• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Can you back up to a usb stick? Can you not upload your save to the cloud under ANY circumstances, even if you have enough space?

Yes you can back up to a USB stick, that's what I'm going to do now.

And as far as I know you can upload to the cloud if you have enough space, I just wouldn't be surprised if most people don't since I think it's limited to 1 GB.

:(

This really hurts because you can't upload the profile to the cloud since it's so large (500 MB).

I think what I'm going to do is do a manual backup of my profile and adventure save after each time I play. Just in case

I might have to start. But man, I'm super afraid of losing my shit again.

This actually happened to me once in lbp1 (well not adventure progress, but all my data (any and all creations) were deleted. I actually just didn't care and started from scratch. I tend to make stuff better the second time through anyway.

I really don't want to replay the shit I just played plus my shitty-yet-time-consuming level.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
500MB save - really?

Sony really need to lift the online storage restriction. We should be able to store a save from all the games that we buy - both the PS+ sub and the license fee per title should be plenty to expand that.

500MB save - really?

Sony really need to lift the online storage restriction. We should be able to store a save from all the games that we buy - both the PS+ sub and the license fee per title should be plenty to expand that.

Yup. I already had to clear out space even before LBP. My PS3 saves alone take up over half my cloud space, and the PS4 saves are even larger

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just finished it up, and yes this is easily the shortest of the games I've played, definitely a little disappointed in that. That being said it was a fun ride, the level design was UNBELIEVABLE. The level with multiple characters were so great, I have no idea why it ends so quickly after you get your characters. I guess it's up to the players now to make us some great levels :(. I know this was a port from a ps3 game, but I'm really hoping we get a next gen only ps4 LBP, I'm nervous about sales numbers :(.

Mailbox

I really don't want to replay the shit I just played plus my shitty-yet-time-consuming level.

Completely understand. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise, sorry if it seemed that way.

So I've been debating getting this on PS3 now, or wait and get a ps4+this later.

Should I wait, lbp-gaf?

Just finished it up, and yes this is easily the shortest of the games I've played, definitely a little disappointed in that. That being said it was a fun ride, the level design was UNBELIEVABLE. The level with multiple characters were so great, I have no idea why it ends so quickly after you get your characters. I guess it's up to the players now to make us some great levels :(. I know this was a port from a ps3 game, but I'm really hoping we get a next gen only ps4 LBP, I'm nervous about sales numbers :(.

The story has always been a very brief engagement. It's fun, but the real meat is from what people create.

Honestly, I've found some great levels just browsing top picks and top played. Even the Newest picks are great, in a hilariously bad sorta way.

(The worst level I ever played was this guy putting his love interest in the game via a Sackboy..er, Sackgirl and he confesses after saying shit like I KNOW YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME BUT PLEASE CONSIDER MY FEELINGS. I wish I could find it.)

Completely understand. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise, sorry if it seemed that way.

So I've been debating getting this on PS3 now, or wait and get a ps4+this later.

Should I wait, lbp-gaf?

Oh no issue.

Honestly just wait if you plan to possibly get the PS4. By that time it'll be cheaper, plus it runs better and the bugs will be fixed.

Should I wait, lbp-gaf?

If you can wait, I would wait. The game looks wonderful on PS4 and there's some PS4 specific features (detailed in the OP).

(The worst level I ever played was this guy putting his love interest in the game via a Sackboy..er, Sackgirl and he confesses after saying shit like I KNOW YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME BUT PLEASE CONSIDER MY FEELINGS. I wish I could find it.)

holy shit lol. amazing

Rated-G

So is there a definitive answer on what we need to have done in LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2 to get all of the items transferred to our profile?

I have the platinum for LittleBigPlanet 1, but still haven't gotten it in 2 (stupid Ace in Spades) .... I had beaten the story for 2 and collected all prize bubbles. Had yet to Ace all the levels though. This was BEFORE my first PS3 died (and also before PSPlus cloud backups), so I had lost all of my data for the first two games except for my uploaded levels. I am at the final boss of LittleBigPlanet 2, but I'm not sure what my progress is for LittleBigPlanet 1 is at.

