• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 3 release dates and boxart revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PR
Lost Planet 3 Confirmed For Release on June 25 in North North American and June 28 in Europe

The extreme conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before, with the release of Lost Planet 3 across North America on June 25 and in Europe on June 28. The latest chapter in the Lost Planet series will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

The trailer continues the story of Jim Peyton’s time on E.D.N. III as a NEVEC employee seeking out further sources of the planet’s energy supply T-Eng. During one of these missions, Jim comes under attack from E.D.N. III’s indigenous Akrid, causing his Utility Rig to fall down an icy fissure, leaving him unconscious and injured. Jim wakes to find himself in what appears to be a secret base, hidden beneath the planet’s frozen surface. On discovering he was rescued by one of the base’s inhabitants, Mira, the daughter of Snow Pirate leader, So’ichi, Jim realizes that NEVEC are not the only human inhabitants of E.D.N. III.

Will the Snow Pirates welcome NEVEC or will Jim have to face yet another hostile force on E.D.N. III?

364610vjku.jpg

PS3
Xbox 360

New Screenshots

Pre-Order Bonuses

Lost-Planet-3-Amazon-Punisher-Pack.jpg

Lost-Planet-3-Best-Buy-Assault-Pack.jpg

Lost-Planet-3-Gamestop-Freedom-Fighter-Pack.jpg

haha what in the world.

I always meant to pick up the first Lost Planet. Is it worth playing?

Also, Baird and Cole playable skins?

LP1 is amazing, it's like an arcade action shooter because of the thermal energy count down, very fun as long as you play it right and not slow like gears of war.

LP2 tried to do something bigger and better but just fucked it over completely, skip it.

Nemesis_

I will pick this up and play it and either cry or kill myself.

I don't know why I'm looking forward to this >_>

Very reminiscent of any number of other games, but it looks pretty enough. The planet stands out in a postive way in my opinion.

Hope this is a good game, Spark Limited could have their breakthough and turn into a respected developer to some degree. Didn't Bioware start out with some poor games, or is there any example of a big turn around within a company?(towards the positive)

At the same time I still wish this was similar to the second game, was one of the best coop experiences I've ever had. The creatures was so fun to fight and it was just something really new to me. That hated trainride section is one of my favorite in gaming, although I suppose that hate was more due to the orignal lack of checkpoints than anything else.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm looking forward to seeing how Spark Unlimited will find a way to ruin a franchise that was already pure shit to begin with.

Will pick this up on PC. I liked both the first and second game, and the addition of co-op in the second game was huge for me. It made things a lot more fun.

koolaroo

Will not buy simply because my hate for Spark Unlimited. Those guys kept up my hopes for Star Wars Battlefront 3 for way to long. They woudn't deny they were making it and they kept hinting at it in their tweets.

Will check out on PC most likely. Hopefully it's on the level of something like Bionic Commando (which while flawed ended up being a lot of fun)

Pyrrhus

I'm not particularly invested in Lost Planet, but this feels wrong given the art style and sort of framing of the image they used in the previous two games' covers. The guy looks cartoony.

Will not buy simply because my hate for Spark Unlimited. Those guys kept up my hopes for Star Wars Battlefront 3 for way to long. They woudn't deny they were making it and they kept hinting at it in their tweets.

I remember that, the twitter kept saying " Ask LucasArts" a simple " No we are not working on Star Wars, contact LucasArts about that game" could of been done easily

Top Bottom