• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's completely foreign to me. I never owned a PSP. Is it difficult to set up that workaround? Do I basically just download the Ad Hoc Party app and set up a connection through that?

Yes. Download the app, make sure your PS3 is WIRED (connected to the router directly) since the PS3 wifi needs to be open to tunnel for the PSP/titles and you're basically set.

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-take-your-psp-online-with-ad-hoc-party/

It's pretty simple to use, but obviously not popular since people wifi their PS3's. It's basically an official Sony supported "Xlink Kai" since Xlink doesn't work with OFW PSP's too well.

YESSSSSSS!!! I originally bought the damn Crash games for a recently found PSP Go (since it doesn't work on the Vita before), but now it looks like the PSP Go will go back to sleep.

I can now play all the sequels of Crash on a single device. Sucks to those who didn't bought them on the dollar sale last week though.

I have enough to get 1 $5.99 ps1 Classic right now here's what I'm thinking of getting:
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Suikoden

Any suggestion which one I should get first? I'll pick up the other 2 that didn't get pick once I have enough money again on my psn.

m@cross

I have enough to get 1 $5.99 ps1 Classic right now here's what I'm thinking of getting:
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Suikoden

Any suggestion which one I should get first? I'll pick up the other 2 that didn't get pick once I have enough money again on my psn.

Suikoden is one of the best RPGs ever made.. nuf said.

PirateKing

Lol it doesn't even matter for us Australians. We're better off with PSP UMDs as PSN is a massive rip off and thanks to Sony not letting me use my US account, I don't see any benefit from this.
Good for US region I guess.

DJ_Lae

Awesome, although I wish they were either on the store or there was actually a way to sort my download list, because it's a goddamn mess.

Managed to get the Spyros downloading.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Ok so are there psp games that can be only download on a psp or ps3 that aren't on the Vita store?

I downloaded dissidia final fantasy on my ps3 ages ago thinking of would work on Vita. It didn't then.

So when to my download list on Vita store and there it is!

rwQ6RJF.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
To those happy that they can play Pac-man CE: Did a new version of that get released where the timing of the power pellet chaining isn't completely fucked or something?

Because unless it did, the minis version of Pac-man CE is trash.

Cudder

Battle of the $15 games, wanna give one of these a try, which one would be best to have on Vita?

Resistance Retribution
GT PSP
Motorstorm Arctic Edge

All the PSP DLC can be directly downloaded too (instead of needing a PS3 transfer to install). Dissidua Duodecim just got a lot less annoying to install completely.

NolbertoS

So how does this work. I have a huge PSP physical library but never bothered to download PSP games in the PSP era. I don'y want to double dip and rebuy my own games. Does Sony let people who own physical downlaod for free or something?? Got some rare PSP games that I'm dying to play on the PS VITA.

PirateKing

So how does this work. I have a huge PSP physical library but never bothered to download PSP games in the PSP era. I don'y want to double dip and rebuy my own games. Does Sony let people who own physical downlaod for free or something?? Got some rare PSP games that I'm dying to play on the PS VITA.
You won't be able to. Even though each UMD has an individual number, they still expect you to rebuy them all.

co1onel

I little tip for MGS:pO. If you use control scheme C and then set the right analog stick to mimmick the left analog stick, then you get true analog camera control, albeit at the cost of having to use the dpad to move.

What's so great about VC2? Everyone keeps mentioning it.

Valkyria Chronicles' legendary gameplay - On a portable system. Pretty damn good SRPG once you get used to its differences to the rest of the genre.

Besides, every sale it makes is more potential to help us see VC3 localization and/or Vita port of VC3.

Holy crap. I was so happy... And then I realized I have to scroll through my download list to get to the first two Crash and Spyro games since I bought them a year and a half ago =/

God this is awesome though. The PSP has such an amazing backlog of games that were mostly overlooked, and there's a great selection of PS1 classics available as well for people who have never played them.

VITA MEANS LIFE

Valkyria Chronicles' legendary gameplay - On a portable system. Pretty damn good SRPG once you get used to its differences to the rest of the genre.

Besides, every sale it makes is more potential to help us see VC3 localization and/or Vita port of VC3.

Just downloaded the demo, played it for 5 minutes, and bought it.

Also bought suikoden 1, and Bomberman 94. A good night. :D

PirateKing

Really wish they'd have more sales on PSP games. I'd buy a ton if they were priced at $5 or less.
I bought a bundle that was discounted randomly. Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur for $7. Best purchese from PSP section so far. They need to add more PSP games and start discounting them soon.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Hopefully if this is legit official and not a glitch, then we get a PSP/PS1 sale tomorrow or in 2 weeks at the hinted vita sale.

Top Bottom