So my question is, do I need to essentially re-ace and collect all prize bubbles for LittleBigPlanet 1, and complete the Platinum for 2 in order to get all of the items into LittleBigPlanet 3? If I just complete the story will I still get all of the items? Or does LittleBigPlanet 3 just check that I do, in fact, have a profile for both of those games and grant me all the items anyway? I've already imported my LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 profiles into 3, but I'm not sure if I received all of the items I can. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone ever get the DLC code for the Toggle Costume from the Run Sackboy Run App to work yet?

I'm still trying to get it to work myself, I also haven't been able to get the shirt in LittleBigPlanet 3, it worked for 2, Karting, and Vita, but I'm not seeing it in 3 at all. I'm also seeing that the One Size Fits All launch shirt is available for free in the in game store for LittleBigPlanet 3 but it's not letting me download it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yup. I already had to clear out space even before LBP. My PS3 saves alone take up over half my cloud space, and the PS4 saves are even larger

You get 1GB for each. But yeah I was close to 1GB on PS4 and we're not that long since launch. Might have to back up older game saves to USB and then delete them from online

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So is there a definitive answer on what we need to have done in LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2 to get all of the items transferred to our profile?

I have the platinum for LittleBigPlanet 1, but still haven't gotten it in 2 (stupid Ace in Spades) .... I had beaten the story for 2 and collected all prize bubbles. Had yet to Ace all the levels though. This was BEFORE my first PS3 died (and also before PSPlus cloud backups), so I had lost all of my data for the first two games except for my uploaded levels. I am at the final boss of LittleBigPlanet 2, but I'm not sure what my progress is for LittleBigPlanet 1 is at.

So my question is, do I need to essentially re-ace and collect all prize bubbles for LittleBigPlanet 1, and complete the Platinum for 2 in order to get all of the items into LittleBigPlanet 3? If I just complete the story will I still get all of the items? Or does LittleBigPlanet 3 just check that I do, in fact, have a profile for both of those games and grant me all the items anyway? I've already imported my LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 profiles into 3, but I'm not sure if I received all of the items I can. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still trying to get it to work myself, I also haven't been able to get the shirt in LittleBigPlanet 3, it worked for 2, Karting, and Vita, but I'm not seeing it in 3 at all. I'm also seeing that the One Size Fits All launch shirt is available for free in the in game store for LittleBigPlanet 3 but it's not letting me download it.

Just have played LBP1 is enough. For LBP2 you just need to have completed all the story levels

Yeah...there's definitely a lot of issues with how they are handling the DLC for this game. IMO they should have just waited to make sure all the kinks were ironed out before letting people re-download all of their older stuff.

Just remember it is a marathon and not a Sprint. Also 1-2 million in sales lifetime for this should be more than enough to be deemed a success. Much of the engine was already in place so dev costs were likely low. Even the first game didn't have a big budget. Also there is a bundle including it for black Friday. It will do fine. I too would like to see a PS4 only version at some point. Maybe in 2017. Franchise could use some rest for now.

Mailbox

Oh no issue.

Honestly just wait if you plan to possibly get the PS4. By that time it'll be cheaper, plus it runs better and the bugs will be fixed.

If you can wait, I would wait. The game looks wonderful on PS4 and there's some PS4 specific features (detailed in the OP).

Alright. I'll wait :)
Honestly, considering the crazy amount of time I've spend on lbp/lbp2 I actually started to feel a bit blargy when looking at the game. I got a similar feeling when looking at the PS3 version of lbp3, but when I saw footage of the ps4 version I didn't get that. It's probably the resolution and texture difference.

Rated-G

Just have played LBP1 is enough. For LBP2 you just need to have completed all the story levels

Okay, awesome. Sounds like I just need to beat the Negativitron and I'm all set. Thank you!

