• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 3 release dates and boxart revealed

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Pretty good. Looks way more interested to me than LP2 did... yah back in the snow!

Shame, too, because I bought an Xbox 360 for Lost Planet. That was a great game with a terrible story and premise. Hopefully they fix that up, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

def sim

I hope this turns out alright. We don't get much pattern based shooters these days.

1362586764-x2.jpg

What a horrid pose.

After LP1 gave you forced animations with no recovery time I can't see how anyone would champion another one made by Capcom themselves. LP was a frustrating gameplay punisher mess with an awesome look.

Never really cared about the Lost Planet series. Bought the first one on sale years ago for about eight dollars. Worst eight dollars I ever spent.

Hunk is playable?

Even though he's part of a preorder exclusive, that's still like the only positive thing this game has going for it right now.

Teknoman

That's what I thought. How did Capcom blow this series when they were one of the first new franchises going when the 360 launched?

The seriously messed up part is that imo it seemed like an old school contra style shooter in 3d done right. The series could have really took off with 2, having to deal with two drastically different climates...but they just seemed to not know what direction to take the game.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten his own game yet.

That is what revisiting Raccoon city should have been.

HardRojo

Totally forgot about this, wasn't LP3 revealed during Capcom's last Captivate? That was ages ago, I don't think many people are that hyped for this title.

madmackem

I really do wonder if people will laud this if it has modern controls, something a few people have been moaning at tomb raider for doing. Strange this game business.

RiZ III

That is one ugly ass cover, but I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about this game. So glad they are returning to the frozen wasteland setting.

Lyonaz

I for one am excited about this game and the Nic Cage look-a-like protagonist is a plus in my book! Will get on PC.

KingJ2002

The game looks good... i hope it plays as well. This franchise has been a disappointment seeing that it's original intent was to rival other large franchises like Halo. Im not sure which way Spark will take this... but the first person mech experience seems like a let down already.

v1oz

This is somehow a step back from Lost Planet 2 in graphics. Especially faces.

MT Framework > Unreal Engine

ArjanN

I see that now DmC is out GAF needs a new game to hate on for reasons that have little to do with the actual game.

Doesn't this remind you of Red Faction: Armageddon ?!, I mean it got the same potential of a good horror game, but it feels it is missing the point.

I am not sure that LP3 gameplay is up to par, the monsters look cool, and the environment looks interesting, the characters not so much, and when everything come together it feels all out of place.

I always liked the first Lost Planet for it's star ship troopers feel it gave. Never really had any interest for the second one.

I don't mind this one taking a more horror approach, I'd rather have it more deliberately paced like a horror game than for them to go ape shit call of duty and just have dude bro explosions because they can't figure out what else to do.

Top Bottom