• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

Funny that I booted the game and I'm a little impressed on how well it holds up visually, while back then I didn't appreciate its looks (probably because of the bad performance)

tebunker

Banned
This is dumb, PSN doesn't require a valid payment option to buy free stuff, eff off MS.

I don't want to enter my CC anywhere, I don't put it on Paypal, and I sure as hell won't store it on anyone's server.

Can I just add one, buy it and then delete cc?

Hardvlade

This is dumb, PSN doesn't require a valid payment option to buy free stuff, eff off MS.

I don't want to enter my CC anywhere, I don't put it on Paypal, and I sure as hell won't store it on anyone's server.

afaik yes, should be able to

Theorry

Yes.
But its not needed for free stuff on xbox one games. Its just a issue they have with the 360 store and games really and credentials whats needed. Its just a downside of adding BC later and wasnt really the plan first.

MS is only doing this so they can pad the usage numbers for b/c, since no one uses it!!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

But anyways this is fantastic! I was considering buying LO for $30 CAD and I'm glad I didn't

MrFlooD

Anyone worried about adding a payment option should look into Entropay.

You can setup a free virtual prepaid visa in minutes. They visa should still work even if you don't actually add any funds.

Downloaded Lost Odyssey since my copy is back home and it'll be nice to just have it there to play whenever I feel like. Only question is Blue Dragon...I also still have my copy of that but at that price it's tempting to just get the digital version.

watdaeff4

This is why I love GAF. Thanks for the notification.

Downloading LO.

Going to hold off on Blue Dragon, hoping it goes on sale during their Christmas/end of year sale.

airborn

I cant seem to find Lost Odessey on the marketplace on my xbox 360. Can you only get it over the marketplace website?
Search for it and it will show up on the Xbox 360 console.

I'm guessing I'm not the only whose achievements for both Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are now suddenly in Japanese?

Unity2012

Im just going to say, Thank you MS, Lost Odyssey FREE (and no need to swap discs), is a great early Christmas gift to players. Downloading.

Bummblue

Neo Member
This almost makes me want to get an Xbox One. Lost Odyssey was one of my favorite RPGs from last gen.

With all the various bundles on sale now in December, I think this is going to be the best time to get an XB1 for the foreseeable future. (And of course, the 'free' LO offer ends on December 31st.)

Time to decide!

I'll just leave this here.

xgfsw63.jpg

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Awesome news! Although it's dumb that I can't "buy" a free game off the Xbox website without having a credit card on file. It'll have to wait until I can download from my 360.

Bsigg12

I hope more people give Blue Dragon a chance. It's like a new SNES FF (especially FF5). So good.

The performance increases for the Xbox One have completely changed my opinion of that game. I had a really hard time playing it on the 360.

I hope more people give Blue Dragon a chance. It's like a new SNES FF (especially FF5). So good.

Totally agree. It's basically what FF5 would be like if it were made now. I would highly recommend playing on hard to get the full expedience of the job system. (it may have been DLC).

BumRush

Is there any way to 'purchase' a free game on the MS store without adding a credit card? Basically, I don't have a One yet (or a 360 any more), but I have an account and want to grab this.

Teppic

Can I get it from PC?

Edit: You can. Got it. Already have a physical copy, but it's nice to have a digital one too.

Bsigg12

Is there any way to 'purchase' a free game on the MS store without adding a credit card? Basically, I don't have a One yet (or a 360 any more), but I have an account and want to grab this.

For 360 games no. You have to add a card or PayPal but you can remove it once you're done.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Yeah, seems like it. It might pop up on there before the month is out though, hopefully.

Well that didn't take long. It's up on the regular 360 store on the console now (in the UK at least). I already had it on disc anyway but I won't say no to a free digital copy.

JP

Well, that's a really nice surprise.

I have to be honest, I really didn't like Lost Odyssey but I enjoyed the hell out of Blue Dragon so it's the wrong free game for me. It would be wrong of me to complain about getting the wrong free stuff though. :)

On the new store, yes. But unfortunately not for 360 games.

You can add a payment method from either the app or through the website thought.

watdaeff4

Well, that's a really nice surprise.

I have to be honest, I really didn't like Lost Odyssey but I enjoyed the hell out of Blue Dragon so it's the wrong free game for me. It would be wrong of me to complain about getting the wrong free stuff though. :)

You are not complaining- it's a valid opinion

Top Bottom