• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 3 release dates and boxart revealed

antitrop

PLEASE
BE
GOOD
...no seriously, Lost Planet is one of my favorite Capcom IPs and favorites this Gen. Please.be.good.

cNRhHru.jpg

But ya... I'm sure it will be great...

Giolon

All I wanted was E.X. Troopers, and instead we get Lost Planet 3.

I am disappoint, Capcom.

This looks really bland.

glaurung

Box looks horrible, game looks retarded.

Will definitely buy and play like the first two. Which were both rather horrible too.

This looks nothing like a Lost Planet game.

No VS's (The rig doesn't look, or play anything like a VS).

No Hardballer.

No Grappling Hook.

Gears of War style gameplay and cover system with lengthy QTE's.

What the fuck.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Smart move. To the lay person, this looks a lot like Dead Space 3. Starting the marketing campaign earlier would have caused confusion.

Roubjon

He looks like the fusion of Nicholas Cage and Chuck Norris.

And I'm really surprised they called this Lost Planet 3. They should have reboot it and called it something like Lost Planet: Revelaitons.

This looks nothing like a Lost Planet game.

No VS's (The rig doesn't look, or play anything like a VS).

No Hardballer.

No Grappling Hook.

Gears of War style gameplay and cover system with lengthy QTE's.

What the fuck.

Whaaaaaat?! No Grappling Hook?! Oh FFS, Capcom! Might as well take out the Akrid while you're at it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
what an awful looking protagonist. Serious case of horse-face, how did that make it to the approval stage at Capcom???

Llyranor

I love LP1. It was my favorite 3rd-person shooter until Vanquish came along. It felt very 'technical', movement-wise, kind of like other Japanese non-shooter action games. The draining T-Eng on the higher difficulties made for a very fun challenge.

I love LP2. The level design isn't as inspired as the first game, and you spend too much time fighting humans, and the lack of draining T-Eng is a strike against it, but it was an amazing co-op experience (one of my favorites, in fact).

I'm completely apathetic to this game.

Wasn't the rumor that the developers scrapped multiplayer coop? That's lame. That's like pulling a Resistance 3 and removing all the gameplay that made the other games so great. They are Stupid if that rumor is true.

JB1981

I watched the trailer and dev walk through. I liked everything except the on-foot gameplay. The animations are very janky looking, I don't like the size of the reticle. The mech sequence was cool and I though the cutscenes were excellent

Alebrije

After the fail of LP2 and with Capcom busy with other IP´s and next generation , do not hope to LP3 have the same appeal as the original.

That cover sucks, screams "lack of creativity incoming"

the TMO

I don't understand: you had characters, setting and mood. How do you screw up everything doing a Multiplayer only title and now this? They destroyed Dino Crisis in the same way.

Was Lost Planet 2 any good? Lost Planet was alright and had a cool idea and aesthetic but it needed improvement in areas. Did the sequel improve anything?

Just watched the first 10 minutes, reminded me of the first 5 minutes of Tomb Raider but on ice and far more boring... crumbling scenery, falling, sliding, finding a light source, etc.

Top Bottom