• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIZARD SQUAD is Back. Planning XBL Attack. "Biggest attack yet". [UP: XBL/PSN Down]

ronny_1

Neo Member
It might as well be:

nothing-to-see-here-gif.gif

This with the "we are aware.." XD

Damian.

Banned
You dont think there is millions of PS4 users trying to get on the network after it's been down for a few days?

If that was the issue I would hope that Sony would be smart enough to designate windows for different areas/regions to login and cycle through these until everyone is connected again. It seems like there is something deeper here that they are keeping us in the dark about.

It's pretty well accepted Live has been up and running for the majority of users for almost 2 days.

It's impossible to tell whether it's been the majority of users. The only metric we have is anecdotal reports of "I'm online and playing." And even those reports shifted heavily to "Live is down again, I can't get on" during the US evening hours yesterday. Live seems to have been more reliably up over the course of this but it's still having ups and downs as well.

HokieJoe

So their excuse is to raise awareness of poor cyber security...by using a ddos attack which doesn't compromise anyone's data and mostly just harms the customers by preventing them from playing games during their holidays? Yeah, good one

FWIW, the Daily Mail is reporting that hackers have released 13,000 passwords and credit cards of Playstation, Xbox and Amazon users. I don't know if it's Lizard Squad or another set of useless blackhat douchebags.

http://www.*****************/news/article-2888339/Hackers-release-cache-13-000-passwords-credit-cards-Playstation-Xbox-Amazon-users.html

SSReborn

Both XBL and PSN are up for me over here in LA.

Has PSN been working for you this whole time?

FWIW, the Daily Mail is reporting that hackers have released 13,000 passwords and credit cards of Playstation, Xbox and Amazon users. I don't know if it's Lizard Squad or another set of useless blackhat douchebags.

http://www.*****************/news/article-2888339/Hackers-release-cache-13-000-passwords-credit-cards-Playstation-Xbox-Amazon-users.html
Sites banned for a reason.

Let me rephrase. I'm glad you've had little trouble since Christmas Day. You were lucky. In this thread, and online, there have been overwhelming reports of people having continual issues since the DDoS attack started, and ended - though less issues after it ended, but there would still be issues regardless due to the Christmas flood of new users.

Overwhelming reports of xbl outages too? Pretty sure those stopped yesterday for most people. Still some kinks though.

garrickk

It sounds like the connectivity is related to the system. I'm going to keep buying PS4s and try connecting them until one works.

Damn you North Korea! If Malia and Natasha gamed, we'd be bombing them right now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You dont think there is millions of PS4 users trying to get on the network after it's been down for a few days?
That's sounds right, it probably at it's lowest as people have gave up trying yesterday and returned to work today.

EatMyFace

Banned
oh yeah, ctrl c + ctrl v is very hard. i want a public statement from shu, shawn layden or andrew house about this shit, and what they're gonna do to fix it.

hopefully people will stop buying ps4s so they see how big of a deal this is. i know i wouldn't buy it is this happened before i bought.
Woukd it make you feel better if Sony gave some publicity to Lizard Squad by naming them as the attackers?

If you have that much of a problem with it then sell your PS4 and buy an Xbox One. Just remember that XBL was down too. So maybe Wii U is your best option.

t0rment

I think they know this is a big deal and are doing everything in their power to fix it. Having a suit tell you they are trying their best won't speed things up. There is a whole thread here describing whats happening if you want to educate yourself on how DDOS attacks work.

i'm well aware how this thing work. doesn't make this less frustrating and it doesn't take the blame away from sony since xbl is up. sce as a whole is incompetent in many areas, psn is just one of them.

i don't wanna a suit to tell me there are engineers looking into it, i wanna someone tell me what the fuck is going on and how are they gonna fix it, since they didn't even acknowledge that is a ddos attack.

Douchebags who think it's "funny" to ruin other people's time like this are not people that need to be in society.

There is nothing uncivil about putting a bullet between their eyes. At all.

and MURDER THEIR FAMILIES AND NUKE THEIR COUNTRY

Nothing uncivil about that.

bumpkin

I just want to be able to access the store to use PSN credit I got for Christmas. :(

I had no issues with XBL as of last night, but even today I get a connection error message on my Vita. Tried restarting it in hopes maybe something was cached, but no dice.

Overwhelming reports of xbl outages too? Pretty sure those stopped yesterday for most people. Still some kinks though.

In this thread, and online, there have been overwhelming reports of people having continual issues since the DDoS attack started, and ended - though less issues after it ended, but there would still be issues regardless due to the Christmas flood of new users.

I don't like repeating myself.

Anyone else heard anything about credit card details been taken from Xbox and PlayStation? I have seen it reported on BBC national news and again just now on itv national news (England)

Kayant

It's pretty well accepted Live has been up and running for the majority of users for almost 2 days.

Yes but that wasn't Miktar's point. The poster there is trying to use their experience as an indication of the general experience of others/overall network which has highlighted isn't true. Like someone said earlier no one knows the scale of what happened expect MS/Sony.

gtj1092

Yep, this is what has annoyed me. No statement or anything, just "we are trying to fix it, we will update you blah blah blah".

What else do you want to know? I've been on vacation during all of this mess but my friend's kid that I'm staying with has been playing CODAW since yesterday on his ps4.

It sucks that some can't get on but it's not like they can say when you individually will be back on.

Also doesn't Sony have to restore service to many more customers than MS. So even now if the same number of Xbox and PS customers have been restored to normal service there would still be many more PS owners who don't have access.

I heard that people are able to log into psn on PS3 just fine. True?

"Most", seem able to log into PSN via PS3 - however, that information may be outdated. It seems Sony is randomly bringing the network down for all services for "maintenance", so it's unclear if you'll get in or not, only way to know is to try.

Things move very fast in this thread, so people saying "it works!" might not be true five minutes later.

I encourage anyone who knows one of these pieces of shit to go to their house and beat them to death with their own god damn keyboard.

If I found one of these dog raping shit eating butthole tossing fucks in my day to day travels I would tortrue them for 3 days straight, film the whole thing, then release out into the wild so the other little needle dicks wisen up and get a life.

Nothing uncivil about that.

LowParry

I think we all just need to get out today. It's cold and we got snow. I think I'm going to go pee my name in the snow then go find some drinks for later tonight.

Top Bottom