• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

neoflcl

Yikes! So allowing all those PSP/PSone games on Vita really was an accident? I'm so disappointed now... Even though it was too good to be true, it's pretty hard not to be kind of upset over it now that it's (possibly) over! :(

This whole thing is being handled pretty inelegantly by SCEA, goodness :p

Eusis

Maybe it's to light a fire under the butts of some of the rights holders to send the paperwork on or something
Probably more like an inverse, or the post above yours: they may've initially had it be something to opt in on, but then they changed the contracts to require Vita availability to put the foot down, and everyone signed off on that afterall. Really would figure that it's one of those cases we could legit say lazy publishers, though maybe more like apathetic publishers as they were probably busy but just didn't give a shit about ever squeezing time in to sign off on availability for some games.

EDIT: Annnd I missed everything being screwed up again. Well shit. And screw some of these publishers for dragging their feet if not being outright obstinate asses on this stuff.

Wait WTF! This has now been revoked? I was going to order a Vita this weekend for this shit. Someone mentioned not everything has gone. Are the Crash Bandicoot games still available? I only really wanted it for those. And Fghting Force.

Thanks.

RK128

Yikes! So allowing all those PSP/PSone games on Vita really was an accident? I'm so disappointed now... Even though it was too good to be true, it's pretty hard not to be kind of upset over it now that it's over! :(

This whole thing is being handled pretty inelegantly by SCEA, goodness :p

Its like they don't even care!!!!

....Sorry, I'm just really annoyed with this :(. I feel so bad; the Crash/Spryo games look so good on Vita...

Call me paranoid but i'm taking no chances! I've still got them on my download list, so I deleted a few PS+ titles that were taking up space, downloaded everything that isn't usually compatible and then disconnected my Vita from my WiFi. Good luck removing them remotely now, Sony! :D

I'm hoping it'll be a short term thing. Once Sony's put an actual statement out about it maybe i'll feel safe enough to reconnect!

Takao

Banned
Monday:
monday.jpg

Thursday:
thursday.jpg

mothball

Can we still play the stuff we downloaded already? Will they be instantly disabled if we go on PSN?

Once they're on your Vita they'll be playable forever. It's getting them on there in the first place that will be the problem. I'm not sure if you'll be able to copy them back to the Vita from a PC, either. The safest way would be to make a full memory card backup.

I knew this was too good to be true.

Megatron

Well I'm thankful for Gaf. You told me about this glitch and your speculation that it might be an error made me immediately put my games on my Vita, normally I really drag my feet at things like that. Very happy to have Crash and Spiro on my Vita. And I bought PacMan DX and put it there as well.

I wonder if this was related to the odd glitch of being able to download Vita games from online account management as PSP games.

I still have access to those PSone games. First letter of PSN name is T. Not anymore an hour later.

Hmm, just checked the EU store and Spyro trilogy and a bunch of PSOne games are still available on the market. Have they always been available?

In EU region, yes.
This is a NA region problem.

Damn, really wish I had acted on this sooner. I was able to download Brave Story, Pac-man C.E., R-Type Delta and the Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo to my Vita earlier this evening.

I was planning to setup downloads for Un Jammer Lammy, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Jeanne d'Arc and Suikoden too. But now I'll have to try dude loading them through my PS3.

Really wish I had bought all the Crash games now. =(

Jintor

I wonder if this was related to the odd glitch of being able to download Vita games from online account management as PSP games.

In EU region, yes.
This is a NA region problem.

ah, was wondering why there were mentions of games like phantasy star etc that aren't availble here at all :<

Well. I got Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Jeanne D'arc on to my Vita which were the 2 main games I was interested in. Hopefully Unjammer Lammy transfers through the PS3 (about to find out in a bit). I probably would have bit on one of the Burnouts

Those should all still be able to be transfered from a PS3. That's how I got Valkyria Chronicles 2 and I'll get Jeanne D'arc eventually. Waited on Burnouts since I can transfer from a PS3.

