• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Lord Of The Rings: Return To Moria' Official Trailer

darrylgorn

Looks alright but hard to judge based on how little has been revealed so far.

Employing John Rhys-Davies was a good move though.

Really need more gameplay footage before I can gauge what to think about it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Visually the game looks like a crossgen PS2/PS3 game... Embarrassing for a 2023 title.

ttsL2Fa.jpg
8cJW6Ip.jpg
XPpdTHJ.jpg

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I like the Gollum game minus the technical issues.

Return to Moria might be okay and I'm not too worried about the graphics. But if I understand correctly it's a lot about crafting and I'm more interested in exploring and platforming.

Also this is supposed to take place in the Fourth Age so I'm not sure what the big bad is.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What I don't understand is that since many companies have the rights to Lord of the Rings, is it supposed that the owner is Warner Bros.?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
What I don't understand is that since many companies have the rights to Lord of the Rings, is it supposed that the owner is Warner Bros.?
My understanding that's only for the movies. Most of these games and other media don't claim the movies as part of their Middle Earth universe and are only inspired by it.

Mopey bloke

Someone mentioned PS2, which I imagine means it will look great and be 60 FPS. Finally a game about Dwarves that has graphics. Ross Scott will be elated.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i dont see anything wrong with the visuals, its a survival crafting game with tons of NPC and activities going around.

Sad this is not coming to PS though, PS lack alot of survival crafting games

Regginator

Looked pretty interesting initially when I thought it was some kind of strategy-ish tower defence game, but that combat segment though, sheesh...

Kerotan

If this is another Gollum the IP is getting butchered. A good concept so hopefully it's at least a 6 or 7 out of 10 and not a 3/10 like Gollum.

Feels like LOTR needs a Spiderman moment where insomniac and Sony made it big again.

They should be begging Sony and Santa Monica to make a fellowship of the ring game and make it relevant again.

This game will have up to 8-player co-op with you and other Dwarven friends fighting for survival and building bases in procedurally generated environments, so every experience is always different. Seems and looks like it will have an appeal similar to Grounded, and that sounds great to me.

Last edited:

Holammer

109dc545-ce76-4394-b371-e4f6791c599f_text.gif

Meme'ing aside, it's a fucking multiplayer survival/crafting game where players can dig & build. Add a bunch fo players on screen + monster events and it becomes impossible to plan polycounts to make it purdy like some Sony Walking simulator.
For the genre it's actually looking pretty damn solid. You have to compare it with Rust, Valheim, Conan Exiles, Grounded.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Warner already did a few Tolkien games, give Avalanche the license.
Agreed. I don't think that Warner would do anything interesting with it at this point, and I wasn't a big fan of Mordor games anyway. I'd really like to see a huge, sprawling, detailed, and atmospheric depiction of Middle-Earth in an action role-playing game form. That's like my dream game right now.

KXVXII9X

109dc545-ce76-4394-b371-e4f6791c599f_text.gif

Meme'ing aside, it's a fucking multiplayer survival/crafting game where players can dig & build. Add a bunch fo players on screen + monster events and it becomes impossible to plan polycounts to make it purdy like some Sony Walking simulator.
For the genre it's actually looking pretty damn solid. You have to compare it with Rust, Valheim, Conan Exiles, Grounded.
Grounded looks LEAGUES better though. We are on XSX/S and PS5 consoles now. I don't think it is too much to expect games to look slightly better than PS3 games, even when they are survival based.

Some of the geometry and textures in one screenshots looks like something from PS2. We are three generations ahead of that.

Zelda TotK also has some survival mechanics with actual physics and it looks much better on dates mobile hardware. The Tomorrow Children, Minecraft RTX mode, and even Dragon Quest Builders 2 look better as well.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m praying the new mmo won’t be total shit because this is caca.

Top Bottom