• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Localized Chaos Rings III surprise released now on iOS/Android

Goli

https://youtu.be/ku1Y_wpa1UM

Overview

Chaos Rings is a full-scale RPG series for smartphone devices that was first introduced worldwide in 2010. As part of a continuing series, Chaos Rings Omega was launched in 2011, followed by Chaos Rings II in 2012. The rich game world, deep storyline, and high-quality soundtrack have been praised throughout the world, recording over 1.1 million downloads across the series. To this day, Chaos Rings firmly maintains its position as the best RPG series available for smartphones.

Story / World

There, on the blue star, is everything you desire.

On the floating continent high in the sky, you can find New Paleo. Explorers from all across the land flock to this hub city, seeking to fulfill their dreams and desires. But this is but a brief stop before their journey to their true destination, the azure planet of Marble Blue.

Unexplored lands, hidden treasures, monsters, legends…everything an adventurer could want could be found on this one planet.

The protagonist lives on the outskirts of town with his sister, tending to the family’s livestock. One night, led by a mysterious voice, he meets a beautiful woman, who says to him thus:

“You must go now. Marble Blue, the sparkling blue mother planet, awaits.”

Worlds yet undiscovered, treasures that fulfill your wildest dreams, mythologies lost in the pages of history…a great journey, the dream of a thousand years, is about to begin.

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chaos-rings-iii/id958455860?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.chaosrings3gp&hl=en

Heh, just yesterday I was saying how CRIII was never gonna be localised... :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Eh, if you want quality games, pay the price?
CRIII was also released on Vita in Japan as a full price game... because that's what it is.

As someone who played the last two CR games neither were close to being worth $20.

Plus this game is an olderish port using lesser hardware so it doesn't look as good as it should.

Sorry just my feelings on the matter.

Are mobile games required to always have the blandest, most ugly UI buttons possible?
ZCMYbqw.jpg

That said, the overall artstyle looks much more appealing than the first one I tried.

Goli

As someone who played the last two CR games neither were close to being worth $20.

Plus this game is an olderish port using lesser hardware so it doesn't look as good as it should.

Sorry just my feelings on the matter.

I think they were, but besides that, an olderish port?
This isn't a port, it was built from the ground up for iOS/Android devices and then ported to Vita.

Skulldead

I remember playing the first one when it was release. I was like wow this game is amazing good looking, great music.... but the game gameplay was atrocious, one of the most unchallenging game i ever played !

Did they correct this in further one of the series ?

Kouriozan

I'll try it, despite not loving the 3 past games, they were OK but nothing outstanding,
About that main character, don't forget that Sora is everyone :p

Eh, if you want quality games, pay the price?
CRIII was also released on Vita in Japan as a full price game... because that's what it is.
I'll bite at the ten dollar price mark just like cr2..
No offense but i cannot justify any mobile game for more than that

Tiu Neo

Will get it when/if they release on Vita. Remember playing the first one a few years back, it was pretty good, for a mobile game.

Goli

I remember playing the first one when it was release. I was like wow this game is amazing good looking, great music.... but the game gameplay was atrocious, one of the most unchallenging game i ever played !

Did they correct this in further one of the series ?

Chaos Rings II and Sigma... err, Omega, had better balance, but they're not exactly the most challenging games on Earth.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think they were, but besides that, an olderish port?
This isn't a port, it was built from the ground up for iOS/Android devices and then ported to Vita.

For some reason I thought this was a Vita title posted to mobile this time around.

My bad.

Still looks old and fugly both graphically speaking and the UI.

I'll jump in as the other poster said when it goes on sale like all of SEs stuff.

PS: I don't mind spending for mobile titles, but they need to bring it.

Mivey

I'll bite at the ten dollar price mark just like cr2..
No offense but i cannot justify any mobile game for more than that
Regardless of quality?
With that attitude, which I think is quite prevalent, you really don't get to criticise mobile gaming lack of appeal.

