• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord Psyduck's Borderlands 2 Livestream [Over]

ram

thats painful to watch - WTF! at least they could show the presentation and not some lame q&a session.

FAIL

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Khezu said:
So online split screen and actual trading? That's helpful.
New game+
Did borderlands 1 not have that? I forgot.

1 had New Game+....remember Playthrough 1 & Playthrough 2

ReaperXL7

lol! what the fuck is this? he's doing bill cosby impressions!? has 2k lost thier damn minds?? biggest troll in a long while.

Artadius

240x7kk.jpg

darknemus

Some of you people have expectations way too high, sometimes. These guys are obviously proud of their work and are talking it up. I agree the lack of direct feed footage sucks but at least recognize the pride they're taking into their product. They're reaching out to a viewing audience of 4,500 or so - its not like they're doing this for hundreds of thousands of people. Just take it for what it is and enjoy it, or, of course, kill the stream - that's an option, too.

The Cosby impression was beyond hokey - but you know what.. sometimes, hokey can be good. Please don't tell me you didn't find some of the Scooter interactions in Borderlands a bit cheesy, too.

GraveRobberX

Do they know this is being streamed?

Wow, they are doing some of the lamest jokes, lore answering, magical ponies (Pony-GAF beacon activated), WAT!?!

ReaperXL7

This is a train wreck, bill cosby, invisible pony rides, the worst possible people talking about the game, answering the dumbest possible question, it's just all like some crazy nightmare I had back when i used to do LSD.

darknemus said:
Some of you people have expectations way too high, sometimes. These guys are obviously proud of their work and are talking it up. I agree the lack of direct feed footage sucks but at least recognize the pride they're taking into their product. They're reaching out to a viewing audience of 4,500 or so - its not like they're doing this for hundreds of thousands of people. Just take it for what it is and enjoy it, or, of course, kill the stream - that's an option, too.

The Cosby impression was beyond hokey - but you know what.. sometimes, hokey can be good. Please don't tell me you didn't find some of the Scooter interactions in Borderlands a bit cheesy, too.
If they had said livestream of Q&A session no video, then nobody would be pisses, it's the fact that a livestream of a videogame carries an expectation if actual game footage

Salih

Also the game looks beautiful. A big step up from Borderlands 1. The Snow Mountains are gorgeous to look at.

i don't know if you guys knew but you don't need to reload your weapons. You just throw them on your enemies like grenades and then your weapon regenerates in your hands with full clip of ammo.

...and there are some crazy boss battles too.

GraveRobberX

This is like 3 dudes in their basement yapping away about highlights about cool things they are doing/saw

I'm done >_<

They're done......

Good Job, now I'm going to go out of my way to not buy Borderlands 2

Natiko

Banned
Well, that was pointless and devoid of new info. I guess they want to save the demo for people who attend the events they'll be at. A shame for all of us who, you know, don't live remotely close to any of these places..

Artadius

Their reaction there at the end kind of sounded like they knew this was going to be a trainwreck. I wonder if they originally had planned on showing a live feed actual demonstration but the reason for the delay this morning was because there was a last minute pull of that...

2K might have not been comfortable with them showing so much this early for who knows what reason.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Artadius said:
Their reaction there at the end kind of sounded like they knew this was going to be a trainwreck. I wonder if they originally had planned on showing a live feed actual demonstration but the reason for the delay this morning was because there was a last minute pull of that...

2K might have not been comfortable with them showing so much this early for who knows what reason.
You're not supposed to show much of your game when it's in Game Informer for the first month.

Highlights of the Game

Improved AI ( yes)
Invisible Ponies that talk like Bill Cosby ( Maybe)
More Weapons, Yes
Large #/ Diverse enemy types, Yes
Longer Storyline Gameplay, Sort of.
Improved Tactics and Customization, Yes
Vehicles, Yes

That is all I gather from that.

PaNaMa

Banned
akskiller said:
That live demo was so realistic.

Yes, I come away from this demonstration feeling well informed and totally hyped for Borderlands 2 by both the fantastic design insight and exciting new gameplay footage.
Well done, Gearbox!

Cth

I'm still playing the original, so I don't know all the spoilers, but here's the relevant info I grabbed from the stream.

- Game is set 5 years after Borderlands

- Dual wielding class (named Gunzerker) in shown in the 2 second demo
(He can dual wield ANYTHING when activating his power-- rocket launcher and sniper gun, etc -- no limit)

- The original vault hunters were captured by Handsome Jack (who claims to have opened the vault) and is now in the process of cleansing the planet of vault hunters. You meet up with the original vault hunters to stop him. Original vault hunters are npcs now.

- The AI is smarter, you'll need tactics to navigate the battlefield. Multiple AI taking on each other, you need to figure out who to support? Robots will heal one another, etc.

- Maya is the new Siren; All Sirens are unique, this one has no phasewalking

- Handsome Jack took over Hyperion, repurposed it as a war machine to cleanse the planet

- 4 New characters available.

- New Game+

- Lots of new Environments: Gracelands, Artic Tundra, Desert, (can't reveal more)

- Splitscreen improved (online splitscreen?)

- Actual Trading (between players?)

- Vehicles may get two control methods (Halo style and straight controls); Enemies can bounce off vehicles when rammed(?)

GraveRobberX

Did anyone even screen grab a part?

I was trying to print screen at least once, but the camera moved so fast away.....

ReaperXL7

lol at the end one of them actually says " sorry for wasting your time." I think that kind of proves that they got shafted somehow probably by 2k, I don't blame Gearbox for that, you can tell those guy were not ready to wing it like they obviously had to.

Still it was a disaster and might have done more harm than any good to alot of peoples opinons

Salih

Cth said:
- Dual wielding class (named Berserker) in shown in the 2 second demo
(He can dual wield ANYTHING -- rocket launcher and sniper gun, etc -- no limit)

class is called 'Gunzerker'. And he can't dual wield the whole time - only if he activates his special power for a short period of time.

DGRE

Banned
Wishing that we had a Jeff Green liveblog to make it instantly enjoyable.

Does anyone remember how glorious his commentary was of the original borderlands presser years ago?

For those who didn't have the pleasure of enjoying this in real time, you can thank me later:
Take 2 E3 2008 Liveblog

bj00rn_

Banned
I really think these guys tried their hardest (Maybe too hard..) to make the best out of "the situation", so they're cool in my eyes. Some higher-ups at Gearbox should be beheaded though :)

Edit: I take it back, it was the fucking VP of marketing sitting there..

GraveRobberX said:
1 had New Game+....remember Playthrough 1 & Playthrough 2
Also after beating the final boss in playthrough 2 it becomes a kind of playthrough 2.5. All the enemies after that point get stronger and there's a new tier for enemies (super badass or something like that).

I've probably played over a hundred our of Borderlands and I couldn't be more excited for the sequel. :D

Top Bottom