• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| Not that one. The other one.

stickkidsam

3prMGxt.jpg

GMUh5TS.gif

Overview
Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new, epic RPG adventure in a vast, interconnected world more than five times larger than the original game.

After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?

Dare to Hope.

Explore A Vast, Interconnected World
Journey across two expansive, parallel worlds in your epic quest to overthrow Adyr.
While the living realm presents its own brutal challenges, untold terrors lurk in the nightmarish realm of the dead.

u1hXEwh.gif

Define Your Own Legend

Fully customise your character’s appearance from a wide array of visual options, before selecting
one of nine character classes. Whichever starting path you take, develop your character to your own playstyle by
upgradingstats, weapons, armour and spells. Choose from 9 starting character
classes, including Knight, Rogue and Fire Apprentice

k0TaNJ9.png
dGlxTbt.png

Re3fekA.png
rnO5PgX.png

u8tjJ56.png
HFZHIGI.png

r9jxPs4.png
f3FOhgV.png

lHIHM0k.png

Unite or Fight in Online Multiplayer

Experience the expansive, single player campaign alone, or invite a second player
to join your adventure in uninterrupted, online co-op. But be warned - heroes from other realms can, and will invade.

PJrD2Dv.gif

Wield a Device of Ungodly Power

Your lantern possesses the ungodly power
to cross between worlds. Use this dark art to reach forgotten places, unearth
fabled treasures, and even manipulate the very soul of your foe.

GSIqCwG.gif

Rise from Death

Fall in the world of the living, and rise again… in the world of the dead.
You now have one final chance to return to your living state, as all manner of hellish creature descends upon you.

nyvf6On.gif

vrzXCFe.jpg

Launching October 13th, 2023 on Xbox Series, PS5, and PC

UFeg8Ye.png

Collector's Edition $250 USD Deluxe Edition $79.99 USD
v0N8hwA.jpg
mUF1Z1u.jpg

LDHWlkg.png

MEDIA

6id5qKu.jpg
Ys62iBH.jpg

FlkBBDD.jpg
SOj34ku.jpg

gMZvDbi.jpg
2c2ieEK.jpg

IfegC7H.jpg
OFyMkGu.jpg
scOkh5F.jpg

R9oeRWn.jpg

🥂 OT title suggested by FunkMiller FunkMiller 🥂
Thanks to everyone that jumped into the title thread!​

GymWolf

I think that i'm just gonna finish lop and spidey 2 and wait for 1-2 performance patches for this one.

Have fun with the game folks :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Damn, that's exactly the name that I thought about for the OT thread but I didn't bother posting it in the other thread because I thought it would be too obvious, lol.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lmao, the pvp in this game:

- Extreme rubber banding, both the horst and invader get locked at 30 FPS
- Progression on coop sessions doesn't carry over for the person summoned.
- If you are invaded, the guy can fucking kill the NPCs in your game and brick questlines.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Lmao, the pvp in this game:

- Extreme rubber banding, both the horst and invader get locked at 30 FPS
- Progression on coop sessions doesn't carry over for the person summoned.
- If you are invaded, the guy can fucking kill the NPCs in your game and brick questlines.
-Experiences on network stability seem pretty mixed but I’ve heard the recent patch has done some good work.
-Yeah souls has this trouble too. I think it’s hard not to though since they’ve got so many branching quest lines.
-holy shit lmao

That last bit is going to be REALLY interesting to watch play out. Hopefully there are more ways of dealing with invaders and their consequences because this is SPICY.

DavidGzz

So, one of IGN's criticisms is that the bosses are easy yet when I watched Souls vets play the demo they died so many times. Every time the reviewer said the bosses were easy, he was showing a clip of him and a friend playing co-op against them. Well, no shit. They are easy in Co-op in most Souls bosses as well.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Condemned class looks tight. Using a bucket of shit and piss to fight is awesome.

I’ll probably go ranger though lol. Love me that Bloodborne style outfit.

Arsic

Quick impressions:

Nice character creator

Cut scenes are whack…

loading screens just to rest at this games versions of a campfire…

Enemies don’t react to spear hits?

Not a fan of the first boss not even being something I can damage. Just stand and die is lame.

Too many mechanics thrown at you within 15 minutes of the game

Umbral lamp initially coming off as a chore

Edit for a few more:

Had an enemy flat out attack me and its blade go through me— I took no damage . I wasn’t rolling blocking or parrying.

I had an enemy chase me forever and a half. I end up in umbral for 5+ mins, go back to axiom , and he’s still fucking chasing me. :/

Knocked down an enemy with an item on it off a hanging tree. Prior to knock off audio sound was of a rope swinging from a tree as it should be. Knock it down and the same sound is here even though there’s nothing hanging anymore…

This better get good fast cuz wtf are people smoking giving this 8+ scores.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Yeah, I wonder if anyone will manage to kill that first boss anytime soon. Seems like the most OP tutorial boss yet besides Dragon God lol

Arsic

Heaven forbid hitting X would let you pick up souls instead of standing around like an asshole with your thumb up your ass. Or when you do you are locked into 3-5 seconds of more thumb ass so you can’t do anything.

Basically if you die in a boss room you aren’t going to be able to pick those back up due to the awful design decisions made here and canned animations for days.

First major boss says it best:

“A poor substitute indeed”

farmerboy

Quick boot up to have a look and first cutscene looked washed out and what looks like low bitrate colour grading.

Any info on whether there's some HDR issues on PS5? First game where I've had this problem.

Arsic

I may pick this back up tomorrow but Pieta the first boss will be where most abandon this game. Not due to difficulty — she’s pretty tame for your first real boss.

People will be exiting in droves because everything wrong about this games gameplay will be magnified so much. I’ve had drops and lag/stutter in performance mode on ps5 with this boss . I’ve had camera go fuck itself multiple times. I’ve had my character be 20 feet away from a move and the hit box still connects cuz why not . I’ve had moves connect and not count for damage for both me and the boss. To top it off dying into umbral is just so fucking annoying and a tempo killer.

It baffles the mind how any of this made it past alpha testing or internal play sessions.

stickkidsam

Just finished playing a couple hours of co op with my brother (on PS5) and I gotta say: I’m pretty stoked to see what is in store.

It’s janky for sure, but the foundation is there both for fun combat and an interesting story with a cool world to explore. I will say that while there were minor network hiccups it all ran fairly well. Except quality mode. Quality mode is not ready yet lol

Gonna have to post some proper impressions tomorrow. It’s off to the umbral realm for me.

DavidGzz

Well shit, glad I didn't double dip to play early like I did with DS3 since it was out earlier on PS4 cause I hear the XSX version is even worse. I hope they can patch it up promptly.

Zheph

Damn the feedback is all over the place, even worst than the reviews

Is there more comms from the dev so far? I am not on Twitter

Top Bottom