I want 20$ games on mobile. (Obviously they should also be good, you have shitty games on console/PC too).

Goli

I really don't understand this mindset that mobile games can't be priced at more than a certain amount, same with handheld games.

Keasar

Will wait until I hear what people think, I had trouble getting into two of the other Chaos Rings game that I got during sales, thought the combat felt unbalanced and the gameplay overall was grindy as hell.

I really don't understand this mindset that mobile games can't be priced at more than a certain amount, same with handheld games.

No problem with that, I just want the game to be good for that price.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yooo, I saw the other screenshots in the App Store. The art style is completely different from the other games. Dunno if that's a good or a bad thing. Need to buy this when I've got the money/time :lol

Ourobolus

Banned
Huh. That's certainly not what I was expecting. I still need to finish Omega and play 2 though. I did really enjoy the first one.

Demonfang

Banned
I really enjoyed the first game. But im gunna wait now for 2 and 3 to come to vita.

I mean theres no reason to doubt that right? Well square...

$26.26 AUD.

Seeing this release was a reminder to play the earlier games, which I bought but didn't play enough of...but Chaos Rings 1 isn't compatible with Android 5.1.1. It is failing to open. Chaos Rings Omega doesn't work either. Chaos Rings 2 does work though.

Hopefully I can get my old phone to hold a charge but it doesn't seem to want to... I did also buy the first game on my old iPod touch and it turns out to run fine on that at least...

"Chaos Rings III English Trailer"

*Tons of Japanese dialogue with no subtitles.*

I like the music on the latter half of the video though .Noriyasu Agematsu is so gud.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Cool. I liked the first one a lot and this seems to be quite a bit better than the first and the sequels.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sweet! I'm going to wait for a sale as usual though, I'm still playing CR2 and the dollar exchange rate is kind of absurd in my country right now.

Heh, just yesterday I was saying how CRIII was never gonna be localised... :p
Haha, it's almost like our convo about it summoned this release.

I own all three of these of Android. I only played like an hour of the first.

That's not a knock of quality I just don't really like playing mobile games and got them because they were so cheap.

duckroll

S-E releases a 20 buck mobile game -> "Hahahaha FUCK OFF!"

S-E releases a F2P mobile game -> "FUCK S-E! F2P GARBAGE! NOOOOOOOO!"

>Repeat endlessly

:)

Edit: Maybe I should have added a few more loops for the "released in Japan" -> "WHY ISN'T IT IN ENGLISH" -> "released in English" -> "LOL LATE PORT" cycle.

I like the art style in the first two games. Kinda disappointed they went with this ugly kingdom hearts thing with this one.

>Repeat endlessly

:)

Edit: Maybe I should have added a few more loops for the "released in Japan" -> "WHY ISN'T IT IN ENGLISH" -> "released in English" -> "LOL LATE PORT" cycle.

So true lmao

StereoVsn

There is pretty much 0 chance I would ever buy SE full price mobile release after their treatment of The World Ends With You and other regular priced games on the iOS or Android platforms. Can't trust them to update for say iOS 9 or Android 6 since they haven't bothered to update a lot of their catalog for iOS 8.3 or Android 5.x

I'd buy a vita version if it was available since it would guarantee I can play the game in a year if I wanted to.

I have only played the first Chaos Rings. I enjoyed the story. The gameplay was pretty decent, not amazing. I definitely enjoyed the music. But Omega and 2 didn't really draw me in and this one looks like the most generic and bland one of the lot.

Faustek

Regardless of quality?
With that attitude, which I think is quite prevalent, you really don't get to criticise mobile gaming lack of appeal.

I want 20$ games on mobile. (Obviously they should also be good, you have shitty games on console/PC too).

Can I play this in year with the coming firmware upgrades? Nah, as long as Apple and Google refuse to even try and make it a gaming platform I'll not see it as such. Amazon is trying though. So we'll see but for now every game has a life expectancy and I won't buy.

Top Bottom