• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

canedaddy

If you have the demo for Phantasy Star Portable 2, can you buy the game? I downloaded it last night, didn't get a chance to fire it up and see if there's a "purchase full game" option.

Is it even possible to get Phantasy Star Portable 2 if it isn't on the Download list already?

I heard it was completely delisted and not purchaseable

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Even though I have PSP2, I think I may pick up a Go for $30 locally and copy my PSP2i file over and just start playing that again.

Kolma

For someone who has never played the Crash series, any advice about which one I should start with?

Crash Warped is the best from a gameplay standpoint because of analogue control and some other additions, but they're all good.

Edit: I would start with the first though. That way they'll become easier as you move on.

hamchan

For someone who has never played the Crash series, any advice about which one I should start with?

Crash 2 is the best for a pure Crash platforming experience.

Crash 1 is good to start too since it's the worst out of all of them, as long as it doesn't turn you off the series. Just know that the latter games are way better in how it feels.

Such awesome news. But where the hell is FF VII Crisis Core and KHBBS??!

C'mon Squenix...Is there any logical reason as to why these aren't available digitally? Makes no damn sense to me.

This is amazing, my Vita is finally rocking PSP2, Pacman CE & R-Type Delta! And of course on the night before Demon Gaze. Tough decision making when I get home tonight.

RytGear

Crash 2 is the best for a pure Crash platforming experience.

Crash 1 is good to start too since it's the worst out of all of them, as long as it doesn't turn you off the series. Just know that the latter games are way better in how it feels.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'm not terribly old so never had the chance to play these games as a kid so should be interesting to see with fresh eyes. Probably going to get the first one then see if I want to continue.

Not sure if this is off topic but, for those that played FF VI on SNES and PS1. Does the PS1 version have the same quality soundtrack as the SNES version? I remember playing the GBA version and noticed the soundtrack got toned down, probably because of hardware limitations.

There is something weird about this..

apparently all that vita stuff (table football, treasure park, etc) is playable on PS3, PSP, and VITA according to the store...

Allforce

Can anyone confirm that Pac Man Championship Edition is working now on Vita? It was a PS Mini release for PSP that wasn't compatible before.

MDSLKTR

having a nice backlog now, now to wait for the 64gb cards....

zrFhdUr.jpg

Sylver

Banned
The European PSP store is incredibly lacking compared to the US store!

No SNK classics/Capcom classics (just the Genesis one)
No Ghosts and Goblins Ultimate
No Castlevania the Dracula X Chronicles
No Castlevania Chronicles (PSOne)

Ugh, I might as well delete my EU account and use the Vita as a US-only machine...

Except for the Capcom Classics which have nearly always been compatible on European store I agree with this. I miss Mega Man power up too.

Do PSP demos work on vita too?

Playing Dragon Ball TAG Team demo, right now.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 is the best game ever released for the PSP, so this is great news for those of us that bought it digitally.

Allforce

Does this compatibly update only apply to games you've purchased before and are on your download list, or is any game that was previously incompatible and can be purchased as of today going to work?

Top Bottom