).

The only way I could see them working with the current control scheme is to make them powerups and to put Attack on R2 and Block on L2 -- reason being that Sackboy holds the Paintinator and Grappling Hook in his left hand -- and I say R2 instead of R1 because you should still be able to grab when holding a weapon. So, tapping R2 would do the normal attacks and holding/releasing would do the charge attack; holding L2 would block.

Dedicated weapons with universal animations and hitboxes would be infinitely better than what we can create now.

This game needs fun mechanics. I stopped playing 2 like I stopped playing 1. It doesn't feel like a game, it feels more like some sort of "virtual museum".

Himself

Whoa! I'm going to add that Driller level to my queue.

Has anyone here made or come across any examples of people actually making "full" games on this yet? With either connecting levels, or an RPG-esque storyline that spans multiple levels?

I've played some great individual levels, but the only multiple level "game" I think I've played was Hansel and Gretelbot.

PSN back now on LBP.me http://lbp.me/v/3r68p4

Himself said:
Whoa! I'm going to add that Driller level to my queue.

Has anyone here made or come across any examples of people actually making "full" games on this yet? With either connecting levels, or an RPG-esque storyline that spans multiple levels?

I've played some great individual levels, but the only multiple level "game" I think I've played was Hansel and Gretelbot.

yeah working on one but it take alot of time on your own, Hansel and Gretelbot had alot working on it and some of the best

BlewHedgehog said:
Is there a resource online that you can use to identify which prize bubbles you're missing in story mode? When you pull up info on the level select screen, it just displays an empty slot for items you haven't found yet. Finding the missing bubbles would be a whole lot easier if I could just have the name of the stuff I don't have.

http://wiki.lbpcentral.com/Story_Levels_(LBP2) ?

anyway new LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 64 its alittle one this week

PS3

Ultimate Volleyball by Holguin86
(PLCC1) - BLOCKS [1 PLAYER ONLY] by SlurmMacKenzie
Act 1-1: Mt Kalan (1P Only) by Alley_Cat_8633
Act 1-3: Feeding Frenzy (1P Only) by Alley_Cat_8633
Space Assassins 2 by Ungreth
Warfare of Secrecy: Episode I [1P] by RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo
The mutiny by Mick_Leopard
Tiki Trail by Jayhawk_er
CD Racer [1P] by MikLSP
The Knights: The Lost Hero by Alic44

PSP

The Space Temples of Ra'Awu by NightAngel32
Intermediate Logic Pack by Ricky-III

041b5b1f6b6c782a95e3de160464e1a8b1156ec6.png

Music Gallery

It's a bunch of music I made during the beta but didn't publish until now for some reason.

If you check out the level in game, you'll see my GAFman emblazoned planet. :p

----

Oh, yeah -- looks like the Toy Story stuff is coming soon; voices for Woody, Buzz, Zerg, and others can be found in the magic mouth settings.

- 9 Brand new Toy Story themed Levels (2 cutscenes, 5 levels and 2 mini-levels)
- 2 New music tracks
- 1 new interactive music track
- A New level background
- 5 Materials
- 10 Decorations
- 6 Objects
- 149 Stickers
- The Toy Story Alien Costume

Yes, Mm, we really need 150 stickers.

Priority should be Materials > Decorations > Objects > Stickers.

Teknoman

RyanardoDaVinci said:
- 9 Brand new Toy Story themed Levels (2 cutscenes, 5 levels and 2 mini-levels)
- 2 New music tracks
- 1 new interactive music track
- A New level background
- 5 Materials
- 10 Decorations
- 6 Objects
- 149 Stickers
- The Toy Story Alien Costume

Yes, Mm, we really need 150 stickers.

Priority should be Materials > Decorations > Objects > Stickers.

Slermy said:
What about music?

Music should be high priority as well. The music sequencer is nice and all, but its not for everyone...and even then sometimes the premade stuff fits your idea better than something you could create/make a cover of.

Soundtrack is very important when it comes to making a great game, no matter how its made.

wouwie

Is the Toy Story level pack worth buying considering i'm only interested in playing it and not for the create stuff that comes with it (materials, music, stickers and such)?

LittleBigPlanet 2 Move DLC Trophy List

Avid Collector
Collect 100% of the LittleBigPlanet™2: Move Pack prize bubbles.

Ace In The Pack
Ace all the Story levels in the LittleBigPlanet™2: Move Pack.

Accomplished Mover
Complete 25 community levels that require the Motion Controller.

Diploma In Creation
Complete all the tutorials in the LittleBigPlanet™2: Move Pack.

Locksmith
Unlock all the LittleBigPlanet™2: Move Pack minigames.

Feel The Earth Move
Publish a Motion Controller enabled level to the Earth.

Stick It To The Man
Destroy the boss in Just Desserts.

On The Ball
Complete The Tail Of Claude The Field Mouse without dropping a ball.

On A Roll
Complete Fast Food without losing a ball.

Self Portrait
Use a painting as your avatar.

Path To Success
Use the Motion Recorder to record your movements.

abit boring if you ask me

cakefoo

For painting, is it going to be decals? And can you use the sphere position, or is it going to be pointer-based (less accurate)?

Top Bottom