• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Local GS Manager Gets 100 Wii Calls Today, Major Camping Expected Tomorrow Morning

JB1981

Talked with my local Gamestop manager and he said that the phone would not stop ringing today. Interest in the Wii is way high. He expects major lines tomorrow morning. Wii buyers, get to your store early.

Nintendo domination?

SantaC

Gold Member
well I noticed that earlier today when I pre-ordered. It was like throwing meat to a herd of lions.

People who think they'll be able to preorder a Wii by walking into a store don't know Nintendo fanboys.

Kinda funny how I laughed that the UK boss of Nintendo, he said that 20 million Wii at launch wouldn't be enough because of the demand. lol.

SuperPac

JB1981 said:
Talked with my local Gamestop manager and he said that the phone would not stop ringing today. Interest in the Wii is way high. He expects major lines tomorrow morning. Wii buyers, get to your store early.

Nintendo domination?

the ****?

I'm sure there'll be contrary anecdotal evidence shortly from some manager that says he hasn't gotten even one call about Wii.

Calidor

to everyone saying: "I'm not preordering, since there will be plenty of units at launch" I'll say don't underestimate Nintendo

Mrbob

Calidor said:
to everyone saying: "I'm not preordering, since there will be plenty of units at launch" I'll say don't underestimate Nintendo

Ill find one on launch day at walmart guaranteed.

Then I'll go home.

M3wThr33

Banned
God dammit. I could've reserved a Wii on Tuesday morning...
There's still the long shot of getting from Fun 'n Games, although that might be a joke.

JB1981 said:

Nintendo domination?

More like 360 scaring the shit out of everybody last year.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have contrary anecdotal evidence from some manager that says he hasn't even gotten one call about Wii.

Beaten!!! rofl

adg1034

My local Gamestop (St. Paul, MN) opens at 10, and I'm planning on getting there by 8:30. Hopefully that'll be early enough to get a preorder. Also, I just got an Adaptec GameBridge off Woot that I hope will allow me to play my shiny new Wii through my computer, seeing as I don't have a TV in my room. Does anyone own one of these, and how well do they work?

I'm going to the same store tomorrow where I pre-ordered PS3 it will be interesting to see how the lines compare. I would think the potential PS3 Ebay draw would make the PS3 lines bigger but we'll see.

AniHawk

Mrbob said:
Ill find one on launch day at walmart guaranteed.

Then I'll go home.

Wal-Marts have midnight launches. It'll be a Saturday night. Nintendo fanboys dont have anything better to do.

In short: No you wont.

I was working at my Gamestop today and the phones wouldn't shut up with all the calls. We also had more than a dozen walk-ins asking about it...DAMN I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE COLLEGE TOMORROW.

Oh well, my mom said she would be there in line for me.

Amir0x

Banned
My local ebgames manager said 'get there early, a lot of people said they are coming.'

NINTENDO DOMINATION :O

AniHawk said:
People who think they'll be able to preorder a Wii by walking into a store don't know Nintendo fanboys.

:lol

qftyu7.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
I was under the impression that Nintendo systems always have great launches, due to all the diehard fans, and that it's the months after launch which truly show the actual interest from non-hardcore Nintendo fans?

Ecrofirt

Pre-orders? I laugh at you.

I will be getting my Wii on launch day from a store that does not do pre-orders. I will walk in and buy it, and that will be that.

SuperPac

LevelNth said:
I was under the impression that Nintendo systems always have great launches, due to all the diehard fans, and that it's the months after launch which truly show the actual interest from non-hardcore Nintendo fans?

Hasn't that been true with a lot of systems though? Even "failed" systems have had pretty good launches (N64, Dreamcast, GameCube).

Mrbob

AniHawk said:
Wal-Marts have midnight launches. It'll be a Saturday night. Nintendo fanboys dont have anything better to do.

In short: No you wont.

Whatever. Nintendo fans will be in bed by 10PM.

I win.

Juice

Kuroyume said:
Same five people called 20 times.

Looking back on my own spastic childhood, that's probably true.

Still, I'm glad EB is absorbing all of the Nintendo fanboy juices now. It'll make my stroll into and out of Circuit City on launch day all the more fanboy-free.

SantaC

Gold Member
the question is though. Is it because of the selling power of the Wii or Zelda? I am leaning towards Zelda here.

My interest in the Wii is steadily declining but I'd love to see them do well. If their numbers for systems available over the holiday season are correct, they could really sweap the hardware charts. I doubt the software will sell that well though.

LevelNth said:
well yes. this is 'as expected'. but if this *wasn't* happening then that would be saying something, and if lines are bigger than for PS3, then that too could be saying something.

tomorrow will tell...

me i'm sticking with my amazon preorder. sure i'll get it a day or two later, but i'm basically 100% sure i'll be getting one... and having it turn up on my doorstep is a lot better than over night queues et al.

Thaedolus

I just called EB and he said they had 8 people in line for PS3 preorders at 8 AM Tuesday (they open at 10). He told me I need to get there at least that early for the Wii if I want a chance at getting one.

Dahbomb

This thread is hilarious! :lol

SantaC said:
the question is though. Is it because of the selling power of the Wii or Zelda? I am leaning towards Zelda here.
Pretty much.

I can't wait for Monday when Canadian Wii/PS3 fans line up at the same store... :lol

Top Bottom