• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Cyberpunk is returning to the PS Store

DonJorginho

Banned
Animated GIF

Robins

My brother has this on Xbox One and I honestly can't believe how bad it is.

It looks worse than GTA5. Horribly grainy especially when driving. Numerous glitches and hardly any people or traffic when traveling around the map.

I can't imagine what it was like at launch.

shubik

49,99 is a good price choice I guess. Was hoping for 39,99 but I´m sure there will be a heavy discount in the coming months

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
49,99 is a good price choice I guess. Was hoping for 39,99 but I´m sure there will be a heavy discount in the coming months
EDIT: Just saw the price is different in the UK Store, £39.99 is a good price for digital only folk imo!

Last edited:
As you can easily get that down with a PSN card, and it's better than £50 for digital only users.

Physical will always be cheaper so I don't get your point.

My point is a simple one, £40 is not a good price for this game.

If you are restricted to digital only then my alternative isn’t aimed towards you, as made evident by my mentioning “disc version”. I was quoting you saying it is a good price, not replying to you on how you should play it.

Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
I hope the DLC fails hard.

Abysmal game and the fucking joke of the generation. I expect these devs will peel off to other projects long before the horses (sorry, cars) can make it from spawn in to despawn without doing something unintentionally hilarious, and waaaay before there's an allusion to a convincing city.
What

The dlc will be free. Also lmao at cryng bc the cars spawn in too close. Oh well

honestly anyone who bought the game has no right to complain. don’t pre order games. do some research before buying. Yeah fuck CDPR but ultimately it’s your own fault.

the PS4 is too weak for this game so wouldn’t recommend anyone buy it or play it right now. wait for the PS5 version to come out and wait for the free dlc. The game looks and runs great on PC so should be good on PS5/XSX too. Hopefully the DLC add some cool new features and QoL changes.

DonJorginho

Banned
My point is a simple one, £40 is not a good price for this game.

If you are restricted to digital only then my alternative isn’t aimed towards you, as made evident by my mentioning “disc version”. I was quoting you saying it is a good price, not replying to you on how you should play it.

Apologies for the confusion.
That's my fault man, didn't include everything I meant so totally understand how you perceived it!

Chukhopops

Happy to see it back and fixed to an extent that it’s playable on base consoles.

Last gen versions were an abomination and the game launched in a bad state but despite that it’s still one of my favorite games ever.

Woggleman

I quite enjoyed the game on X Box Series X but it is only worth playing on a new gen console. I don't know hot it is on PS5 and I am not about to rebuy the game to find out but I have no plans on uninstalling it on my Series X. It runs at 60FPS and the streets are filled with people.

Woggleman

It's set in a very dense urban environment that is very taxing on old systems. Despite the complaints of a dead city the actual design and art direction of Night City are very detailed. That is why it has it's problems on the old consoles and why using an SSD helps so much even on older consoles. When I played on my XBox one X before I had any new gen consoles I used an external SSD and there is a significant improvement.

I just got the game for $20 at Best Buy. I think they just said fuck it and clearanced it to clear out the stock. Figured I’d bite. I’ve been playing it a bit on Series X in performance mode, which was supposed to be 1080p/60fps I thought, but it looks higher res than 1080 to me. Maybe an update increased the res?

Regardless I’ve been liking it well enough. It’s not blowing me away but I think they really should’ve ditched last gen. Speaking of which I’m not sure if I want to wait for the next gen upgrade or not bother; I think I’ll have too much stuff to play later in the year for me to bother with the game at that point.

xrnzaaas

Holy shit dude, they're actively discouraging people from playing on base PS4. That is wild.

Yeah it's the first time I'm seeing this warning on an actual game card. Sony must still be really butthurt about the refund drama.

Woggleman

Yeah it's the first time I'm seeing this warning on an actual game card. Sony must still be really butthurt about the refund drama.
They are just covering themselves like X Box did. If people want a refund they can say don't try to say we didn't warn you.

Top Bottom