• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Look out jerks, Superman posts here now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

RagnarokX said:
11ke1ck.gif

lulwut

MechaX

Between this and the muff thread, GAF has been working overtime in terms of making me laugh uncontrollably at an ungodly hour at night.

LiveFromKyoto said:
This thread is a reference to Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #5 which came out this week, at the end of which it is revealed that the psychotic mass-murdering Superboy Prime is actually a fanboy troll on the DC Universe message boards in his home universe (no, seriously. That's really how it ends). The OP is pretending to be that character, and has photoshopped Neo GAF instead of the DCU boards into the page in question of said comic.

And now you understand what is going on here.

It's still weird.

Holy shit! Did DC like go nuts or something and just said screw this?! :lol

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Holy shit! Did DC like go nuts or something and just said screw this?! :lol

Yeah, that's a pretty good way to describe Final Crisis.

...and it was awesome. If borderline incomprehensible.

MisterHero

OldDirtyClooney said:
Ya sure about that?
He'll be back, they always come back. But like Batman himself said to Superman, he was most influential when he was dead.

The writers will always think of greater challenges for them to beat so I'm not going to be surprised after getting ressurected that he'll go back to his old job.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
:lol Did somebody just read Legion of Three Worlds #5? Buying it tomorrow, hope there weren't too many spoilers in this page...

EDIT: Aw fuck, scrolled up and got spoiled... oh well, I always thought this was where Johns was heading with the character. Still can't wait to read this issue, looks like he's riffing from Morrison a little and then adding some more!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay so DC has a multiverse, and Superboy Prime is from Earth Prime, which is supposed to be "our" universe, except it has a Superboy in it. So DC comics exists on Earth Prime and everything that happens to Superman, Batman, etc. shows up in comics there, too. (Occasionally this leads to some cool little fourth wall breaking moments.)

Also Superboy Prime is an extremely powerful villain and is portrayed kind of as an insane, immature brat.

Spoilers for Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds -
At the end of the story, Superboy Prime punches a future version of himself so hard that he erases himself from existence. Like, the panels actually show him disappearing and being "un-drawn" from the normal full color version to black and white to a basic sketch of shapes. Then he reappears on Earth Prime, and runs into his home to see his family. They say they've been reading the comics and have seen all the people he killed, etc., and try to disown him. Apparently, he later intimidates them into letting him stay, forcing them to cook and clean for him and moving (back?) into his parents' basement, where he becomes an internet fanboy whining and bitching on a messageboard. The original comic had a real picture of the DC comics boards where the NeoGAF board is in the OP's pic.

Calcaneus

I feel that we should take this time to discuss the possibilities of Superman actually posting here.

It would be awesome.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Htown said:
Okay so DC has a multiverse, and Superboy Prime is from Earth Prime, which is supposed to be "our" universe, except it has a Superboy in it. So DC comics exists on Earth Prime and everything that happens to Superman, Batman, etc. shows up in comics there, too. (Occasionally this leads to some cool little fourth wall breaking moments.)

Also Superboy Prime is an extremely powerful villain and is portrayed kind of as an insane, immature brat.

Spoilers for Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds -
At the end of the story, Superboy Prime punches a future version of himself so hard that he erases himself from existence. Like, the panels actually show him disappearing and being "un-drawn" from the normal full color version to black and white to a basic sketch of shapes. Then he reappears on Earth Prime, and runs into his home to see his family. They say they've been reading the comics and have seen all the people he killed, etc., and try to disown him. Apparently, he later intimidates them into letting him stay, forcing them to cook and clean for him and moving (back?) into his parents' basement, where he becomes an internet fanboy whining and bitching on a messageboard. The original comic had a real picture of the DC comics boards where the NeoGAF board is in the OP's pic.
This is seriously one of the dumbest god damn tings I've ever heard in my entire life.

ZeoVGM

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
This is seriously one of the dumbest god damn tings I've ever heard in my entire life.

:lol

It is a pretty funny ending though, and considering what Final Crisis is, it really does make sense.

But it won't be satisfying for everyone.

MisterHero

I'm presume that Bishoptl not locking this thread means I can answer questions, and that'll be the end of it, and if posts are playing along I'll humor them. This is the last one though.

FOR YOU GUYS THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED READ LIVEFROMKYOTO'S POST ON PAGE 1

SanjuroTsubaki said:
First you steal my photoshop...then you do this with it!?
I didn't steal it or claim it was mine, and I was aiming this to people who already saw the Comics Day threads. :p

If I was about stealing I wouldn't have added my own photoshops. >:)

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think Mister Hero is just covering for omg rite. He's probably been inducted into the Legion of Super-Villians by him...
omg rite is
the Time Trapper version of me. He's
old and wrinkly.

I need redemption too, it seems!

UraMallas said:
MisterHero, I found this picture of you trying to post this thread:

344vbti.jpg
Well yeah, I rarely make threads. Seriously though I hope you're entertained (even if it was unintentionally severe at my own expense), because that's all I wanted.

Kastro said:
ban all these stupid fucking juniors
Haw haw you wet the bed, bed wetter.

Spike Spiegel said:

Y'know, there are times when I worry that ComicGAF is overstepping its bounds here at NeoGAF.
Well obviously because I'm being punished for it.

We can post some Power Girl pictures too if people want.

Here I'll start:

infini2.jpg

I saw it on the Penny-Arcade forums way back and thought it was hilarious.

krypt0nian said:
This act was lame when you started it. Now its 2000 and late.

Stop.
Will do.

Well there you have it. FINISHED. I'll ask a Mod to lock it now.

EDIT: I made the PM.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I knew it was a junior after scrolling to the end of the thread.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
krypt0nian said:
Oddly enough it makes perfect sense in context of the story an character arc.
He punches his future self in the face so hard, he ceases to exist.

He punches his future self in the face so hard, he ceases to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom