• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Cyberpunk is returning to the PS Store

Fbh

Looks like its running around 30fps now on a base ps4. Sure there are barely any npcs but hey

Damn, Cyberpunk on PS4 now officially less dystopic as overpopulation had been solved.

Also what's with the NPV variety. They seem to have cut 90% of NPC and yet at 9:05 the player runs past the same girl like 3 times in a row.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks like its running around 30fps now on a base ps4. Sure there are barely any npcs but hey

This guy's videos make me angry. Not because they don't show what they're supposed to, but because of that absolutely fucking horrific music he always uses. It's unbearable.

Yes, I could mute it, but man... And I also prefer analysis videos where they talk about what they're showing, like DF and NX.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
The hyperbole about cyberpunk is too much, I finished the game and it is fantastic, I haven't encounter more bugs than your typical UBI or EA game, actually I had more gamebreaking bugs in whatch dogs legion than Cyberpunk, I guess those game bugs video complications have harmed the game too much..... And people that haven't even played the game judge the final game based on them.....
I agree to an extent. I thought it was a great experience on Series X - I was completely addicted and impressed by how functional the combat was. Cool soundtrack too.

I think the issue lies with the expectations that were set by the developers. There were missing gameplay elements and it didn’t feel like the experience that was marketed. Also, it did run pretty damn bad on last gen consoles.

but the criticism concerning the jank was probably over blown in comparison to other games that fans seem to put up with. PlayStation took the game down because CD project forced them into giving refunds, and more than that, highlighted how poor the Sony refund policy was in the first place. They helped play up the narrative of how broken the game was and tried to use that to their advantage.

ManaByte

L33cxlt.jpg
Cyberpunk is back on the PS store
8YFWk5k.jpg

people complaing about low crowd density on the ps4 what did you expect blame sony for using a cheap cpu in the ps4 and the pro and blame MS as well you cant make anything super crazy with a mobile CPU and sub 4gb of ram.
Crowd density on pc

Also since when is sony going to give refunds for other broken AAA games that run sub 30

I'm not considering playing Cyberpunk until the current gen versions are out and tested to ensure they work properly but even with that I'm not really wanting to give CDPR my money after the way they dealt with things.

I know the game runs better on the PS5 than the original console but I'm assuming the traffic and crowds are still scaled down because you're still technically playing the PS4 version of the game?

I've been patiently waiting. Still really want to get into this game.

Luipadre

I know the game runs better on the PS5 than the original console but I'm assuming the traffic and crowds are still scaled down because you're still technically playing the PS4 version of the game?

I've been patiently waiting. Still really want to get into this game.

Its still almost as bad as it was at release. Nothing major has really changed. City is still dead.

Who in their right mind would pay $50? What the fuck? The game costed $60 7 months ago. You are making a $10 dollar discount after all these months and after all what happened and to top it all, you haven't even fixed the game?

Lmao.

base

Banned
Who in their right mind would pay $50? What the fuck? The game costed $60 7 months ago. You are making a $10 dollar discount after all these months and after all what happened and to top it all, you haven't even fixed the game?

Lmao.
They're hoping some people can't read.

Josemayuste

I think that I might have seen a similar message about the base Xbox One version?

Anyway, good news, the game is perfectly playable as it is on a PS5 since release, I have heard the same about Pro.

I have been enjoying it on PS5 since release, for about 180+ hours.

ok wow, looking at all ps videos it's clear to me CDPR does not know how to port games on the PlayStation. Witcher 3 had issues as well afaik but jesus even the PS5 has almost no npc's. what the fuck lol. It looks...creepy....and this is coming from someone who loved the game on PC...man..this sucks..

base

Banned
ok wow, looking at all ps videos it's clear to me CDPR does not know how to port games on the PlayStation. Witcher 3 had issues as well afaik but jesus even the PS5 has almost no npc's. what the fuck lol. It looks...creepy....and this is coming from someone who loved the game on PC...man..this sucks..
Xbox got the same issues, genius.

Didn't say that. Read it one more time.
Gagegolightly Durkin GIF by Paramount Network

The topic is about the PS store, and you come here, reply to my post that is in regards to the PS as is the topic saying the xbox is the same and calling me a genius, sarcastically and now you're saying you did not say "that"? Either you're a fucking idiot or you're just trolling me.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
people complaing about low crowd density on the ps4 what did you expect blame sony for using a cheap cpu in the ps4 and the pro and blame MS as well you cant make anything super crazy with a mobile CPU and sub 4gb of ram.
Crowd density on pc

Also since when is sony going to give refunds for other broken AAA games that run sub 30
The game was not pulled because of performance issues. QA done by Microsoft and Sony don't care if the game runs at 10fps, they will inform the developer but they will publish the game on the store. All they care about is that the game does not violate platform restrictions and policies, brick the hardware etc.

