• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

New Tool - Move Paint

This is a big one!
Move Paint will allow you to create your own custom stickers using the PlayStation Move!
There's an assortment of brush types and a wide colour palette available whilst painting.

These Stickers will also have transparent backgrounds, so you're no longer restricted to the same old rectangular custom stickers! Additionally you can paste in other Stickers during your creation and edit them accordingly.

This Tool can infact be used during Create Mode and Single Player Play Mode.
Whoh, this is exactly what I needed.

I don't think I have the time to make a LBP2 level but I"ll love to play with this.

Miutsu

Miutsu said:
Hi Sack-GAF :)

I havent posted in this thread yet because I havent been able to play much of the online levels and try the recomended levels here, but i have a request to make:

Im doing a little "presentation" for my french course and I was thinking about doing it as a LBP2 level/movie while I (and two other friends) do the talking.

Now, I dont really have a way to take my ps3 there or anything to play the level in front of the others, but I can show videos there. So my request is if once I finish the "level" (i dont have any skills so its gonna be pretty simple) someone can record it for me and upload it somewhere or youtube.

The presentation is for Saturday and im going to try and finish it today or tomorrow, if someone can help me it would be very appreciated, thanks!

Eh, nevermind about this, I could not wrap my head around how to do some basic things (movie cameras + sackbots) :/ I think im dropping of this idea and may come up with something else

Spaff (the MM Community Manager) and myself recorded a couple vids @ E3 today showcasing some of the stuff you will find in the Move DLC, with some create mode stuff of the new tools. It should be up pretty soon. =)

Teknoman

Are the new music instruments going to be in the move dlc? Not using move atm, so kinda hoping thats something seperate/in a patch.

Ranger X

Wow, there's way to many awesome stuff that isn't move related in this pack. Like the sticker tool, that new material ,etc.

Will this be offered in DLC too? Why should I buy a move for that? And how does this not divide the community?

I don't want to miss those movement unrelated things and I don't want to buy a Move...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
donkey show said:
Spaff (the MM Community Manager) and myself recorded a couple vids @ E3 today showcasing some of the stuff you will find in the Move DLC, with some create mode stuff of the new tools. It should be up pretty soon. =)

On Youtube?

TTP said:
On Youtube?
Yup, on youtube. The mic from my camera didn't pick up our voices very well at certain points and the screen was pretty saturated so it might take awhile to edit and put in subtitles.

And as for Ranger's questions... you're going to have to field those to Spaff. All I can really say is just trust in Mm. ^^

donkey show said:

Big DLC you best make a new thread been waiting for some vids, ^^ cant wait to see your and Spaff drawings skills

ShogunX

Does this game have known issues with voice chat? Played Killzone 3, Resistance 2 and Dead Nation co-op with no problems with the official wireless mic but on this game our chat turns into a bit of a mess. Echoes, crackling and bad background noise all seem to be a feature of LBP2 only so far.

Edit New DLC is for Move only? Bad times! Really cant justify purchasing move especially after E3.

Himself

I'm pretty excited for this, and it almost makes me want to break my "don't buy any DLC" policy. Sounds awesome. My questions:
How much?
Do you need to purchase the DLC to access the community levels that utilize it?

community_spotlight.png

LBPC Spotlight Episode 61

PS3

The Gundam Wing Project - Survival Training v1.1 (1P) by gevurah22
€lysian Feilds by K3NDRAKRAY
STAR WARS: A New Hope: Chapter Two: err...Etc! (1P Only) by julesyjules
Pixel Boy (1player) by jump_button
Midnight Blossom (1 Player) by XTrophx
Act 2-1: Groves of Gadaron by Alley_Cat_8633
Act 2-3: Pyre Crisis by Alley_Cat_8633
Attack of the ⓝⓔⓡⓓ [Nasty Evil Robotic Defense] System: Intro by DaSpoony
Galactic Grappler by pj15
Music movie: Britain's Got Talent entry by Shifty_Geezer
Flame-Broiled Fury - 1 Player by Foofles
SackTracking! [PART 1] by Mnniska
Trouble Within Part 2 Act 1- More Iron In His Diet by Arastoph
Honey Factory Fiasco: None of Your Bees Nest by SX_Shookie99
Metallic industries inc. by Xx_Mr_Orange_xX
Colour your dreams 3 by soarecucolti
Panzer Arcade (Top Down Tank Shooter) by Chewbacca815
The Fist of Craft Earth by gevurah22
Sackeratinator 3000 by Blastroid
Missile Works (1-Player) by Holguin86
[Beta]The Ancient Trials of New Beh'Ta by Luos_83