I just bought Twisted Metal Head On and Wipeout Pure and can't download either. Oh well, I still have a bunch of games to play that I couldn't play before.

Eusis

I think it deserves a new topic given how many of us were overjoyed with this now-apparent "glitch".

Someone should get Shu to comment on this, shit's embarrassing.
It'd just be this same conversation but divided into two topics though, certainly we're not going to be crying out for joy now in this thread. And now the topic title's been changed.

Kolma

Glad I picked up Burnout Legends and other PSP demos when I did!
People wanting Metal Gear Solid 1
Just transfer via your PS3
*regret my lack of purchase of Rock Band Unplugged Lite..

Seda

Eusis is right, no need for a second thread. Title updated and OP directs to the relevant section of the thread.

Glad I picked up Burnout Legends and other PSP demos when I did!
People wanting Metal Gear Solid 1
Just transfer via your PS3
*regret my lack of purchase of Rock Band Unplugged Lite..

Burnout Legends should be transferable by PS3 also.

Along with Def Jam NY, Tactics Ogre, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Burnout Dominator and more I'm forgetting.

I'm also kind of regretting not spending the $5 on rock band unplugged lite. Just wasn't looking forward to $2 per song.

This episode confirms that this mess of not being able to directly access the entire PSONE / PSP digital library on Vita is nothing more than licensing issues, and not technical issues on Sony's end.

This makes this cluster-fuck all the more frustrating.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This episode confirms that this mess of not being able to directly access the entire PSONE / PSP digital library on Vita is nothing more than licensing issues, and not technical issues on Sony's end.

Well the same games being available in Europe but not the US (and vice versa) made that pretty clear.

I hope most people treat this as a loophole that was slowly closed by Sony and don't get too frustrated by it. Anyone having bought a PSP game that won't download should be able to get a refund from customer support so hopefully nobody will be out of pocket.

I'd like to think Sony will do this eventually, but licensing and sub-licensing is so complex - especially in the nascent digital days of the PSP, that I doubt we'll ever get much more than we already have. I'd love for Sony to just make everything on PSOne and PSP available, and maybe PS Now gives the some incentive to try but many publishers hands will be tied.

Flandy

Eusis is right, no need for a second thread. Title updated and OP directs to the relevant section of the thread.

It should say "[NOPE] instead of "[maybe not]" imo since it seems pretty clear at this point that is isn't just a maybe

RaikuHebi

Banned

Was already known by those into the CFW scene.

Flandy

Quick everybody. Put your Vitas on ebay and sell it as "SUPER RARE VITA WITH DELISTED PSP/PS1 TITLES". Make thousands of dollars like that Flappy Bird dude

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's weird how long it takes sony to makes updates to the store. Oops like this should be able to be fixed in like hours if not minutes. Instead it takes days?

Goes without saying with GCT and Us psn updates. But they are terrible at their jobs...

So are there PSP games that literally you just can't play at all on Vita? I was under the impression that they would all play, but some you had to transfer from a PS3

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn Sony, such an accidental tease. I was hoping It would last till payday so I could pick up a number of titles I hadn't got yet, guess I wont be having my Future Cop or Command and Conquer fun this weekend.

Flandy

So are there PSP games that literally you just can't play at all on Vita? I was under the impression that they would all play, but some you had to transfer from a PS3

Some of them were already available through transfer from ps3 (Sega Collection, MGS) while others weren't available at all (Crash, Spyro, PSP2)

Lucifon

Ridiculous that this is fixed, I never got chance to take advantage of it. Just shows how it's an artificial barrier. Sony need to sort this out.

johngie

Neo Member
Wow that's bizarre. I thought something was off, since you could download PSP themes from your list (but you were met with an error message).

Huh. At least I got my Metal Gear Solid.

Tygamr

Glad I at least got some of the incompatible games on my Vita finally. Bummed out that it was ultimately a mistake... There were still more games I wanted to get (Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo). Whatever...

Top Bottom