They pulled this game because CDPR said ask Sony for refunds. So rather than dealing with people buying and then asking for refunds if they don't like the game, they pulled it to let things cool down. Anyone who already owns the game and wanted a refund has already done that and now anyone buying the game is fully aware of any issues the game has as they make a point in telling you upfront that the game has issues and you should probably play it on PS4 Pro or PS5. You as a consumer can't turn around and ask for a refund because you were informed before hand what you were getting. It was never about the performance or bugs, it was about refunds.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Crowd density on pc

It's funny seeing those comments on YT, because I feel the exact opposite. I end up turning down crowd density because it feels like the NPCs are just a lot of them thrown together on high, and they end up repeating models & it makes the loop more obvious thus reducing immersion. Sadly they don't have enough routines so all they do is 99% just walking in a loop.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Xbox got the same issues, genius.
Not quite; BC games seem to be able to identify when they're running on a Series X versus an Xbone, but not when they're running on a PS5 versus a PS4. I think its down to the way BC is handed via the respective APIs. This lets the developer tweak settings for BC games running on the Series X if they want to, where they don't appear to have that option on PS5 unless they patch the game to make the game native. With that said... this generation is nearly a year old, there really should be a native next-gen version - even if its just to make sure both next-gen consoles have higher settings than the last-gen machines.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Gagegolightly Durkin GIF by Paramount Network

The topic is about the PS store, and you come here, reply to my post that is in regards to the PS as is the topic saying the xbox is the same and calling me a genius, sarcastically and now you're saying you did not say "that"? Either you're a fucking idiot or you're just trolling me.
Exactly, it’s for PS store and you come here and talk about performance and Witcher 3 being bad on PS4 nonsense…..anyway….

sinnergy

Not quite, Sony emulates it mostly in hardware , that’s why PS4 speeds are available. MS emulates Xbox more emulation like in software .. that’s why you can apply updated more easily as it has more available resources.

The difference is that nobody will buy those games you showed and Cyberpunk was one of the most hyped games of all time. The amount of messages and refund requests that SONY saw itself confronted with was just too much.
I know Sony aus got in a lot of shit because they switched off the refunds area on their site and once again their hired help was not aware of our laws about refunds… they did have a form but the issue was there was no communication or quick resolution of the problem so the government body that handles it got initiated with complaints….these are the same people that fined valve millions of dollars

FranXico

Not quite; BC games seem to be able to identify when they're running on a Series X versus an Xbone, but not when they're running on a PS5 versus a PS4. I think its down to the way BC is handed via the respective APIs. This lets the developer tweak settings for BC games running on the Series X if they want to, where they don't appear to have that option on PS5 unless they patch the game to make the game native. With that said... this generation is nearly a year old, there really should be a native next-gen version - even if its just to make sure both next-gen consoles have higher settings than the last-gen machines.
Yes, PS5 enhancements still depend on the PS4 SDK used. I think on Xbox, the API abstraction layer benefits BC by allowing decoupling from older SDK capabilities.

shubik

Man playing this game on the PS5 after finishing it on my base PS4 is a vastly different experience. It honestly feels like a new game. It sure is not perfect and the framerate sure as hell is not at a stable 60FPS but the game looks good and handling is drastically improved.

I played roughly 4 hours yesterday and have not experienced glitches or bugs. So besides all the rightful critique, I have to admit that in the current state Cyberpunk on PS5 is enjoyable. I really hope they can get stable 60FPS and Raytracing working on the new consoles with the Next-Gen Update. And they really have to bump up the number of cars and people on the streets.

Last edited:
Man playing this game on the PS5 after finishing it on my base PS4 is a vastly different experience. It honestly feels like a new game. It sure is not perfect and the framerate sure as hell is not at a stable 60FPS but the game looks good and handling is drastically improved.

I played roughly 4 hours yesterday and have not experienced any glitches and bugs. So besides all the rightful critique, I have to admit that in the current state Cyberpunk on PS5 is enjoyable. I really hope they can get stable 60FPS and Raytracing working on the new consoles with the Next-Gen Update. And they really have to bump up the number of cars and people on the streets.
last gen consoles are too weak for it. i played it on PC and apart from a couple bugs the game ran very well with no crashes. if anything i'd say i'm disappointed how easy my PC runs it. i was hitting 60fps no problem so enabled RTX. it dips to 40fps in a couple situations but i hardly notice it with my gsync monitor.

my problem with the game is how rushed and unfinished it feels. i'm waiting for the free DLC + paid expansions before jumping back in.

i can't wait to play it on Xbox Series X cause it should have better performance than my PC lol. so yeah the game will no doubt run really well on PS5/XSX. we're just needing gameplay fixes and QoL changes. that's the biggest issue with the game. performance is only an issue for the hardware from 2013....

It's back, but honestly buying it for PS4 or Xbox One is not recommended even by CDPR.
They are still trying to optimize it.
(in the meantime I keep waiting for the XSX version)

Flabagast

Crowd density on pc

Yes, with 1.23 performance of CP2077 on PS4 is not much worse that other cross gen games like Watch dogs, Control, metro exodus, or even valhalla on base hardware.

I mean (Exodus)
b25xQm4.png

But for some reason no one cares about performance of new games on base old gens, only for cyperbunk lol. In this case though cut backs are more severe than on other cross gen games, but it's also because the PC version of CP is pushing more demanding tech than its counterparts, so the gap is wider.

Braag

This is the only game I've played which brings my beefy PC to its knees. So no wonder they had to cut so many corners for the base consoles. Best option would have been to just release it on next gen only.
I hope they prioritize the PS5 and XSX versions now.

Last edited:

Miles708

So in 8 years of dev time they've never bothered to check or account for the specs of the machines they were releasing their commercial product on.
Got it.

Of course the game is better on pc if you just throw dumb money at components to brute-force performance. No shit.
Why do you think they generally optimize games?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I'm wondering how you can announce this and make it sound like a positive thing?
I suppose you'll just have to go with:

"Cyberpunk now available on Playstation store" and leave it at that,

Top Bottom