PSP

Shards by DizzyZebra
Timber Run by VelcroJonze

Slermy

Whatever happened to that YouTube uploading functionality that they were going to patch into the original LittleBigPlanet? Was that just a rumor? I see more and more games supporting this and LittleBigPlanet seems perfect for such functionality.

cakefoo

Is it too late to suggest its own thread for the Move info? I didn't know about it until I went to iWaggle3D a few minutes ago.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Official PS Blog post about the LBP2 Move Pack

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-move-even-endless-er-possibilities/

Once you are done reading that and got all pumped up, think about this: it's even better than it sounds. iWaggle3D video coming soon (next week).

Oh, btw, you can play the whole game with the Move. It's not limited to the Move levels. All controls are mapped on the Move/Navi combo. You can even slap other sackboys by slapping the Move. Feels much better than doing it with the stick :D

spats

TTP said:
Official PS Blog post about the LBP2 Move Pack

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-move-even-endless-er-possibilities/

Once you are done reading that and got all pumped up, think about this: it's even better than it sounds. iWaggle3D video coming soon (next week).

Oh, btw, you can play the whole game with the Move. It's not limited to the Move levels. All controls are mapped on the Move/Navi combo. You can even slap other sackboys by slapping the Move. Feels much better than doing it with the stick :D

No wonder they took so long to patch in the Move stuff. So happy MM didn't half ass it.

community_spotlight.png

LBPC Spotlight Episode 62

PS3

Switcheroo by Nick930930
(LBPC1) Wu Tsung Sky by SLS10
The Celestial City - The Outskirts by bonner123
Frootaloot: A Strategic Matching Game by Oompah
Sunset Plateau by Jdsfrog
BloodStone Saga: PART 1 by Elvenbane
Gaia - Part 1 by fluxlasers
LBR-01 Russias Greatest Three & The EVIL Kleptomaniac Puppeat! 1 by LordMagicPants
Shady Functions by Luos_83
Jet Strike by Jayhawk_er
The Heist: Preparations by Frozen50
(Containment) by nightshade94123
Neon Facility (LBPC1) by Holguin86
[Beta][1P game] Lockpick's Maze by Luos_83
Life by GHudstonUK
Brainwash TV (Level 1. Intro) by poms
Divine Nature by tawarf
Star Wars: Jedi Arts - Lightsaber Duels by Sehven
Madness is an option by Stinkinmushroom
Monster Pinball 2 by smasher1116789

PSP

1A The Platformeranians by The Hoarder
Operation Sackernaut by Silver39
Steam by nysudyrgh
Wooden Isles. by valmassoi

Ranger X

All I want to know is something NOBODY is talking about:

If there's X level made so it uses the move specific stuff, what happens if I don't have move? I download and start playing a level to suddendly get stuck? Move levels will be detected and will not be displayed in the game of someone playing without it? Or maybe it will be possible to move stuff around with joysticks when you don't have the move?

I am extremely curious of this because Media Molecule NEVER EVER divided the community by adding something in the game ... and I fear it's the start.

Man, I need to make a level. I think about it at work but am too busy or tired when I'm home. I should just do it. The new tools of lbp2 intimidate me though.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The Move-update looks intresting, might have to get a Move. But how to buy one without the gf finding out? (She claimed she would throw it out if she ever caught me buying one.)

Started building a little again. Built a prototype level of an idea I had a while back. Hopefully I can muster the inspiration needed to finish it.

kinoki said:
The Move-update looks intresting, might have to get a Move. But how to buy one without the gf finding out? (She claimed she would throw it out if she ever caught me buying one.)

Started building a little again. Built a prototype level of an idea I had a while back. Hopefully I can muster the inspiration needed to finish it.
she won't let you own a dildo? dump her bro.

Sorc3r3r

TTP said:

YES, that's all i need to know.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Thrakier said:

We saw one in a store and I said I was thinking of getting it. She stopped, turned around, had a serious look at me and said: "If you bring that piece of plastic into our home I'll either throw it out or move." (No pun, since I'm translating. But it is ironic.)

