• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

I *think* I was either near the end of the 3rd disc or started the 4th.
Can't remember where I left off and the thought of starting gain terrifies me.

What should I do gang?

Just boot up and roll with it?

Kuni

Oh nice LO for actual free? Like you get to keep it after?

Trying to get it through the site and it won't let my buy without a payment option. Clicking to add one takes me to the US site and I can't change the country lol. Working around it though by going to my account first and adding it separate. MS Store yay.

Also MS if you could bring the 360 emulator to PC that would be so awesome :)

Edit: Jesus that was just a painful website experience. Had to add a payment option manually. MS site redirect to Paypal kept failing so had to sign into PayPal manually on another tab. Then tried to search for LO and it found nothing. Had to get the link from here again.... I need to lie down.

Edit 2: The sage continues. Xbox site still says no payment option...

Edit 3: Gave up. What an awful experience.

Szadek

I already downloaded it for 360, will show it my gf once she is home since we were planing on buying the game anyway.

Im not a fan of JRPG's, at all but I'm going to give this a real go over the festive break and try and put as much time into it that I can.

Great gesture from MS.

Iberian

Microsoft is killing it lately. I played Lost Odiseey years ago and it's a great JRPG. I still have the discs, but having it digital is so convinent! Thanks MS.

MilkBeard

Anyway I checked and there's not an option to use Paypal on the EU Store, how can you do that?

It doesn't show up when you try to add a payment option when clicking the game. You have to add a payment manually from the microsoft account, which directs you out of the Xbox store.

It's a weird system, I don't know why it is like this.

Izuna

Banned
It doesn't show up when you try to add a payment option when clicking the game. You have to add a payment manually from the microsoft account, which directs you out of the Xbox store.

For 360, you didn't need to if you had the console. You don't need to for Xbone stuff.

It's something they fixed.

Ludens

Banned

Thanks, managed to do it and removed the payment right after.

Is Blue Dragon a rare game to find physical used copies of for cheaper than $20?

Hearing high praise from Aeana makes me interested but if it's bargain bin cheap, I rather try getting a physical copy.

I don't see it around in Toronto these days and we have a ton of indy game stores. LO was going for around $25 used. I'm sure if you find Blue Dragon it won't be too expensive.

lupinko

I have to add a credit card to get something free? That's bullshit! Is it still a pain in the ass to remove your CC from Xbox live?

Kuni

You have no valid payment options on file.

My word this is horrible. I've added both a PayPal and CC to my UK Microsoft account on the site and the above is still showing. There's a link to "change payment option" but this takes me to a Billing Address entry page that's US only. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Izuna

Banned
My word this is horrible. I've added both a PayPal and CC to my UK Microsoft account on the site and the above is still showing. There's a link to "change payment option" but this takes me to a Billing Address entry page that's US only. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

On the bottom left of the webpage, it will tell you what region the website is in.

Kuni

On the bottom left of the webpage, it will tell you what region the website is in.

Yeah tried that sadly. The Xbox Billing info page just keeps reverting to en-US... I get the impression this is some older 360 checkout system and it's not picking up my Microsoft Payment options...

Edit: Spoke with MS support. Said to try it on the console when I get back. If I were to guess it'll be something funky with the 360 backend since I've not logged into a 360 with this account. hopefully the Xbone can work magic.

Gestault

Yeah tried that sadly. The Xbox Billing info page just keeps reverting to en-US... I get the impression this is some older 360 checkout system and it's not picking up my Microsoft Payment options...

Edit: Spoke with MS support. Said to try it on the console when I get back. If I were to guess it'll be something funky with the 360 backend since I've not logged into a 360 with this account. hopefully the Xbone can work magic.

This is a general tip for sites that have trouble juggling accounts tied to different regions: Start fresh in an "incognito" tab and do the process as normal without using region-specific links. That's actually a pet peeve I have; people don't specify when it's region-specific link.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Are the cutscenes in the game really dark for anyone else?

I remember when I initially played the game on my 360 on my old 720p set, the game was pretty dark. I laughed when I went to adjust the game's brightness and it told me to adjust my TELEVISION'S brightness to make it brighter. WTF!

Now I'm encountering the same problem on an entirely different TV.

I still have fond memories of the opening of LO. That opening reveal at e3. MY JAW dropped to the floor seeing the CGI camera turn behind him and then the pop-ups came on and you were playing the GAME.

NOW that is how you do CGI into gameplay. ugh... so good..

Slime

Banned
My old 360 ate one of my Lost Odyssey discs. Was able to rent it to get past that part, but I've been wanting to replay it for years, so this is great.

Played Blue Dragon again like a year and a half ago. I want to give it third go sometime and try to not get all obsessive about Nothings and shit. :( Drives me nuts but I can't help myself.

Garlador

I still have fond memories of the opening of LO. That opening reveal at e3. MY JAW dropped to the floor seeing the CGI camera turn behind him and then the pop-ups came on and you were playing the GAME.

NOW that is how you do CGI into gameplay. ugh... so good..

lox1j0j.gif

So, sooo good.

witness

Thanks MS, very cool. Not a JRPG guy but I'll give LO a shot. I took the entire week off after Christmas so that's the perfect time while the wife is at work!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No XB1 here, but LO gives me a reason to hook my 360 back up. Always wanted to give it a shot.

(And man, looking at videos, that UI is straight up FF8, haha.)

the only thing i see happening is (MS) helping mistwalker create their Tera Battle World console game based off the ios/android game they have out now.

who knows, it might go to the switch.

Theorry

Btw now they fixed digital versions of games wich didnt had a digital version before. Wich other games can we expect now? Are there more BC games wich didnt had digital release?

Gestault

Btw now they fixed digital versions of games wich didnt had a digital version before. Wich other games can we expect now? Are there more BC games wich didnt had digital release?

Unless I missed something specific, this isn't the sort of challenge that has a universal "fix." Games that hadn't been published digitally can't just go up for sale without new arrangements between the publisher and Microsoft. It's a money agreement thing more than a technical challenge.

The 360 store is still region locked. If it's sending you to the US store that means you have a US gamertag and need to use US billing info or you can migrate your account.

https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Izuna

Banned
Are the cutscenes in the game really dark for anyone else?

I remember when I initially played the game on my 360 on my old 720p set, the game was pretty dark. I laughed when I went to adjust the game's brightness and it told me to adjust my TELEVISION'S brightness to make it brighter. WTF!

Now I'm encountering the same problem on an entirely different TV.

It's only like that in the first area.

DOOM BFG Edition...

Nairume

Banned
Excluding stuff that is available now, some of what's left in terms of multidisc games are:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Final Fantasy XIII (specifically just XIII, the other two were single disc to begin with)
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Magna Carta 2
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Star Ocean 4
Wolfenstein The New Order

There's also a few single disc games that were never released digitally either, but I guess it's harder to pin down which ones exactly.

tariniel

Can I claim the free game if I don't own an xbox? I may buy an Xbox One in the future and would like to claim it just in case and Lost Odyssey looks great.

Top Bottom