• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Full Recovery said:
I doubt any of them are ever going back. Unless that box really is large enough to think up a new submarine.

They could all go into the wheel room from the Orchid, and start turning the wheel together. They'll move the island and bam, free trip to Tunisia!

Solo

I can say with 100% certainty that, with gdt back and Speeding around and the initial hype of the premiere gone, this will be the only LOST S6 thread that I will have the most posts in :lol

gdt

Solo said:
I can say with 100% certainty that, with gdt back and Speeding around and the initial hype of the premiere gone, this will be the only LOST S6 thread that I will have the most posts in :lol

Hopefully you come in #3. I believe in you.

Edit: I think there'll be more hype around the finale. Well thats more of a duh, though.

I'm sure someone has a good theory somewhere back on page Godknowswhat, but can someone explain why Desmond was on the flight in the ALT reality, when he was always in the Hatch at that time?

Solo said:

Do you run a podcast about Lost? There's a guy who does and he goes by the name "Solo." Is that you?

Solo

gdt5016 said:
Hopefully you come in #3. I believe in you.

Depends. Im more apt to have more posts if S6 takes some S5-esque turns and draws out my venom :lol

FleckSplat said:
Do you run a podcast about Lost? There's a guy who does and he goes by the name "Solo." Is that you?

Nope. Dont listen to podcasts, and most certainly do not make them. Doppelganger total.

Solo

MarkMclovin said:
I'm sure someone has a good theory somewhere back on page Godknowswhat, but can someone explain why Desmond was on the flight in the ALT reality, when he was always in the Hatch at that time?

His conscious is jumping around like in The Constant. He will be the one to unify 2004X and 2007. BELIEVE.

gdt

Only podcast I listen to is the Lindelcuse one. They're so awesome, and give lots of cool background info. And I like when they talk about the writing process, actors, editing, how the put together certain scenes, stuff left out of the episode, etc etc etc.

Fan podcasts....we kind of do that here, no?

duckroll

MarkMclovin said:

No island = no hatch = Desmond is not in the hatch.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm surprised I'm actually pretty far up regarding post count in this thread :lol . Oh well, I told you guys in my LTTP:Lost thread that I was going to be happy keeping up with L6 threads :D.

gdt5016 said:
Only podcast I listen to is the Lindelcuse one. They're so awesome, and give lots of cool background info. And I like when they talk about the writing process, actors, editing, how the put together certain scenes, stuff left out of the episode, etc etc etc.

Fan podcasts....we kind of do that here, no?
Did you check out Jorge Garcia's Lost podcast? I enjoyed it.

Nameless

I listened to a few podcast to help the hiatus go by, but since the premiere I've had no desire to listen to any of them.

Anyway thread was epic, a small taste of what the finale will bring. This has been the most active I've been on GAF in a looooooong time. 178 post is pretty surprising since I didn't elevate my post count to much with OMGs and Holy shits during the episode.

Flipyap

This is the first time I stuck my head in a NeoGAF Lost thread and boy, this thread sure moves fast, but I managed to sort of catch up.
So yes: hello, Lost threads. I should be sticking around for the rest of the season, hopefully this will help me smoothly adjust to going back to a Lostless life in late May (oh god, I'm so afraid).

Yaweee

I'm shocked that I'm not even in the top twenty posters in the thread (number 21 after this post). There weren't nearly as many regular posters last year.

EliCash said:
How do you check how many posts you've had in the thread? Not that I'll be anywhere near the top :lol Most of my posts have been here though I think

On the list of OT topics, click on the number of posts in the thread. It will show you a full list of posts per user.

EliCash

How do you check how many posts you've had in the thread? Not that I'll be anywhere near the top :lol Most of my posts have been here though I think

Solo

EliCash said:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 7,035
User Name Posts
Solo 377
SpeedingUptoStop 343
BenjaminBirdie 197
TheGreatDave 193
Nameless 178
threenote 176
Blader5489 175
neoism 158
Catalix 143
MMaRsu 132
beelzebozo 132
Full Recovery 131
EliCash 114

FleckSplat said:
I read an interesting speculative theory about the final outcome of Lost on the Eye M Sick blog. Not spoilers, just end-game speculation from someone who's been very accurate with predictions in the past.

