• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Locomotives, Trains and Railways in Games

E889ADD60CB7C99CDA20A3D057E63AAA2728179E

Fatbody

I dabbled in some Densha de Go! earlier this year and found it to be surprisingly engaging and zen-like. A great balance of arcade and sim. For months I’ve been mulling over importing the latest version on Switch that is compatible with a train controller, and I believe there’s also a plug and play stand alone controller version as well. It would be nice if Square would give it a chance in the west, even if it was just a digital version without the controller.

midnightAI

That one and Trip’s Voyage are two reasons why it's a damn shame they never ported Dreams to PC.
Dreams is seriously powerful, its just a bit much for the average person to use/create stuff for it, but as a rendering engine its very impressive.

And sticking to the Trains theme ...

(not saying its as good as UE5 of course, but still impressive for what it can do)

R6Rider

Gold Member
The train/rail car thing on Battlefield 4's Golmud Railway map.

Also, the armored train on the various Battlefield 1 maps.

Last edited:

cireza

Pretty great battle in Shining Force III. Then you continue inside the train.

MegaDrive pushing a ton of stuff on screen while scrolling like no tomorrow.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Starflight Express from Dragon Quest IX, which is used to ferry angels back and forth to heaven.

Dragon_Quest_IX_%2528DS%2529_44_a.png

It's also the same train in Dragon Quest X.

Top Bottom