Move levels that require the use of the Movinator will have a badge similar to how a Versus and Movie level are differentiated now. If you don't have a move and still decide to enter those types of levels, you will be prompted with a message telling you that the Move is necessary to continue.

And sorry about not getting those Move vids up from E3 yet. :(

wouwie

I got the "2500 minutes of actively playing community levels" pin yesterday. Add to this a considerable amount of time in the single player story and a bit of creating, and i'd say this game was money well spent. I see myself checking out new levels for a long time to come. Once you know where to look, the community levels are mostly great fun.

When i played LBP1, i liked it a lot but gave up on the community levels due to poor searching tools. LBP2 was the game i really fell in love with and it's going to rank high in my GOTY list. I just adore the world MM created and the whole community creation side is a stroke of genius.

I was a bit sad to read MM is going to focus on something non-LBP related in the near future. I hope this will not be the end of this wonderful and creative, joyful and happy franchise.

Thank you Media Molecule for making this great game.

T-0800

I haven't played LBP2 for a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone has made any good games yet? Plenty of good 'tech' demos but is there anything out that goes beyond 'oh cool'?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
Hey TTP, when can we expect an iWaggle video of the Move pack? :)

Just published the first of a three parts analysis ;)

LBP2+Move+Pack.png

http://youtu.be/8hIgPZxzsV4

Enjoy! (And be sure to check the other two parts when they go live in the upcoming days! I have so much more to show you! - Will post a memo here of course).

Any questions? Fire away!

PS: Holy Shit @ jump_button upcoming level. Looks phenomenal.

BeeDog

Nice! Just watched the entire video, good stuff. Though I can't understand why Mm would allow creators to map stuff to the R2 button when a Move setup doesn't allow for it; I mean, if you're creating a Move-specific level, then you shouldn't have to care for non-Move users, right? Seems they need to completely prohibit the use of that button then.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
Nice! Just watched the entire video, good stuff. Though I can't understand why Mm would allow creators to map stuff to the R2 button when a Move setup doesn't allow for it; I mean, if you're creating a Move-specific level, then you shouldn't have to care for non-Move users, right? Seems they need to completely prohibit the use of that button then.

Of course there is no problem if you are making a Move level, but since you can apparently play the whole game with the Move (be it a Move level or not) if you happen to visit user level that makes use of the Controlinator instead of the Movinator, the lack of a R2 surrogate on the Move could be a problem if the user level uses that button.

Not a big deal tho as user levels with R2 usage are rare.

As for how to fix this, theoretically they could make it so that the main Move button behaves as R2 (Trigger being R1). But to do that they would need to make X the only jump button. As it is now, you can jump with either X or Move button, even if they are separate inputs on the Movinator.

So basically if you are a DS3 user and want you level to be fully compatible with the Move just like the main game apparently is, be sure not to use R2 (nor the Sixaxis sensor).

jump_button said:
is that from the beta?
Yep.

BeeDog

TTP said:
Of course there is no problem if you are making a Move level, but since you can apparently play the whole game with the Move (be it a Move level or not) if you happen to visit user level that makes use of the Controlinator instead of the Movinator, the lack of a R2 surrogate on the Move could be a problem if the user level uses that button.

Not a big deal tho as user levels with R2 usage are rare.

As for how to fix this, theoretically they could make it so that the main Move button behaves as R2 (Trigger being R1). But to do that they would need to make X the only jump button. As it is now, you can jump with either X or Move button, even if they are separate inputs on the Movinator.

So basically if you are a DS3 user and want you level to be fully compatible with the Move just like the main game apparently is, be sure not to use R2 (nor the Sixaxis sensor).

Yep.

Alright. Maybe Mm should allow the creators to add some disclaimer before the level is started that mentions the level is using R2 and/or SixAxis and thus may not be fully compatible with a Move setup.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
Alright. Maybe Mm should allow the creators to add some disclaimer before the level is started that mentions the level is using R2 and/or SixAxis and thus may not be fully compatible with a Move setup.

They will probably do. There is one already for the opposite scenario. When entering a Movinator level with just a DS3 it warns you.

It's automatic disclaimer. No need for the creator to do anything by the way. Just like when entering a vs level alone.

Top Bottom