• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Taker34

Banned
So when I buy Yugioh (PSP) from the SEN-store, it'll be available on my Vita - even if it's not listed in the PSN-store?

Football Manager Handheld 2010 finally works :)

I did download old PSP demos of the Sony NBA game. I don't know WHY but the demos for those games were fun...

With my obsession of Hearthstone right now, I downloaded my previous purchase of the Eye of Judgment. What an overlooked gem (ESPECIALLY for PS3, but great on PSP, too).

Downloading games from a long purchase history list that resets to the top after pressing download is rough, especially if there is DLC associated with it like Valkyria Chronicles II. I wish that you could search the store for these games and download it that way. But this is good news regardless!

KalBalboa

Banned
Downloading games from a long purchase history list that resets to the top after pressing download is rough, especially if there is DLC associated with it like Valkyria Chronicles II. I wish that you could search the store for these games and download it that way. But this is good news regardless!

Try using the SEN store on PC. You can scrub through a bit easier and there's a download to Vita option.

So when I buy Yugioh (PSP) from the SEN-store, it'll be available on my Vita - even if it's not listed in the PSN-store?

If it's been added then yes. It's hard to say for sure, but it's looking like nearly every PSP game on the PSN works for Vita now. If you're curious, maybe a Googling or two could surface some better certainty.

IF it works, you'd buy it, and then just go on your Vita to your download list. If I were you, I'd just wait until the PS Blog updates and potentially shows what's been added to be sure.

Taker34

Banned
If it's been added then yes. It's hard to say for sure, but it's looking like nearly every PSP game on the PSN works for Vita now. If you're curious, maybe a Googling or two could surface some better certainty.

IF it works, you'd buy it, and then just go on your Vita to your download list. If I were you, I'd just wait until the PS Blog updates and potentially shows what's been added to be sure.

Damn but I can't wait! I'll spend those 10€. #yolo

Edit: Thank Satan, it worked.

beast786

It seem sony belief in backward compatibility . Rumors of ps4 emulation for ps2/1 games and now this. Also any official statement .

Seem like this was probably e3 news.. Lack of pr for sure seem like not planned

Ludovico

Just used the SEN site to que Suikoden for download.

Praying I have ~300 MB free, but probably not :)

ALSO, I downloaded SOTN to my vita less than a week ago instead of Dracula Chronicles, seems that ones in the clear now too, awesome!

CyberChulo

Has anyone been able to get Pursuit Force Extreme Justice onto the VIta? I don't want to buy it yet if I can't transfer it from the PS3.

phantasy_star_portable_2_wxp.jpg

Not till this game works...... It isn't even on PSN anymore, but if you bought it Digital you can still download it. I want this on VITA!

I haven't messed with PS anything in a while but I just wanna know if R-Types (and Delta) are working on Vita or have they always worked and I just didn't know cause I don't have one yet?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Best stealth update ever. If Sony could only hide non-Vita compatible titles from the download list...
Yes, I don't care much about this on Vita only as long as I don't have to cycle through almost 2000 items.

I don't know why on earth I think it might be worth it but...does Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake work and will people please play with me if it does? :)

Is the MP still alive?

It's 14.99. Wish it was cross buy.

Branson

Do you guys see any potential way they could patch this up if it's a glitch? Honestly it's a 100% good thing that would be stupid to you know, not capitalize on but honestly company's can be pretty fucking stupid and be like NOPE.

Xis

Do you guys see any potential way they could patch this up if it's a glitch? Honestly it's a 100% good thing that would be stupid to you know, not capitalize on but honestly company's can be pretty fucking stupid and be like NOPE.

Nothing's impossible, but it would be very surprising. Chances are, if this were an accident, they'll just shut off the downloads again. I can't imagine them issuing a new firmware that deletes games off your Vita.

I can't decide if this is an accident or not - on the one hand, I thought some of the downloads were prevented because of licensing reasons. On the other hand, I can't believe they made the same accident in two regions simultaneously.

The biggest fear is that a lot of those old PSP demos and games are often used to install PSP custom firmware on the Vita. Then again, a lot of people were installing custom firmwares just to play games that weren't compatible with the Vita in the first place.

I can see wololo going nuts right now with possibilities right now, hah.

Kolma

Does the VITA allow this feature? If so....... happydance.gif

I don't think so.. still waiting to see which psp download I should get.
But Burnout Legends is in the lead, followed by Castlevania X Chronicles (if that's in the store), Sega Genesis Collection, or the 2 Sonic Rivals games.

is there anyway to download psp demos not on your download list? I want to try out a few before I pull the trigger.

Also please put some of these games on sale!

Zia

Puzzle Bobble 4 will be coming to PSN in the next few weeks as a PSone Classic.

Oh cool, thanks. I've been looking into getting the "definitive" version of Puzzle Bobble for awhile now but info is hard to come by. I'll have to research 4.

is there anyway to download psp demos not on your download list? I want to try out a few before I pull the trigger.

Also please put some of these games on sale!

Just "buy" them on the PC store (Add them to the cart and check out) and they'll then be on your download list. Yes, the PC store interface is terrible but it's probably better than the current PS3 store interface (such high praise).

http://store.playstation.com

If you log in with your account , it'll direct you to the appropriate regions store.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Raven77 said:
Is Valkyria Chronicles anything like the not so long ago released console / PC game XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN?
There's no real metagame to speak of, but the tactical-combat has a lot of similarities - basically it's a different evolution of classic XCom (arguably, more interesting evolution than the new XCom was).

Nice seeing all the people getting Valkyria Chronicles 2 ever since the download list update. Going on a prayer that this might finally be the rebound it deserves like what happened for VC1 after the pricedrop.

hamchan

Crash Team Racing doesn't seem to handle the suspend feature of the Vita very well, but oh well, at least I can play it.

Top Bottom