Yeah...there's definitely a lot of issues with how they are handling the DLC for this game. IMO they should have just waited to make sure all the kinks were ironed out before letting people re-download all of their older stuff.

Yeah, I'm also noticing some of the stuff I own isn't showing up as "Free" for redownload, specifically the Heavenly Sword and God of War stuff, and for some reason DC Costume Pack 4, I'd bought the bundle that included all of the DC stuff pretty recently, and was able to redownload all of the content except that pack for some reason. I've also noticed this issue with Minecraft DLC as well, I have all the content for that game, but some of it isn't showing as owned or Free for redownload on the PS4. Some of it is actually installed too... it's really confusing and inconsistent messaging on Sony's part.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The story has always been a very brief engagement. It's fun, but the real meat is from what people create.

Honestly, I've found some great levels just browsing top picks and top played. Even the Newest picks are great, in a hilariously bad sorta way.

Oh no issue.

They're not nearly this brief, again I've played both (plus the vita one and the psp one, and karting), the length of the core story on the other ones were close to double this, hell they might even be a little more than double.

Just remember it is a marathon and not a Sprint. Also 1-2 million in sales lifetime for this should be more than enough to be deemed a success. Much of the engine was already in place so dev costs were likely low. Even the first game didn't have a big budget. Also there is a bundle including it for black Friday. It will do fine. I too would like to see a PS4 only version at some point. Maybe in 2017. Franchise could use some rest for now.

I'm just nervous it deserves a great reception you can feel the love pouring off of it. The music selection, the art, the design, everything. I'm nervous about small things though, I was ranked 129 on the final level and I sort of just played to beat it not going for a high score, and it only has 3.7k likes.

eliza0224

I'm doing the story with another player and only the host gets the level completion. The other player gets to keep the stickers, but it doesn't register that you completed the level. We tried switching host and the same thing happens.

It sucks that one of us has to play the levels all over again. I mean, obviously we'll play them again, but not like this!

I'm doing the story with another player and only the host gets the level completion. The other player gets to keep the stickers, but it doesn't register that you completed the level. We tried switching host and the same thing happens.

It sucks that one of us has to play the levels all over again. I mean, obviously we'll play them again, but not like this!

Interesting. How did it work in previous games? I don't recall

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh btw in terms of trophy hunting does it mark the level if you did it co-op? I haven't even checked. I played for about 3 hours with 2 of friends last night. Also that was couch co-op does that count towards the troph?

The Lamp

Why is almost none of the dlc working properly in this game? Almost none of the dlc I bought in lbp2 or lbp1 shows up as purchased or downloaded. I can't find where to get the week 1 dlc and I can't access any of my week 1 dlc even after redeeming it on the store.

fernoca

Yep. Hopefully donkey (at least) or the MVPs around here can get in contact with the PS Store team and find a solution for the DLC problem.

It seems to be affecting the Vita game too, which makes me guess that there's an error with the tag or whatever of the purchases. Which is causing some to appear with a price even when you own it (DC Universe, Heavenly Sword), others that are recognized as purchased but are not in the servers (God of War, Locoroco). And in the case of the Vita, no matter what a good chunk downloads but doesn't show in-game.

Why is almost none of the dlc working properly in this game? Almost none of the dlc I bought in lbp2 or lbp1 shows up as purchased or downloaded. I can't find where to get the week 1 dlc and I can't access any of my week 1 dlc even after redeeming it on the store.
Go to the Store and check if this are marked as Free, then purchase them:
-Dragon Age Inquisition (the one with the 4 characters only)
-Infamous Second Son Delsin
-The Last of Us Ellie
-Killzone Helghast
-Uncharted Nathan
Nothing will download after the purchase. You just go to the game and change costumes.

Not every DLC works at the moment, so don't panic! :p

EDIT:
It also seems there are issues with the DLC in general, since even LBP Vita is not recognizing costumes I have. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

we'll chalk this up because of Sony.

