• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

Izuna

Banned
So, I figure that this would be a good place to ask- I just got in on the BestBuy deal for a One S.

I have an old school 360 lying around (you know... The ones with the detachable hard drive) and I have an old save for LO on it. I would like to transfer it if possible. What's the easiest way to do this?

If you have gold, on the 360, go to storage and copy the save to cloud saves.

Head.spawn

Free for serious this time.

Can't beat that, Not even tied to XBLG or anything.

Shame you can't get it without putting in a payment option even though it's free...Good thing I have the disc version.

Can't you just add it, then remove it?

Either way, it is a silly limitation I would've thought they'd correct by now. Sony doesn't even have this bug.

So, I figure that this would be a good place to ask- I just got in on the BestBuy deal for a One S.

I have an old school 360 lying around (you know... The ones with the detachable hard drive) and I have an old save for LO on it. I would like to transfer it if possible. What's the easiest way to do this?

If you have gold, log in to XBOX Live on your 360 and copy the local save to the cloud, done

Hellraider

It's great news that games that weren't available digitally are starting to appear in that format.

Microsoft has been doing great on that front. Digital availability of 360 games has been near perfect since digital versions became a thing. It's such a shame that on the other side you have the clusterfuck that Sony's store is.

Also, yeah, we definitely need Vesperia BC next!

Can I get this on Xbox one store or do I need to do it through the marketplace website. Reason I'm asking is because i cannot access the website until 1/13/17 because I had to change my security setting yippie...don't want to be screwed out of getting this game!

Maxim726X

If you have gold, on the 360, go to storage and copy the save to cloud saves.

Well that's... Crazy easy.

Fair warning, I haven't turned on my 360 in years. I'm assuming I'll have to update for that long to get cloud saves, but it's well worth it.

Thanks.

Sillverrr

Fantastic pressie from Microsoft. This is a great way to celebrate their backwards compatibility initiative - and I didn't even need to renew my Gold to buy it!

It's really weird, because their sales are generally shit, and in many ways Microsoft still reminds me of a stingy uncle - but hey, merry xmas!

d00d3n

This may be obvious, but if you already have the disc version installed on xbox one, you can select "buy a copy" to get the digital version for free as well. The game you already have installed will now work without a disc.

mcrommert

Banned
Free for serious this time.

Can't beat that, Not even tied to XBLG or anything.

Can't you just add it, then remove it?

Either way, it is a silly limitation I would've thought they'd correct by now. Sony doesn't even have this bug.

How the 360 buy system works now is how it will work forever...too much work for no gain

crpav

Awesome to get Lost Odyssey for free but wish Blue DRagon was the free one. I have both disks but not going to dig them out and Blue Dragon at $20...NO THANKS!

Garlador

Did you play Xenoblade? Are you counting handhelds as well?
Lost Odyssey was favorite JRPG of the last console generation until Xenoblade came along.

It's still a VERY close 2nd though and was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my entire life.

I will single-handily keep this thread going by preaching the merits and value of Lost Odyssey until the free period passes (and then likely beyond, because I paid $60 for this at launch and it was worth every penny).

Everyone should download this. Even if you don't have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, you should, because it's a game worth getting a system for and it'll be waiting for you if you ever change your mind.

It scratches the old-school JRPG HARD, the music is peerless, the characters are great, the story is epic, the graphics are beautiful... it's just a joy and emotional experience from start to finish.

d00d3n

Is Lost Odyssey worth the time? I'm the classic Parent-GAF with very little time for gaming. When I'm playing (and beating) like 4 games a year, is this worth including in that list?

The game is fantastic, but look elsewhere if you have very little time for gaming. It is a 100 hour game if you do the side quests.

Cool! Am currently in the middle of my first ever playthrough of this....currently on disc 3. Just bagged it and will download and give my disc drive an easier time of it...the disc tray struggles to open sometimes so this is most welcome indeed!

Nategc20

Banned
Sweet. Time to fire up the ol' girl (360). Thanks.

I suppose this puts a damper on a remaster/Full HD version?

You mean like the Bioshock trilogy, Shadow complex, and gears of war? Those BC titles?

MS is dropping the entire 360 library pending licenses. BOOK IT. Remasters be damned.

Aaron

If you like Toriyama and old school Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon is a must have. It's not really a challenging game, but absolutely bursting with charm.

Izuna

Banned
If you like Toriyama and old school Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon is a must have. It's not really a challenging game, but absolutely bursting with charm.

There's a Hard Mode, which imo gives it some of the most solid gameplay of any JRPG

Zeta Oni

Come on MS, you know you wanna throw some money at Mistwalker and get another fantastic release from them..

Don't even care if it's a follow up to LO, just need something to scratch that itch.

Garlador

Come on MS, you know you wanna throw some money at Mistwalker and get another fantastic release from them..

Don't even care if it's a follow up to LO, just need something to scratch that itch.

image-thumb377.png

Crying on for Cry On.

BTHR Zero X

Wont let me get it via the website keeps telling me I need a Payment Option on there. I am not having a Payment Option on there hell no.

Top Bottom