• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey [FREE!] and Blue Dragon [$19] available for digital download!

Garlador

ironcreed

Banned
Knew I would regret selling my One.

tumblr_mmyiz10uWg1ruga2ao1_500_zps4367225c.gif

Awesome gesture by Microsoft. They're probably guilty for not having any XB1 games for their customers to play

Salt. Why do you feel the need to do that? We all know damn well there's plenty of games to play on Xbox one. 3 critically acclaimed exclusives just this holiday season.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nice. 360 compatible too. Thanks, MS. Guess I need to look around for a cheap-o 360 now to finish up Operation Darkness, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey now.

Heigic

I never got to complete LO because my third disc insta-scratched. Look forward to playing it again if I ever get an XBO

cakely

Thank you, OP!

Lost Odyssey showed up as free on the Xbox Live Markeplace, once I found it.

Blue Dragon was still $20 so I'll be passing on that for now.

After the hassle that was signing into my "Microsoft account", they then wanted to get me to enter a payment option to recieve this free game.

Tabbed out, don't even own a 360/Xbone so ehhh

Montresor

Good Guy Microsoft.

Thank fuck they got their asses handed to them this gen. Takes a good whipping for Microsoft to go full pro consumer with their console fans lol.

Garlador

Good Guy Microsoft.

Thank fuck they got their asses handed to them this gen. Takes a good whipping for Microsoft to go full pro consumer with their console fans lol.

Nobody gave them more crap than I did with the initial Xbox One launch. Actually even wound up speaking to their PR division for about two hours on the phone once. Lol.

... And, well, every last single complaint I gave them has been addressed. EVERY single one of them.

Xbox One with free backwards compatible copies of Lost Odyssey for all is one hell of an apology, if you ask me.

ironcreed

Banned
Good Guy Microsoft.

Same thing happened with Sony and the PS3. It's also why I ended up loving my PS3 the most last gen.

Lost Odyssey is a god tier JRPG. One of my all time favourites. You are literally shooting yourself in the foot if you don't download it free. I guess I will be downloading it again even if I have the disc, lol.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Are people really that afraid to temporarily add a payment option for less than a minute? But I get that it's stupid to have to do this for a free game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Don't you only need the first disc for BC games?

I saw the other thread bumped, thought it was one thread that said that the games were available, thought this meant it was only added just now lol.

Still, nice that it's available for free, people oughta experience the game, it's nice.

Brifelt

Neo Member
I cant seem to find Lost Odessey on the marketplace on my xbox 360. Can you only get it over the marketplace website?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I still own the game on disc, but have it away in storage. Does anyone know if downloading the digital version would somehow conflict with the DLC bonuses I have saved for this game still stored on my 360 in any way?

LO2 launch title for Scorpio!? Awe yeah lol

Imagine.

Xbox securing Lost Odyssey as their own JRPG franchise exclusive to Xbox and W10 would be a huge boon, especially if they kept Sakaguchi in charge and happy with creative freedom and a budget.

It'd be the RPG equivalent of Sony locking down Kojima.

No way it'll happen though, Sony has had very good relations with Kojima for years. Last I remember of Sakaguchi, MS sent him an XB1 at launch or something, but the next game he brought out was a mobile game.

Good Guy Microsoft.

Same thing happened with Sony and the PS3. It's also why I ended up loving my PS3 the most last gen.

Love it when I read posts like these. Some folks get it, competition will always breed innovation and it always benefits the consumer.

BC has been overall such a goodwill gesture for Xbox One owners. As someone who only owned a PS3 gen I wish Sony would attempt something like this, but the market leader doesn't have to do shit except stay on course.

LO is gonna be great on Xbox One.

If it wasn't for Scorpio and I would had purchased a Xbox One S :( Anyways, I'm happy to finally try this out on 360. I keep hearing people calling this the "real" Final Fantasy XIII

dreamfall

This is freaking awesome!

So happy that they made it free and backwards compatible. And Blue Dragon available online to purchase? '''Tis the Holiday season!

Now just make Tales of Vesperia BC so I can put my 360 away!

A fantastic gesture by Microsoft, I own the physical version but what the hell I'll take the digital copy too. Lost Odyssey has by far one of my favorite intros in the history of gaming.

Top Bottom