The Lamp

I noticed a couple of bizarre bugs.

The cutscene right before Even Bosses Wear Hats Sometimes has Toggle wearing the cheerleader costume, which I never equipped him with so it was kind of funny/bizarre to see him wear that in the cutscene.

Also, when I switch to mini Toggle in the level Even Bosses Wear Hats Sometimes, he disappears. He's still there and he comes back if I switch to large Toggle, but as mini Toggle he's not there.

Edit: Now it's bugging to where if I switch to mini Toggle, it shows Sackboy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Teknoman

Dunno if this is just a thing with the digital version, but when switching backgrounds for created levels, it seems like it takes much longer than normal to load all assets.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Has anyone been able to successfully import all of the LBP2 costume/create-stuff data? I've beaten, aced, and looted every single level in that game, and it's all saved on my profile, but I was awarded only a portion of the content when I imported to LBP3.

wouwie

I don't understand at all why they don't make the story levels of LBP1&2 playable in LBP3. With the campaign apparently being considerably shorter (according to players), offering the older story levels would have been a smart idea and a great bonus. Rayman Legends offered the best Origin levels within the new Legends engine and it was great to replay those levels. Seriously, how much time would it take to do this if 8 million user levels are compatible? It doesn't make any sense to me. I'd really like to learn the reasoning behind this decision so hopefully one of the LBP 3 developers posting here can shed some light on this.

Anyway, i'm about to pre-order the game.

Is the Bear With Us level bugged?

I'm not touching the score bubbles but the dude at the end keeps saying I have.

And how do you get the Dragon Age costumes from Gamestop -- I didn't get any voucher, is it on the receipt?

The Lamp

When I try to load the brand new section of the lbp store in game, it loads and won't stop loading. Can't pause, can't undo, just stuck there.

Maybe the reviews were right. This game is really fun and has a lot of content, but the bugs are annoying. Not game breaking, just completely annoying.

And how do you get the Dragon Age costumes from Gamestop -- I didn't get any voucher, is it on the receipt?

go to the in-game store and look for the DA costumes. it should show up as free. make sure you get the costume set and not click individually.

edit: whoops. was thinking digital version lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking at some of the community levels from LBP 2 (RPGs, shooters, boardgames, movies, etc) makes me REALLY intrigued by this. I may be picking this up this weekend...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Yeah, it should be. I didn't get one on mine, and I had to call in to get an extra :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
When I try to load the brand new section of the lbp store in game, it loads and won't stop loading. Can't pause, can't undo, just stuck there.

Maybe the reviews were right. This game is really fun and has a lot of content, but the bugs are annoying. Not game breaking, just completely annoying.

I had plenty of falling through the map moments last night, and yeah a fair bit of loading issues. The biggest problem for me though was the length no doubt. I keep hearing "well it's about the collecting and side levels, etc etc.", but the problem with this argument is you had the core campaign, and THEN you went back to collecting and getting everything. Now you have the adventure mode which took me about 4 hours when I really look into it. Yes there is a good amount left to explore in terms of the hub world I suppose, but when you compare that to the 8ish hour ones in LBP1 and 2 last time around it's underwhelming. Easily the best level design, controls, etc, but the length knocks this down to an 8.5 for me when combined with bugs and whatnot.

slash3584

Just beat that area mentioned above. Managed to get 6 !! :p

Go to the Store and check if this are marked as Free, then purchase them:
-Dragon Age Inquisition (the one with the 4 characters only)
-Infamous Second Son Delsin
-The Last of Us Ellie
-Killzone Helghast
-Uncharted Nathan
Nothing will download after the purchase. You just go to the game and change costumes.

Not every DLC works at the moment, so don't panic! :p

EDIT:
It also seems there are issues with the DLC in general, since even LBP Vita is not recognizing costumes I have. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

Thanks a lot! :D

Top Bottom