• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long may she REIGN – Season 2 |OT| The Pawn Is Now The Queen – Thursdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Reign is back!

...can't believe they let Francis live lol. Dat revisionist history.

Louis needs to calm his shit.

Joni

Reign is back!

...can't believe they let Francis live lol. Dat revisionist history.

Louis needs to calm his shit.

He can still die, by sword to the chest by Conde. Show has already revised history by making him so old. He died as a weak, frail 16-year old. That is no way describes Toby Regbo. And of course, we only have Megan Follows and Adelaide Kane confirmed for next year from the current cast.

Leeness

He can still die, by sword to the chest by Conde. Show has already revised history by making him so old. He died as a weak, frail 16-year old. That is no way describes Toby Regbo. And of course, we only have Megan Follows and Adelaide Kane confirmed for next year from the current cast.

This is very very true. Or maybe he'll just live and Mary will leave, or something entirely different, who knows at this point!

I feel like the Conde thing is very quickly completely falling apart and he's going to for realsies betray Mary soon.

Joni

Curious to see how it will go. Ditching Francis and keeping Conde makes sense if you go the historical route. They just can't drag it out to next season. Considering the ratings, they might want to make next season the last so they shouldn't be too worried about huge changes. The problem is: how do you keep Bash, Catherine, Kenna, ... around without Francis? It is quite unpredictable considering only three people have already been confirmed for next year.

Was reading up on the different characters, and Claude is really different from reality. She was a hunchback that was very discreet. Doesn't sound at all like the current interpretation. She is closer to Clarissa in reality.

Leeness

Curious to see how it will go. Ditching Francis and keeping Conde makes sense if you go the historical route. They just can't drag it out to next season. Considering the ratings, they might want to make next season the last so they shouldn't be too worried about huge changes. The problem is: how do you keep Bash, Catherine, Kenna, ... around without Francis? It is quite unpredictable considering only three people have already been confirmed for next year.

And yeah, those ratings. :( 3 will probably be the last.

Was reading up on the different characters, and Claude is really different from reality. She was a hunchback that was very discreet. Doesn't sound at all like the current interpretation. She is closer to Clarissa in reality.

I feel like ditching Francis and going with Conde back to Scotland makes more sense, but I'm feeling like they're building to Conde betraying Mary and Mary and Francis coming together again, so...not sure what's going to happen.

Claude! I didn't know that. Though I didn't even think Catherine had an actual daughter named Claude, I figured most of her kids other than Francis were made up/based around other children.

Joni

She had ten kids in real life with the show version having kept most of those kids.

Francis II, King of France: The main character who has been upgraded from sickly to healthy, a bit older too.
Elisabeth, Queen of Spain: She only appeared in the pilot.
Claude, Duchess of Lorraine: Upgraded from sickly to beautiful.
Louis of Valois: He was presumably scratched from the show, but he died at 1 anyway so he doesn't matter for the story.
Charles IX, King of France: The important kid that will become the next king. We have seen him.
Henry III, King of France: We have seen him briefly, the younger surviving brother.
Margaret, Queen of France: Mentionned.
Hercule François, Duke of Anjou: Mentionned.
Joanna of Valois: Inspiration for Emone/Henrietta but aged up a bit in the show.
Victoria of Valois: Inspiration for Emone/Henrietta but aged up a bit in the show.

Leeness

History!

SMH Louis.

Edit: Well...Louis.

I guess the show went the exact opposite way than I thought it would. I figured Francis would die and Conde and Mary would go off to Scotland. Not even close.

Leeness

Lool at Catherine's descent into crazy girlfriend. I might almost feel sorry for Narcisse.

I'm hoping Mary is bluffing at the end. I'm just tired of Conde now :/

Also wtf was going on with the pagan girl at the end? Was she having sex with Bash or someone else who turned into Bash, what? Did I miss a little something? But I was confused.

Joni

The preview for the finale is crazy, they'll introduce
Queen Elizabeth of England

I'm hoping Mary is bluffing at the end. I'm just tired of Conde now :/
Her facial cues seem to suggest she is lying. When talking to Francis, she suddenly gets a stern look like she has made up a plan. The same happens with Conde, she suddenly stops crying when he looks away.

Also wtf was going on with the pagan girl at the end? Was she having sex with Bash or someone else who turned into Bash, what? Did I miss a little something? But I was confused.
She turned a nobody into Bash to bond him, so she seems to get control over Bash in some way or another. It means Kenna can save him next season.

Sober

Yeah the scene with the healer girl with the mirror was really weird.

Also I usually forget Reign has actual action scenes once in a while. Didn't see those coming.

Leeness

The preview for the finale is crazy, they'll introduce
Queen Elizabeth of England

Her facial cues seem to suggest she is lying. When talking to Francis, she suddenly gets a stern look like she has made up a plan. The same happens with Conde, she suddenly stops crying when he looks away.

She turned a nobody into Bash to bond him, so she seems to get control over Bash in some way or another. It means Kenna can save him next season.

I agree about Mary. That's what I hope! Get 'er done, girl!

Okay, that's what happened in that scene? It was super weird. Like, at first it made sense, and then it stopped making sense lol.

And yes, Kenna gonna have to save him from the EVIL WITCH. Oooh.

