• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Thanks! I didn't play co-op anyway. Should be able to install this on Vita just fine right? Will buy those tomorrow after store update.

Don't hold your breath completely on a store-update though, there's always the potential this was a clerical error that Sony isn't in a position to reverse now that the whole Vita community is staring, and is merely just going to let them be downloaded without directly putting them on the Vita storefront. Besides, it's perfectly available on the web-store anyway which can then be downloaded directly to Vita through purchase history. And I hate to say it, but I loathe the PSN store interface on the Vita.

Eh, what am I kidding on that one sentence. It would be wasteful to have them downloadable but not on the storefront, Sony's not that stupid even if the Cell CPU and $599 one-two punch was a thing. Still slightly confused on why this massive update happened with no real announcement and even one of the major execs out of the loop.

Kolma

People were listing holy grails for PSN so I'll give mine.

Rockband Unplugged (not lite)
Tekken: Dark Ressurection
SSX On Tour

I spent so much time on those 3 games.

Rockband is a licensing issue I guess but I have no idea why Tekken Dark Resurrection and SSX On Tour aren't available on PSN.

Regular Rock Band Unplugged isn't on PSN
lite version is the only way to get it digitally :(

Man, can't believe Rock Band Unplugged is no longer on the store. Anyway to get a digital copy of the game without getting the lite version?

demolitio

Sega Genesis Collection here I come.

Maybe I should finally finish Ghost of Sparta as well. Then again, I might get confused and actually think it's a Vita GOW game thanks to Ready at Dawn's technical wizardry.

anderedna

Don't hold your breath completely on a store-update though, there's always the potential this was a clerical error that Sony isn't in a position to reverse now that the whole Vita community is staring, and is merely just going to let them be downloaded without directly putting them on the Vita storefront. Besides, it's perfectly available on the web-store anyway which can then be downloaded directly to Vita through purchase history. And I hate to say it, but I loathe the PSN store interface on the Vita.

Eh, what am I kidding on that one sentence. It would be wasteful to have them downloadable but not on the storefront, Sony's not that stupid even if the Cell CPU and $599 one-two punch was a thing. Still slightly confused on why this massive update happened with no real announcement and even one of the major execs out of the loop.

I'm hoping for any other suprises for tomorrow. Something like buy $60 and get $10 back promo. I'll gladly buy $60 worth of game, again. I don't think they will revert back either since there's no benefit for them to revert this. Backlash from Vita owners is not the thing they want atm.

Agreed with bolded sentence. Nothing indicates that this is coming, other that that weekend flash sale. Might be some testing before launch of PSV2000
or VitaTV
to the West.

Kolma

Just how bad is the lite version? I wasn't able to find much info on it.

lite version only comes with 5 songs, have to download all the rest. including the ones included with regular edition.
That said.. can't even find the DLC for it in store, is it only through the game itself?

Eusis

Nooooo...missed the "Disc only" part in the site. :(
Heh, if Powered Up (and other completely missing UMD games) were there then this would truly be too good to be true.

Although at a minimum SE could put FFI & II up! I can see licensing issues for any other games, but those two that are completely identical in other regions, and given the visuals wouldn't look much better if properly ported over? What the hell's their problem?

Just how bad is the lite version? I wasn't able to find much info on it.

Lite is garbage because there are only 5 songs in it and you have to buy the rest of the songs one by one. :(

I was still able to access the DLC through the in-game storefront as of last year. If someone wants me to confirm it I will download it.

I still remember how mad I was when they first released it on PSN during the PSP Go launch. The full version was never available digitally, only the lite version.

ibfNCyrYAK33Gl.jpg

So wait....even Motor Toon GP? @_@

fvng

I don't quite understand why so many psp games get no psn release. Crisis Core, Megaman Powered up, PoPoLoCrois (A FIRST PARTY GAME), don't get put on the store? ugh

It's just money sitting there waiting to be grabbed.

Man, now I really have to pick up a Vita one of these days (I want to but I lack the funds to justify a purchase).

I really want to play Valkyria Chronicles 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, and Portable Ops on it.

...and yea, buy VC2 people, it may be the weakest of the series, but it is still a good game.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Only problem is the memory card size. I am full, need to delete everythang...

Probably the main reason why when I get the Borderlands bundle I'll be mostly buying physical copies of games, buying digital only for PSP/online-only games and free PS+ title.

Bishop89

Has there been any changes to EU store or is this just US? Dont remember seeing phantasy star online before, might give it a shot....if its on eu store

Probably the main reason why when I get the Borderlands bundle I'll be mostly buying physical copies of games, buying digital only for PSP/online-only games and free PS+ title.

But then you'll be stuck wishing you had bought the digital versions when the Vita 2 comes out and is digital only.

(Who am I kidding? This is Sony's last handheld)

no PSP2 on the EU store :(
is valkyria chronicles 2 any good?

It's not as good as the original, but it's still pretty awesome. They went with a lighter academy atmosphere and the environments are obviously smaller, but the general mechanics are the same ie. really solid.

no PSP2 on the EU store :(

Yeah, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is an amazing SRPG, not the most difficult (At least for an SRPG veteran such as myself), but a great game none the less.

Requires a bit of dedication to get the most out of it though, but most RPGs do anyway.

Shinta

Banned

Yeah, it's really good. If you liked the first at all, 2 is for sure worth getting.

The maps are more bite-sized, and the characters are sillier. Other than that, it's just more VC. And they added about 100x more missions, and multiple new classes.

bebop242

I can't bring myself to spend over a hundred bucks on a memory card, half the price of the system...

Yeah i know how you feel, im flip flopping between ponying up for a 64gig or buying a new slim for a second vita. (stupid account bs)

Takao

Banned
I don't quite understand why so many psp games get no psn release. Crisis Core, Megaman Powered up, PoPoLoCrois (A FIRST PARTY GAME), don't get put on the store? ugh

It's just money sitting there waiting to be grabbed.

It's believed that Crisis Core has music clearance issues.
Powered Up won't pass Sony certification due to programming issues.
PoPoLoCrois isn't a first party game in North America, and Agetec's license has either expired, or never included digital distribution rights.

JimPanzer

Yeah, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is an amazing SRPG, not the most difficult (At least for an SRPG veteran such as myself), but a great game none the less.

Requires a bit of dedication to get the most out of it though, but most RPGs do anyway.

Yeah, it's really good. If you liked the first at all, 2 is for sure worth getting.

The maps are more bite-sized, and the characters are sillier. Other than that, it's just more VC. And they added about 100x more missions, and multiple new classes.

It's not as good as the original, but it's still pretty awesome. They went with a lighter academy atmosphere and the environments are obviously smaller, but the general mechanics are the same ie. really solid.

thanks! do I need to play the first one? don't own a PS3 :(

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If anyone is on the fence about Rock Band Unplugged Lite after seeing the selection of DLC on the web store, there's a lot more in the in-game store. Full list is on Wikipedia.

My Vita might have just become a dedicated RBU machine.

Edgeward

It is such a pain in the ass to go through my download history to find the shit to download. Sony needs to fix this ASAP

Top Bottom