Aaron and Ji-Yeong will be the next Adam and Eve to live on the island and will be married in 2030, before the Valenzetti Equation can take effect in 2031. (2004 + 27 years till destruction = 2031)
Are you sure the Valenzetti equation is canon? What does "destruction" even mean, Armageddon? And why does there need to be another Adam and Eve? We're still waiting for the importance of the first ones. It makes zero sense.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
Its CBS. No one will know he was on LOST. The target demo is old farts.
You know you're gonna watch it, dude. YOU KNOW.

Solo said:
"Solo...

200905_lost_jack_0507-thumb-433x261.jpg

Yeah. Yeah, I know him. And if I were you, I wouldn't give up on him."

EliCash

ah, thanks.

lucky number 13. How 'bout that?

I think I'm going to watch What Kate Did today. Not watched it in a while.

Even although I have an essay to do, but I don't even care.

2nc3r0z.gif

SpeedingUptoStop

EliCash said:
ah, thanks.

lucky number 13. How 'bout that?

I think I'm going to watch What Kate Did today. Not watched it in a while.

Even although I have an essay to do, but I don't even care.
Bit of a weird episode. I don't expect we'll ever get answer as to why Wayne was seemingly possessing Sawyer.

It does have Eko's first big badass speech to locke tho.

SpeedingUptoStop

This episode marks the first time in the series where Jin and Locke exchange dialogue. The next time they would speak to each other wouldn't be until season five in "This Place Is Death".

Whoa shit:lol :lol Locke and Jin have only talked to eachother like, twice in the 3+ years they knew of eachother.

Buckethead said:
Some of those pictures remind me: I need to get laid. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also Yunjin Kim needs to eat something. I'm down with the thin girls but c'mon.

She's not anorexic. She's just thin. What's the problem here?

Nameless

Solo said:
Yes :lol Full time, lolz

How productive Ive been this past week might be another matter :lol

No kidding. :lol Browsing on my job's network so heavily filtered that there's not even a point in doing it. I could only imagine how little I would get done if I weren't confined to iPhone surfing at work.

ChoklitReign said:
Are you sure the Valenzetti equation is canon? What does "destruction" even mean, Armageddon? And why does there need to be another Adam and Eve? We're still waiting for the importance of the first ones. It makes zero sense.

Good point. Just thought it was interesting.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Whoa shit:lol :lol Locke and Jin have only talked to eachother like, twice in the 3+ years they knew of eachother.
I imagine stuff like this is more common than we realise. I remember reading an interview with Michael Emmerson where he talks about all the cast members he hasn't worked with and he literally only see's them at parties and stuff. I think Jin was one of them. Desmond and Claire too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ChoklitReign said:

not sure how canon it is, but "destruction" could be meant to involve the ending of one reality, because it was changed and evolved into something different, like what happened during the Incident.

SpeedingUptoStop

Lonestar said:
not sure how canon it is, but "destruction" could be meant to involve the ending of one reality, because it was changed and evolved into something different, like what happened during the Incident.
avy2.jpg

Oh shit...you may be onto something.

Calcaneus

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Jin is easily the most underused main character on the show. Its weird, but the more English he learned, the less presence he had on the show :lol

gdt

Can't wait for the Sun/Jin meetup (thats right...I'm a Junner).

If only for her face when she hears him talk :lol .

Yaweee

Lonestar said:

Woah. Without the island, they were unable to do any of their research, hence the end of the world.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SpeedingUptoStop said:
avy2.jpg

Oh shit...you may be onto something.

I mean, think about it, they're showing 2 realities now. How is the "old one" still going on? I assume, because the island is able to keep that reality going on, inside it's borders. Who knows, the original world outside the island might be gone (for now). No more Aaron, Ji Yeon, Young Charlie.

Xrenity

Yaweee said:
Woah. Without the island, they were unable to do any of their research, hence the end of the world.
Ha, and Damon/Carlton have said they'd look at how the world has changed.

Jack and co have only thought about what would happen to them instead of the whole world.

The whole world might be blowing up now. But at least they're of the island.

I can't see how we are viewing it as an ALT reality as the island does exist, only it's underwater. We seen that in the shitty CGI with the others houses and stone foot.

Surely what we are seeing is what would have happened, if the plane didn't crash, 30(?) years after the bomb went off and what happened after the plane had crashed.

Man, I can't see how they are going to join this up. I wouldn't be surprised if we've already seen the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom