• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

fvng

PoPoLoCrois isn't a first party game in North America, and Agetec's license has either expired, or never included digital distribution rights.

It's a first party game, the fact that Agetec took the risk on localizing it here doesn't change ownership of the IP. Same as Rule of Rose and Demon's Souls, Atlus localized both because Sony passed on it, but they're still first party games.

I'm sure Agetec's license expired like you said, which means Sony would probably have to translate it all over again if Agetec isn't interested in renewing that license.

No PSP game back then included digital distribution rights. I'm sure when those licenses get renewed it's strictly for digital distribution since they're not pressing new UMDs

Kolma

If anyone is on the fence about Rock Band Unplugged Lite after seeing the selection of DLC on the web store, there's a lot more in the in-game store. Full list is on Wikipedia.

My Vita might have just become a dedicated RBU machine.

I would like to note that toxicity has been removed from RBU either earlier this year or late last year along with all the System of a Down songs on RB123 on consoles

VanWinkle

I had to get a used PSP 1000 and Rock Band Unplugged UMD just to play that game a few months back. I used to play it constantly when the game first came out but haven't had a PSP in YEARS.

It's really unfortunate that the proper game isn't available digitally.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I would like to note that toxicity has been removed from RBU either earlier this year or late last year along with all the System of a Down songs on RB123 on consoles

Toxicity is gone, but for some reason Chop Suey is still available.

Is it $2 per song though? Maybe down the road.
Yep. Bit of a bummer, but I don't have my PS2 hooked up and haven't gotten my Frequency fix in ages. Feels good to be back.

Shinta

Banned
thanks! do I need to play the first one? don't own a PS3 :(

It would help to play the first one first. But you can still enjoy it without it I'm sure just primarily for the gameplay.

There are maybe some story elements that might seem strange, but they're not complex.

sajj316

Now I just need an option to play PSP games in original resolution, just like there is for PSOne games. Please Sony!! You are almost there!

dolabla

The Motorstorm Arctic Edge demo has some audio issues. The menu music/sound effects work fine, but the music/sound effects in game don't work. It's just pure silence.

If anybody has the game, how is the actual full game working? I was thinking of buying it, but don't want it if there's gonna be audio issues.

Kolma

Now I just need an option to play PSP games in original resolution, just like there is for PSOne games. Please Sony!! You are almost there!

Vita is exacty 2x psp's resolution (for 4 times the pixel count) there is zero need for original resolution unless you want a HUGE thick border around your screen

1 psp pixel = 4 vita pixels

Here's an image showing psp to vita resolution (along with others)
Resolutions.png

The Motorstorm Arctic Edge demo has some audio issues. The menu music/sound effects work fine, but the music/sound effects in game don't work. It's just pure silence.

If anybody has the game, how is the actual full game working? I was thinking of buying it, but don't want it if there's gonna be audio issues.

Other users have had issues with some of these games while downloading other games

CLEEK

You get this by default.

The Vita's native res (960x544) is exactly 4x that of the PSP's (480x272). And the aspect ratio is the same as well. So you don't get scaling artefacts or blurring. It's just that each PSP pixel is 4 Vita pixels.

Kain

I just want CC and Type-0 T_T

I don't know why they aren't in the store, but I'm gonna asume it's S-E fault.

Oh and Legend of Dragoon for us EU peasants.

sajj316

You get this by default.

The Vita's native res (960x544) is exactly 4x that of the PSP's (480x272). And the aspect ratio is the same as well. So you don't get scaling artefacts or blurring. It's just that each PSP pixel is 4 Vita pixels.

Yes, I understand all that but still hate it. Not a fan of bilinear filtering and hate how 2D games look on it. Sorry, I'm demanding ...

Yes, I understand all that but still hate it. Not a fan of bilinear filtering and hate how 2D games look on it. Sorry, I'm demanding ...

I totally get what you mean. I leave the filter off and some games pixels are a tad but bigger than I'd like. But it still looks fantastic. So sharp and crisp with the filter off.

CLEEK

If it the optional bilinear filtering you don't like, turn it off. Just hold down the PS button and go into the Settings menu.

Nothings downloading though :(

I'm hoping it's maybe just a demo glitch.

I just started the first race and the music is playing.

And someone mentioned in this thread or in that Crash and Spyro now work on Vita thread that they had did a few races and the music worked.

I like this a lot more than the RC MotorStorm.

It's pretty much exactly like playing on a PSP with a bigger screen. Or playing 3DS games on a 3DS XL.

You probably mean playing PSP games on Vita's native resolution, but that requires emulation.

I prefer filtering off. I really love crisp pixels.

Namikaze

You know, the upside of having to go through my whole download list from 2008-->present is finding games that I forgot I bought/games I thought lost to use on my Vita.

Hello again Hammerin Hero, Crazy Taxi 1+2, Star Wars Battlefront. I'm finding tons of PS1 games I put off as well. This is amazing stuff to me.

It's pretty much exactly like playing on a PSP with a bigger screen. Or playing 3DS games on a 3DS XL.

You probably mean playing PSP games on Vita's native resolution, but that requires emulation.

He prefer the original screen because the PPI is higher (technically that's not true, but we can consider that a 4 vita pixels square = 1 psp pixel)

dolabla

I just started the first race and the music is playing.

And someone mentioned in this thread or in that Crash and Spyro now work on Vita thread that they had did a few races and the music worked.

I like this a lot more than the RC MotorStorm.

Awesome to hear! Appreciate it. Must be just a demo issue then. I liked what I played from the demo though.

JoRo

It is such a pain in the ass to go through my download history to find the shit to download. Sony needs to fix this ASAP

I've been saying this for years. I love the PlayStation brand, but what's the point of buying content if it's not easily found? Sort by content, platform, ANYTHING Sony! Please! :(

sajj316

Yes, your comparison of 3DS versus 3DSXL is correct in that it's the same image blown up on a bigger screen but with 4x the pixel space. I hated the screen quality so much that I sold my XL. I don't mind the black borders so as long as it's crisp. Again, I'm picky and like it a certain way.

Yes, your comparison of 3DS versus 3DSXL is correct in that it's the same image blown up on a bigger screen but with 4x the pixel space. I hated the screen quality so much that I sold my XL. I don't mind the black borders so as long as it's crisp. Again, I'm picky and like it a certain way.

Guess you should wait for a Vita Micro. ;)

dolabla

Extended Play finally works on Vita!
So, portable (nearly) arcade perfect ports of MK, MKII and MK3!! :D!!

Looks so better on the Vita than in the pics!! :p

Dude that is freakin badass. I never knew this even existed until now. Thanks for posting. That collection is an instant buy for me.

Damn. Haven't gone through this while threw but I take it this means that Crash Bandicoot 1-3 is now possible on North American Vitas? If so, I'm tempted to get a Vita, been putting it off for so long now.

Will I need a PS3 to download the games to first? I don't have one so am hoping I can go Vita-only route. Or can I buy online on a PC and it should appear on my download list and I can get directly on my Vita?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Will I need a PS3 to download the games to first? I don't have one so am hoping I can go Vita-only route. Or can I buy online on a PC and it should appear on my download list and I can get directly on my Vita?

So far, you buy games on the web store or through the PS3 and they're added to your download list on the Vita. The Vita store is still missing all the unsupported titles.

Top Bottom