Joni

Kenna, oh, Kenna.
The worst mother in law in history.
And one amazing set-up for next season.
I just wish this had the Game of Thrones budget for fight scenes.

Leeness

D: Francis' baby.

Oops Kenna lol

Baby is okay!

Lol damn, this plot, Conde getting the fuck out. Catherine damn. Hahaha. Oh jeez. Fucking ice cold. Narcisse hates his life.

This witch...uuuuuh. What is her plot?

Bye Catherine. Omg rude, spitting on Narcisse.

Bye Kenna.

Francis and Mary, reunited at laaaaast.

Kenna found a kiiiiiing lol

Oh bye witch. Or not. Errr.

Francis finally dying. Ratsky is back! Queen Elizabeth!

Ledsen

My girlfriend, who has probably seen every period drama ever made, tried to watch this and stopped watching after one episode saying it was horrible. How does this compare to the great BBC period dramas?

Joni

Less realism, considering it concerns witchcraft, supernatural beings and the likes. It does improve a lot from the first few episodes. It goes from a love triangle drama to a powerplay between kings and queens. Current season runs around three queens trying to consolidate their power.

Less realism, considering it concerns witchcraft, supernatural beings and the likes. It does improve a lot from the first few episodes. It goes from a love triangle drama to a powerplay between kings and queens. Current season runs around three queens trying to consolidate their power.
The series really came into its own when it dropped the prophecy nonsense after 13 episodes. It's absolutely incredible right now.

Joni

That is a small and unexpected twist. And so, we're June, meaning Francis has 6 months to live.

Just caught up to last week's episode. That ending oh my. I guess there was enough foreshadowing but I didn't put it together. =x.

This season seems stronger than last so far.

Joni

Claude really gave her husband a humiliation, but damn Catherine. That was a master plan. Narcisse clearly has a lot to learn.
A lot of unhappy pregnancies too with Elizabeth and Greer. At least it looks we won't lose Greer like Kenna.
Mary and the ambassador seem like a nice fit. I wouldn't mind them ending up together.
Charles is finally growing into his power.
Very little Bash, he seems half-written out of the show.
Awwww Leith.

Joni

Torrance Coombs
will be leaving Reign, which should not be surprising
his character Bash
doesn't really have a story anymore.

Joni

That seems a definitive goodbye for Greer and Castleroy. They got their happy ending. Still. They are 'dropping' like flies. Lola is the only one remaining.

Joni

BASH + MARY. Bash finally stepping up for his family not named Francis, and Mary finally going to Scotland.

Ricker

Season is still great so far,entertaining,cruel at times,witty and also candid on occasion.

''We need to keep the servants quiet''

''Bash,gather them up,offer them bribes for their silence,if they refuse,tell'em I'll cut off their heads''

Bash : ''Somehow I doubt they'll refuse'' while everyone looks at him shaking their heads slightly. ;)

Joni

Show is really cutting costs, so many bittersweet moments. Show has really done on a number on the initial group, they are all gone aside from Mary. French court was decimated as well, with two kings and Nostradamus gone. Looking back at the picture, it was really not a surprise who got killed first.

latest

Still, some kickass moments like Catherine reminding her own son that she has many sons that could become king and Mary taking Scotland. A lot of set-ups for a good (final?) season.

Joni

So it is back for its final season, 16 episodes between this and the finale. First episode has already shown the Queen of France, the Queen of Spain, the Queen of England and the Queen of Scotland.

Let's remember all the characters that disappeared since this show started.

spKuN2x.jpg

Cast for the season:

Adelaide Kane as Mary, Queen of Scots
Megan Follows as Catherine de' Medici
Rachel Skarsten as Elizabeth I of England
Celina Sinden as Greer
Craig Parker as Stéphane Narcisse
Rose Williams as Claude of France
Ben Geurens as Gideon Blackburn
Dan Jeannotte as James Stewart
Jonathan Goad as John Knox
Spencer MacPherson as Charles IX of France
Will Kemp as Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley

Recurring

Adam Croasdell as Bothwell

Anastasia Phillips as Leesa of Spain
Nola Augustson as Lady Lennox
Mark Ghanimé as Don Carlos of Spain
Lewis Kirk as Martel de Guise

Leeness

Man I've missed this show so much! Going to watch my PVR'd episode this morning.

Edit: Oh wow Greer is still around.

Leeness

Well, at least Charles didn't kill the girl lol

Edit: He's a vampire tho.

I can't wait for Darnley to (historically) explode lol

OF COURSE LEITH RETURNS THE SECOND CLAUDE GETS MARRIED. Duh. Bye again tho. 👋

Leeness

The new dude starting the fire was so telegraphed.

Yep haha.

WHAT A HERO THO.

Do we know who plays Bothwell? I'm wondering if they're going to finish the show with (historical spoilers? lol. I don't know, does anyone really care?)
Mary's death, or maybe just to her fleeing to England?

Joni

Yep haha.

WHAT A HERO THO.

Do we know who plays Bothwell? I'm wondering if they're going to finish the show with (historical spoilers? lol. I don't know, does anyone really care?)
Mary's death, or maybe just to her fleeing to England?

We don't know who they'll have for Bothwell, but he has been casted. As for the ending,
they seem to be hinting at sticking to history.

Joni

James is becoming a nice brother. Leeza and CHarles however don't play nice.
Rachel Skarsten was quite good this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom