• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Local GS Manager Gets 100 Wii Calls Today, Major Camping Expected Tomorrow Morning

SantaC

Gold Member
AniHawk said:
A local Wal-Mart had 54 GCs at launch and there were about 70 people in line for it at 7:00 PM on November 17, 2001.

Must felt great for the people standing there after 54 :lol

AniHawk said:
Wal-Marts have midnight launches. It'll be a Saturday night. Nintendo fanboys dont have anything better to do.

In short: No you wont.

The Gamecube and GBA and DS I bought at midnight at my Walmart tell another story. No more than 10 people at midnight each time.

Walmart is the key here.

AniHawk said:
A local Wal-Mart had 54 GCs at launch and there were about 70 people in line for it at 7:00 PM on November 17, 2001.

My local Shopko got a bunch in, and still had plenty when I grabbed one at 6pm.

sugarhigh4242 said:
I swear to god if Wii is the dominant system this gen, i'm through with gaming...

... well, console gaming. PC will continue to own.

grow up

maynerd

Banned
Just adding to the fun and rumor mill. Called a gamestop here in seattle and the guy said that the demand for the Wii is WAY higher than the PS3. Take it how you will. I'm concerned that I will not be getting a wii on preorder. :(

Zimarooski said:
I was working at my Gamestop today and the phones wouldn't shut up with all the calls. We also had more than a dozen walk-ins asking about it...DAMN I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE COLLEGE TOMORROW.

Oh well, my mom said she would be there in line for me.
Are you sure you're in college?

SantaC

Gold Member
Mr. Spinnington said:
Are you sure you're in college?

so just because you're in college you're not allowed to have parents? (and get some help from them) I thought it was during the early teen years.

krypt0nian said:
Adults don't use the phrase "grown up"

They do in the context of being told to "grow up"

smiley-indifferent_640.png

Saoh

sugarhigh4242 said:
I swear to god if Wii is the dominant system this gen, i'm through with gaming...

... well, console gaming. PC will continue to own.

i VASTLY prefer that over all consoles being +$500. THAT'S a reason to quit gaming.

lachesis

Well, if I don't get to pre-order when I go there at 9:30 a... then that's it. I'll see if I can get it from Target or what not after launch.

I've been calculating my spending on November alone... and it's 1400 dollars for bare minimum of stuff that I want... :( That's some heavy duty spending within 3 week period.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
sugarhigh4242 said:
The possibility that i'd give up gaming for good is possibly the most grown up decision i've ever made.

You won't be putting away games because you grew up though you fool... you'll be putting them away because a company you dislike became dominant...
:lol
Your logic is so poor :lol!

Mrbob

I dunno, MS seems content with burning through billions of dollars to keep Xbox platforms up and running, plus 3rd party software sales are great on the platform so don't despair.

TheQueen'sOwn said:
You won't be putting away games because you grew up though you fool... you'll be putting them away because a company you dislike became dominant...
:lol
Your logic is so poor :lol!

Between Xbox360 and PS3, i don't really care who "wins".

But the kinds of games i like to play will not be possible on Wii.

That's what i'm saying.

citrus lump said:
If this really was about saving money, you'd love for the cheapest console to dominate. You just wanna be an ass, and no ones cares.

Heh... do you really want to get into a value discussion in the middle of an already hostile thread? :)

Cause i'm up for it if you are!

LakeEarth

If tomorrow's EBs get a huge wave of pre-orders, I'm going to have to rethink my 'just walk into WalMart monday morning and get one' plan.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
That still has nothing to do with you being grown up though.... now it's just that you wouldn't be getting what you want.... which is very childlike.

You still want to play games...

Stood in line for a GameCube and in the process managed to embarrass myself. Throw in the fact that the actual console itself sucked donkey balls means I won't be fooled again.

TheQueen'sOwn said:
That still has nothing to do with you being grown up though.... now it's just that you wouldn't be getting what you want.... which is very childlike.

Meh.

consumers are still allowed to buy what they want at any age.

Wollan

I'm going to Ebay a few of these suckers. 1000$ easily for each.

Err... No. Not even pre-ordering to be honest. I'll just walk in and buy one. Yay for numbers.

Chemo

sugarhigh4242 said:
Between Xbox360 and PS3, i don't really care who "wins".

But the kinds of games i like to play will not be possible on Wii.

That's what i'm saying.
You mean the kind of games you like to watch, right?

Because as far as I can tell, the Wii is sure as hell a lot more play-intensive than the other two

citrus lump said:
Don't try to deflect just because you got caught being a troll.

I guess i am a troll when it comes to Nintendo stuff. Its not based on fanboy love for any other system. I just don't like the approach they are taking at all.

And if that approach becomes the dominant format for games, i'm out.

Sorry.

Kangu

Banned
Chemo said:
You mean the kind of games you like to watch, right?

Because as far as I can tell, the Wii is sure as hell a lot more play-intensive than the other two

IAWTP. Have fun playing Hitch on your PS3's losers.

Top Bottom