• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlander - Season 2 - Saturdays on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
- EW: Outlander return ratings double to set record
The romantic time-travel adventure drama delivered 1.5 million viewers for the first airing of its season 2 debut – double the show’s 2014 series premiere. The performance is also up 25 percent from the show’s midseason return last April.

The season 2 premiere numbers will dramatically increase once Starz adds repeats and on-demand viewing into the tally (for example, the midseason return rose to 2.4 million after just a few days). But merely as a kick-off number, Starz has to be thrilled.

Starz is fuckin' killing it lately.

In the last two weeks, I've binge watched Ash Vs. Evil Dead and Survivor's Remorse. Outlander is must-watch for me and my wife.

I'm liking everything they're putting out. Once we finish up Daredevil season 2, were going to dive into Black Sails.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Not in Scotland Anymore

In Paris, Jamie struggles to deal with his past, and a fortuitous encounter with Prince Charles affords him promising opportunities, but the Duke of Sandringham's presence complicates matters.

hythloday

Thoughts about episode 2:

- Nope, still not in love with the opening song. Pity.

- Master Raymond is the best.

- I guess the "H" in Claire's favorite saying "Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ" stands for "hairless."

- If the Duke of Sandringham had a mic, he'd have dropped it. That savage look.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Subbing!

Haven't watched the second episode yet but I really loved the first one. Can't wait for the rest of the season, if only for the costumes because they look stunning.

Retro

why are they watching the king of france poop

Because France.
JUWnj.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Asses and armpits. Rental didoes.

Really love how they continue to show how Jamie is dealing with the aftermath of rape.

If you want to add another one, might I suggest Tom & Lorenzo? They are primarily a fashion site but they do excellent tv recaps for some of the shows they watch. It looks like they are also going to do an Outlander Style post, which I'm excited for. They did this with Mad Men. Though I never finished the show they were really good at looking costuming/sets and tying them to themes/characters.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If you want to add another one, might I suggest Tom & Lorenzo? They are primarily a fashion site but they do excellent tv recaps for some of the shows they watch. It looks like they are also going to do an Outlander Style post, which I'm excited for. They did this with Mad Men. Though I never finished the show they were really good at looking costuming/sets and tying them to themes/characters.

Tom and Lorenzo are going to do an Outlander Style post!?

yes perfect

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Tom and Lorenzo are going to do an Outlander Style post!?

yes perfect

Yep. As per their recap:

Don’t forget to come back for our “Outlander Style” post on this episode, which should go up on Tuesday.

They had mentioned in S1 somewhere that they had wanted to do one but were a bit burned out by Mad Style posts. I'm hoping that they do more throughout the season. I love their style posts. The ones on Pretty Woman and Clueless were great too.

EDIT: I'm a bit behind on reading their site but they already did one for episode one!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yep. As per their recap:

They had mentioned in S1 somewhere that they had wanted to do one but were a bit burned out by Mad Style posts. I'm hoping that they do more throughout the season. I love their style posts. The ones on Pretty Woman and Clueless were great too.

Yay! Their style stuff is incredible. I hope they do it for every episode this season~

Nice episode, although as decadent as the nobility was just before the French Revolution I thought the way they were written was a little too one note, the show is usually more subtle at portraying human beings in a different time and place.

Hopefully it'll follow the same path as Claire's discovery of 18th century Scotland where she was struck by the rough edges at first before understanding the more subtle aspects of that world.

C4Lukins

Sorry but I give up after episodes 15 and 16 of season 1.

Outlander became near rape the series every episode to let's just have a couple of episodes of straight up rape. I cannot blame the series for exploring such topics, but I am no longer interested in where the series goes from here.

xenist

Sorry but I give up after episodes 15 and 16 of season 1.

Outlander became near rape the series every episode to let's just have a couple of episodes of straight up rape. I cannot blame the series for exploring such topics, but I am no longer interested in where the series goes from here.

You're having the exact same reaction a friend of mine had. Take some time and you'll be ready to come back.

TheOddOne

Added to my bookmarks. Thanks!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Useful Occupations and Deceptions

Political machinations dominate most of Jamie's time, while Claire puts her healing skills to use. Their plan to stop Culloden moves along, but the forward momentum is jeopardized by past actions.

Retro

THE DOG IS A DOCTOR

A DOGTOR

s/he can cure any illness ;__;

I think you're exaggerating, the best he can do is run some lab* work... just don't ask for a cat scan, or things could get ruff.

*Yes, I know, Bouton is not a Labrador Retriever

I like French Kirsten Dunst. I'm not sure how I feel about the Johann Sebastian Bach thing, I mean it was funny but that got kind of close to there being a fourth wall breaking wink at the camera.

Retro

I like French Kirsten Dunst. I'm not sure how I feel about the Johann Sebastian Bach thing, I mean it was funny but that got kind of close to there being a fourth wall breaking wink at the camera.

First Book kinda-not-really-Spoilers:
The Loch Ness monster shows up. Yes really. In my paperback copy, he even shows up on page tree fitty, I shit you not.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

La Dame Blanche

Claire and Jamie host a dinner party to thwart investors in Prince Charles' war effort, while Claire reveals that Jack Randall is alive, which affects Jamie in a surprising way.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damn, the Comte St. Germain is really going hard after Claire. I hate not knowing what's going to happen next - I really need to read the second book. :D

I think you're exaggerating, the best he can do is run some lab* work... just don't ask for a cat scan, or things could get ruff.

*Yes, I know, Bouton is not a Labrador Retriever

I missed this last week. 'tis gold~

Schrade

I really hate the setting in France. I miss the Scottish setting :(

I also despise what they did to the theme song. I miss the superior original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom