• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Lost", 11/10/2004, ABC 8:00 EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Tune in!

TV Guide Episode Description:

"Confidence Man". When Shannon suffers an asthma attack, Jack and Sayid resort to brutality to convince Sawyer to share the life-saving medicine he is hoarding.

And I may miss it because of local station tornado coverage. Wee!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Missed last weeks because the station broadcast sports over it. Missing tonights because of work =/

Archaix said:
15 minutes in and the episode centered on Sawyer is horrible.

I'm totally shocked. Really, I am.

More like this is the best episode yet, and is totally hardcore. Sawyer is an excellent character.

Phoenix

This show continues to kick more ass than most other shows on TV combined.

Can't wait to see Sayed's episode next week.

Socreges

Banned
I really liked that episode. No developments on the island itself, unfortunately.

My thoughts on who hit Sayid:
Everything points to Locke. Not hints, but just his character and how he interprets the island. It almost seems TOO obvious.

Evangeline Lilly (Kate) will be on The Late Show for Friday, btw. I doubt I'll remember or be home, but for anyone interested.

pnjtony

the next few episodes with belong to
sayid
claire
jack
kate
boone

yeah, in that order.

Sayid was badass, but he's feeling guilty now. Locke's character is niether good nor bad, he just is. But we did see quite a bit of manipulation from him tonight. "Sawyer's" life sucked, but he's still an ass. Charlie was very sweet and i'm sure he'll be making claire a cavebaby nursery soon enough.

pnjtony said:
the next few episodes with belong to
sayid
claire
jack
kate
boone

yeah, in that order.

Is that just a guess, or is that the official word? There have already been Jack and Kate episodes ... and there's got to be a Michael episode sometime. Maybe Rose (the woman who lost her husband in the crash) sometime, too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Did Jin not hear Sun talking to Michael? He wasn't exactly far away.

I wonder when/if we'll see Rose again... she hasn't been seen since Jack saw his father from the beach right? I can't really remember what the last thing that happened with her was, besides saying Jack didn't need to worry about her.

And I'm looking over the IMDB cast list, and I find it intriguing that Claire (Emilie de Ravin) is classified as a regular guest and not a main cast member. I'm not really sure if that means anything...

I also see that "The Moth" episode had the highest viewership yet, with nearly 19 million people watching. That's pretty great.

After the Boone/Shannon episode, we get a Michael/Walt one, which brings us through the first 14 episodes.

EDIT: Yeah, the episodes are pretty much confirmed as to who they'll be focused on.

Socreges

Banned
Dan said:
I also see that "The Moth" episode had the highest viewership yet, with nearly 19 million people watching. That's pretty great.
Sweet. I don't know if that's a good number relative to other television, but the fact that ratings are increasing is always promising. Especially since it's a somewhat difficult show to get into unless you know what's going on. Let's hope it keeps up. There needs to be a second season.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It was 9th in ratings for the week, but 6th in viewership, which I guess means while it had less households than a couple shows, it had more people in those households watching. So, it's doing pretty damned well.

I'm rather surprised at the broad appeal. My mom and I don't watch any of the same programs really, but she's been watching just about every week, and when she's missed it she calls me up to get the scoop. Seems like it's bringing in people for different reasons, and they're getting hooked one way or another. Looks like it'll hold up really well through the season.

cubanb

Banned
was the korean dude mad cause his wife was socializing with other people OR did her hear he talking english? i wasnt clear on if he arrived in enough time to hear her speaking english.

Fifty

It wasn't stated, but they would have made a bigger deal out if it if he had found out that she was talking to him in english....Therefore he was just pissed at her for socializing with the others.

Bah, I didn't like the episode too much. They tried to make Sawyer sympathtic or something, but they failed miserably, the guy is still a dick, I think the whole kiss thing was pretty stupid (not to mention a bit nausiating, I really don't think they need to mic up the sloshly sound of saliva that much), and Sawyer is a horrible actor when he was trying to be serious, he needs to stick to assholeness.

When Charlie did the peanut butter thing, did no one immeadiatly think of Hook?

madara

Crap I freaking out! today is thursday I missed this. But has encore showing , right? right?
Tell me I right P or going cry, like it plays again in weekends doesnt it?

Anyone else notice that
we never found out for sure why Sawyer was on the plane (unless I missed something :p)? In all the other episodes, we found out why the corresponding character had been on the plane - Kate was being deported, Charlie was returning from visiting his brother, Locke was being kicked off his walkabout, etc.

Think we'll find out in a future episode? Maybe they're saving something interesting. OK, I suppose Sawyer was probably just fleeing the guy to whom he owed all that money, but what if he was traveling because he'd finally found the real Sawyer (the one that scammed his parents)? That might explain why he had the letter in his possession - he was going to give it to the real Sawyer like he'd always said he would.

Tortfeasor

Greenpanda said:
Anyone else notice that
we never found out for sure why Sawyer was on the plane (unless I missed something :p)? In all the other episodes, we found out why the corresponding character had been on the plane - Kate was being deported, Charlie was returning from visiting his brother, Locke was being kicked off his walkabout, etc.

Think we'll find out in a future episode? Maybe they're saving something interesting. OK, I suppose Sawyer was probably just fleeing the guy to whom he owed all that money, but what if he was traveling because he'd finally found the real Sawyer (the one that scammed his parents)? That might explain why he had the letter in his possession - he was going to give it to the real Sawyer like he'd always said he would.

or maybe he wasn't on the plane at all

DaveH

Greenpanda said:
Anyone else notice that

They didn't spell it out but...
I thought it was pretty obvious. He left not only the mark's money but the money he borrowed from the black guy playing pool. He was going to be held accountable for that. So it seemed like an ideal time to disappear... maybe bounce around the world a few times so that a motivated man looking for his $160K-worth of revenge doesn't find you.

demi

Cyan said:
What about Hurley, dude?

What's there to talk about? The fact that he's fat? Most of his flashbacks will be weight-related at best. Ooo big character development!

Hurley is hot fhuta!

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
DaveH said:
They didn't spell it out but...
I thought it was pretty obvious. He left not only the mark's money but the money he borrowed from the black guy playing pool. He was going to be held accountable for that. So it seemed like an ideal time to disappear... maybe bounce around the world a few times so that a motivated man looking for his $160K-worth of revenge doesn't find you.

I thought the guy he
burrowed the money from was the real sawyer. And he was the victim of both his parents being killed when he was a child.

DaveH

Poody said:
I thought the guy he
burrowed the money from was the real sawyer. And he was the victim of both his parents being killed when he was a child.

We never see the real Sawyer. The real Sawyer screwed "Sawyer's" family when "Sawyer" was a little boy. "Sawyer" spent his life looking for the real Sawyer, but turned con-man at the age of 19.

The flashback was of "Sawyer" doing the last of what was probably many cons. He saw the boy, remembered himself, and abandoned the con. Leaving the family's money, the boy relatively unscarred- hopefully, and the black man's money. That $160K lost would put "Sawyer" in a ton of trouble so he'd have to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom