• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

I woke up, and I'm still thinking Karu/dusk is a good vote.

It's mainly Karu that's throwing me off. And from what I can find he didn't vote yesterday (at least not for coppa).

If he DID vote yesterday, I will reevaluate. But it's the odd voting pattern that is giving me scum reads.

Kyanrute

I too shall give my support to the list™. At the moment it seems silly to vote outside of it. Sadly, I myself see no clear cases on the list. With that, this vote is much more based on feelings than I like. Camjo brought up the yin/yang idea when speaking of Dusk and Karu and the rest of the scum. It fits in my opinion. The problem is that Dusk and Karu have done some things that are just bizzare were they scum. They seem to be openly and knowingly behaving more than a bit strange. They vote in weird ways and some times rather late. I haven’t agreed with some of their logic. Many are the things that make no sense, unless they have been planned, like the rest of the scum actions have been thus far.

Blawl’s reveal was planned as we all know it. In addition, I feel that Coppaflame too had some synergy to their day one antics where they poked and prodded at everyone, stirring the pot. A clear strategy to appear like they were worth to the discussion overall. When they gained too much attention through their actions, they laid back, modified their plan and toned themselves down a bit. Yet still they continued to ask questions, prod inactives, doing things to make them seem like town. Fluffing even, one could say.

Are Dusk and Karu are now forced to do the same, I wonder. As the herd gets thinned, they are forced to walk the line bit closer and cannot be as indifferent to the proceedings as they were before. But even when they are forced to take a stance on some issues, they still do it at the end of the day. Karu does not vote on day four and Dusk puts his vote down not even an hour before the turbo. The appearance changes as they post more than before, but the actions hardly do.

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

Burbeting

Banned
dusk soldier & karu (3)
camjo-z 3831 (3882)
kyanrute 3903
ty4on 3852
zippedpinhead 3897

tl21xx & camjo_z (1)
giant panda 3894

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
retroid 3898

kyanrute & retroid (1)
kingkitty 3899

Not voting:
10 people

9 Votes for majority

red_1458064800.png

I'm not the best at digging up dirt, but I'll go through the pairs I mentioned earlier.

Kyanrute

-was very suspicious of Flux/Time D1
-has a tendency to speak on behalf of scum, more specifically, after night kills typical tries to explain scum reasoning
-lots of pressure type votes D1
-was in support of blawl early in the case of the dueling trackers but switched to believing Kark and voted out Blawl
-never once voted against Kark

Retroid
-has Kanye West avatar
-initially pushed for a D1 no lynch
-didn't want to lynch Flux, or Blarg because he was against lynching player roles
-first vote in-game was placed on Flame/Coppa
-Retroid's opinion on the D1 KKH vs. UltraJay fiasco.

Just woke up and did a quick re-read, my vote is on:

VOTE: Boo Boo'n

Neither pair screams scum to me
, but of the two I feel more inclined to vote UltraBoo.
-interesting choice of actions and reasoning for a player originally pushing for a no lynch.

also,found this post from Coppa trying to steer D1 lynching discussions away from Kyroid:
While I could see a few reasons for the Kyanroid vote (that too safe reads list from Kyan, them not contributing too heavily), I don't think people interacted with them enough during the day to make that the best "Low contributor" lynch if we go for that.

-posting activity drops off significantly after D1

KingKitty
-doesn't try to cooperate with town
-very suspicious of Ty4on, and ultrajay

Hyperactivity
-early vote against Flame_AC
-tried to use a chat role-claim to out scum
-keeps game notes in a log book
-unvoted NeverTim after their role claim
-openly anti Splitbot lynch
-replaced by Ri'orius

KKH voted together in the Blawl vs Karked vs Splitbot D2 shenanigans. This was most likely the basis of King Kitty’s D3 theory that town players would have voted together and scum teams would have split votes. (Note this theory turned out to be demonstrably false as Coppa/Flame[scum] voted together.)

Camjo-Z
-extremely distrustful of Flux's D1 claim
-first gafia game, possible "newbie townie" strategy in play
-was on team Kark in the Blawl vs Karked vs Splitbot D2 shenanigans
-openly anti splitbot lynch
-extreme tunnel vision

TL21xx
-lightest activity poster by far
-tends to just vote what Camjo wants

Final thoughts:

We all need to just get along. I don't like what this witch-hunt has turned us into. We used to be friends and neighbours. Camjo, I still remember your daugter's first dance recital. Yeah, the recital was boring as fuck, but remember when TL21xx spiked the bunch bowl with peach schnapps and got the director pissed drunk?

Karkakador, when I broke my wrist and couldn't work for over a month. Those baked treats you brought me, and the visits to cheer me. Really helped me get back on my feet. I was in a real dark place and you snapped me out of it. (And yes Zipped, I know you were the one that baked everything. We all know Kark can't even boil water.)

Topo, when you were convinced that Miracle was cheating on you, who believed you when everyone else just told you were paranoid. Who kept you company while you tailed him to his new job at the children's centre? Who hacked into his iPhone for and discovered the illicit messages he'd been sending back and forth with Kawl_USC?

We used to be a real community, but now we've become nothing but petty name calling and in-fighting. It honestly just makes me sick thinking about it.

kingkitty

10 people not voting, that's great, i can't see how scum won't be able to control this end day easily unless they're just as busy

will continue to keep tabs on phone

Karu

If he DID vote yesterday, I will reevaluate. But it's the odd voting pattern that is giving me scum reads.
I didn't.

Will come back in a bit and set my Vote.

To my defense I pretty much said everything I can at this point. Our/my behaviour would be incredibly sloppy scum-play.

Day One: Early NeverForever-Vote. Don't think it was that unreasonable for a D1-lynch. Last minute claim was too late.

Day Two: Kark vs. Blarg was 50/50 in my opinion. I went with my gut, Kark.

Day Three: Coppanuva. As a Day later revealed: Scum. I was against killing flux.

Day Four: None, because Turbo.

Now... to use D3 against me is a case of "too bad", I guess?! It fits a certain narrative, fair enough. Let your gut decide.

El Topo

Random question that I asked Panda in our chat but I'm not at home so I can't look up if he answered: Did we ever get the explicit role name of Karkhead? Not just hints or paraphrased stuff, but the actual name?

Camjo and Kitty I feel they are playing their own game. They go after who they want whenever they want and they don't really care if we agree or not.

TL21xx, you are clearly just phoning it in, and doing whatever Camjo tells you to.

Ri'orius, it's so hard to have an opinion on a player that just entered the game. You can't really speak for Hyper's actions.

Kyanrute it's awfully convenient that you're pretty much always suspicious of the person who eventually gets lynched. Are you giving us your real opinions or you just telling us what we want to hear?

Retroid you've played off your late inactivity as due to commitments with school. In spite of this you always seem up to date and on point with the going ons in this game. Students are also notorious for using crunch time to procrastinate, and this game should be a siren song for a student looking to distract himself from studying or a boring lecture. They say the best way to tell a lie is to weave it inside the truth...

VOTE: Retroid

I can't shake my suspicions of you. The D1 blatant flipflopping on your no-lynch stance, and Coppa's subtle attempt to steer votes away from your team just doesn't sit right with me.

It has to be you.

Random question that I asked Panda in our chat but I'm not at home so I can't look up if he answered: Did we ever get the explicit role name of Karkhead? Not just hints or paraphrased stuff, but the actual name?

I don't remember getting that, no.

It was one of the reasons I was suspicious of them on D3.

UltraJay

I was on Karu and Dusk yesterday but... they don't seem to be scum trying to wiggle out of it.

But... oh wait. Scum could be trying to out or straight lynch the doc. Maybe I should stick with my gut. The hopping onto Retroid... interesting.

Vote: Karu

I was going to pop on over to Retroid but switching to somebody else - anybody else - could lead to a roleclaim. I don't think I want that to happen.

Karu

I was on Karu and Dusk yesterday but... they don't seem to be scum trying to wiggle out of it.

But... oh wait. Scum could be trying to out or straight lynch the doc. Maybe I should stick with my gut. The hopping onto Retroid... interesting.

I was going to pop on over to Retroid but switching to somebody else - anybody else - could lead to a roleclaim. I don't think I want that to happen.
So you don't wanna kill us, because you're scared you could force the doctor to out themself? Well, that's literally chicken shit. I mean, I get it... in a way, but it feels defeatist?!

Other than that... could you elaborate how's the hop on Retroid interesting? Dusk has to do something, no? Other than tubro'ing himself like his supposed mate Coppa did, there's not much wiggle room there, then.

Camjo-Z

Here's the list of remaining pairs:

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Ri'Orius
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z
11. [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Giant Panda
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

We all seem pretty confident that Kark/Zipped, Ultra/Boo, and Topo/Panda aren't maf based on evidence and educated guesses, so we can remove them from the list.

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Ri'Orius
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z
11. [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

We're left with 5 pairs. Those of us who are townies know we're not maf, so that whittles the list down to four. If you can eliminate just one more of those choices as maf in your eyes, you're down to 3 potential choices. No matter who we kill today, we're basically guaranteed to hit scum tomorrow or the next day if we can come to a consensus, depending on whether there are one or two maf left.

To make my decision today, I'm going all the way back to that Blawl vs Splint/cabot vote. Based on the data, we know for sure that 5 town/neutral pairs were on Blawl, both known maf pairs and no straight town pairs (besides bandwagon leaders Kark/Zipped) were on Splinter/cabot, and no maf flipflop-bussed and went from Splinter to Blawl. Let's see where the pairs on the shortlist were. And remember, we were one pair away from a tie vote near the end there (14 to 11 before Gorlak switched and turbo'd Blawl). A maf pair joining the Splint vote could have been the final push needed to convince town to finish them off and save maf their tracker for another day.

Kingkitty & Ri'Orius - Blawl (Kitty and Hyper noted that allowing both trackers to stay alive was bad)
TL21xx & Camjo-Z - Blawl (I also note that letting both trackers stay alive is bad)
Dusk Soldier & Karu - Splinter, Kark (Dusk sheeps a Gorlak post for his vote, Karu agrees with Blarg's megapost)
Kyanrute & Retroid - Blarg, no vote (Kyan finds Blarg's megapost to be to contain poor alternatives to lynching him. Retroid votes Blarg initially, unvotes after the Splinter votes start coming in, but generally did not seem interested in voting them)
Ty4on & hobohodo - Splinter, no vote (hobo was thinking about voting Splint, but ultimately didn't)

There are no straight Splinter pair-votes on this list, but we know the remaining maf probably did something fishy. Why would Blawl and Coppa/Flame even have gone for this play instead of just sticking with the bus if they didn't have the weight of the entire team behind it in some form?

Kitty/Hyper could have easily helped maf cinch it with their votes but didn't, so I'm keeping their team in my pocket as my town read. My team had a similar view on the situation as Kitty's. Ty4on votes Splinter, but hobo doesn't join him and outright states it's a bad lynch. Karu goes Blawl, and even though Retroid didn't vote, he claims it was because we turbo'd before he could re-vote and ultimately he was going to vote Blarg anyway. His prior posts seem to support this, and as I mentioned before, I imagine maf would have done a bit more to assist in the counter lynch. Unfortunately for Dusk/Karu, they're the only one on this list where both members made the "incorrect" choice. Admittedly it's a bit odd that maf would choose to be the only vote on Kark instead of simply hopping on the bus, but as I mentioned before, it's possible that this was a misplay and Karu/Dusk's votes on Coppa/Flame the next day were an attempt to distance themselves from this weird behavior.

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

Barring some shocking info being revealed on D6, I'm confident in saying Kyan/Retroid and Ty4on/hobohodo are my other two picks for potential maf tomorrow if Dusk/Karu flip town.

Warxard

Banned
VOTE: Retroid

To be frank I don't feel confident in my voting for this day with how little information we have going for, yet despite that it feels we're gonna go through a process of elimination until the last scum team probably gets the jump on us.

I also don't want to force a Turbo in the last eight hours of the day either.

TL21xx

Banned
Okay, finally awake. I'm teetering between DusKaru and KyanTroid, and it looks like DusKaru has momentum. I'm confident with either pair, so I guess I'll go with

Vote: Dusk Soldier

unless momentum shifts last minute. Regardless, low posting aside, I am feeling good about our current state. I'm assuming everyone is busy with IRL stuff, but I do hope the next phase is a lot more talkative, it's been way too quiet, and I do realize that I'm part of that problem.

Karu

Barring some shocking info being revealed on D6, I'm confident in saying Kyan/Retroid and Ty4on/hobohodo are my other two picks for potential maf tomorrow if Dusk/Karu flip town.
I will say this, because we will flip town... Ty4on's defense of us made me believe he is Town (because why the fuck would he do that?), but in light of Coppa's death (and the fact he turbo'd, which seems to indicate that they saw that as an inevitability) instead it can also be read as the protection play for the remaining scum pair, themselves. This checks out with the fact that I believe me and dusk are a rather easy pair to lynch.

I will put my Vote on Rute/Retroid right now. They were fairly inactive the last few days, but if that's what it takes to save our asses, than so be it.

VOTE: Kyanrute

I will be here til the end (or so I assume right now).

Ty4on

My second place scum would probably be Camjo and TL. I don't like how TL seems to just agree with him. We've seen pairs where one is very inactive, but they still have their own independent thoughts.

Kingkitty is a weird read because Hyper was in many ways a town read for me. His scum read of Blawl and frustration on D1 both felt genuine. They were avoided on D1 by scum though and never conversed much with them.

Retroid was under some fire by Flame on D1. It could have been a way of distancing themselves and looked a bit odd, but for the time being I lean town on them because of that.

Karu

Okay, finally awake. I'm teetering between DusKaru and KyanTroid, and it looks like DusKaru has momentum. I'm confident with either pair, so I guess I'll go with

unless momentum shifts last minute. Regardless, low posting aside, I am feeling good about our current state. I'm assuming everyone is busy with IRL stuff, but I do hope the next phase is a lot more talkative, it's been way too quiet, and I do realize that I'm part of that problem.
Confident in both? As in it doesn't matter regardless? This is FlipFlop: The Post - The Movie.

UltraJay

So you don't wanna kill us, because you're scared you could force the doctor to out themself? Well, that's literally chicken shit. I mean, I get it... in a way, but it feels defeatist?!

Other than that... could you elaborate how's the hop on Retroid interesting? Dusk has to do something, no? Other than tubro'ing himself like his supposed mate Coppa did, there's not much wiggle room there, then.

Kitty was the first to vote Retroid, Dusk followed him. I'm taking both as... interesting.

I honestly thought me and Boo would be gone before this point. I was ready to take one for the team to stop a power role from getting lynched if it came to that. Now there is more chance to hit scum now. Karu, where does your vote lie? It's not out yet.

Burbeting

Banned
dusk soldier & karu (6)
camjo-z
kyanrute
camjo-z
tl21xx
ty4on
zippedpinhead
ultrajay

tl21xx & camjo-z (1)
giant panda

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
retroid

kyanrute & retroid (4)
karu
kingkitty
dusk soldier
boo boo'n

9 votes for majority

2.5hours left

Kyanrute

Kyanrute
-has a tendency to speak on behalf of scum, more specifically, after night kills typical tries to explain scum reasoning

New information, new chances to speculate and try to get to the minds of the scum. Scum leave patterns no matter what. It is for the benefit of the town to have some understanding about what the scum are doing, if attaining such knowledge is possible. It helps or at least can help with identifying scum and their possible targets.

Kyanrute it's awfully convenient that you're pretty much always suspicious of the person who eventually gets lynched. Are you giving us your real opinions or you just telling us what we want to hear?

This is straight from my mind but iirc my voting record goes something like Hyperactivity, Never Forever, Blargonaut, Dusk Soldier, Coppanuva, Dusk Soldier. That is a 3/5 record so far, hardly anything as dramatic as you make it sound. I did post my list of top suspicious people to look out for on day three I think. That list included Ultraboo and Fluxaisis too and only one of those is dead and I see no reason atm to lynch the another. And it is not like I do not suspect anybody else outside my votes, I just don't feel that the case against the others is as strong. In short, I feel you overestimate the strength of the gaze of death I have.

TL21xx

Banned
Confident in both? As in it doesn't matter regardless? This is FlipFlop: The Post - The Movie.

No, it means that I don't have a strong opinion on which one is more scum. I feel both of you are scum and can get behind a vote for either one. So it does matter in the sense that town needs a consensus. But yes, it doesn't matter in the sense that I am gonna vote with the majority on either pair.

And for the umpteenth time guys, if I did disagree with Camjo, I WOULD post differently. And if I were scum you'd never see me agreeing with him, because blind agreement is the most lazy scum tell you can make. So sorry for being so agreeable, but my read on the situation is not very different.

Karu

Some thoughts before our goodbye...

> The whole karkzipped as Tracker-business seems fishy as hell to me. Still.
> I told you my suspicions about Ty4on above
> UltraJay is kinda bulletproof because of No Movement - I don't think there are, but what if there are two scum left? (I really don't think so)

El Topo

Karkhead is as solid as it gets. There's still a bit of doubt because they did not give results today though (unless I missed something).

Karu

Karkhead is as solid as it gets. There's still a bit of doubt because they did not give results today though (unless I missed something).
Yes, of course. I'm just saying. Due to people not being engaged right now (playing up your pre-destined death is obviously a lame last minute tactic used by scum, but you will see in an hour :D), I don't see us surviving so I post thoughts that come to me.

Ri'Orius

> UltraJay is kinda bulletproof because of No Movement

Wait, what? I seriously have no idea what you mean by this.

Sorry I've been dragging my feet. I'm trying to get a vote with reasoning post put together, but having a hell of a time coming to a decision.

Ty4on

I brought up that it sounded like they tracked someone who didn't move. I then argued that it didn't make sense to out them unless they were about to be lynched because doing so would help get scum one step closer to the doctor.

Karu

Wait, what? I seriously have no idea what you mean by this.

Sorry I've been dragging my feet. I'm trying to get a vote with reasoning post put together, but having a hell of a time coming to a decision.
Haha sorry. They got tracked and didn''t move, which let to the assumption that they can't be scum, because every scum player has probably a role to fulfill.

Of course... there's stuff like X-Shot, but also a flexible KILL-command, so there's that.

Retroid

While most of your reasons for voting me are fine, I can't help but get the feeling you are making up stuff to push me for a lynch. I didn't flip flop D1 on a no lynch, I was for it, and wanted to bring up discussion around it when no else wanted to bring up the subject. Obviously I am not going to NL at the end of the day when no one else was cool with it, I wanted to vote for who at the time I thought, of the pairs on the chopping block, would be most beneficial to getting rid of, not that I thought anyone would be.

Ri'Orius

Not super confident in this, but your D2 votes seem sketchier than any other little hints or gut feelings I have about the other suspects. At one point I thought that maybe your prescient D3 votes were a hint that you were a cop flying well under the radar, but now I think it's far more likely an attempt to earn town cred with a gesture that didn't lead anywhere.

Burbeting

Banned
dusk soldier & karu (8)
camjo-z
kyanrute
camjo-z
tl21xx
ty4on
zippedpinhead
ultrajay
ri'orius
retroid

tl21xx & camjo-z (1)
giant panda

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
retroid

kyanrute & retroid (4)
karu
kingkitty
dusk soldier
boo boo'n

9 votes for majority

Hobohodo

Not a fan of voting Dusk, that'a almost entirely due to post 3879 where he gives a breakdown of narrowing down who to look at.

Vote: Retroid

Yea this lacks substance but there's hardly time for me to look now. Retroid was chosen purely as he is in second place.

kingkitty

don't feel good about a Dusk vote, weird behavior such as putting kark as a candidate on day 3 + mistaking millers with masons. I'm gonna go with what I believe at the moment.

which is why I'm keeping my vote on Kyantroid, even if it looks highly unlikely they'll be eaten alive

if we mislynch + scum gets night kill, Day 6 might be do or die. hold onto your butts.

El Topo

VOTE: TL21xx

I'll stick with Panda's vote. I'd also like to express my dislike of lynching Dusk Soldier/Karu. It seems more like they've accepted their fate instead of desperately clinging to life by all means, which is something I would expect from scum.

Karu

VOTE: TL21xx

I'll stick with Panda's vote. I'd also like to express my dislike of lynching Dusk Soldier/Karu. It seems more like they've accepted their fate instead of desperately clinging to life by all means, which is something I would expect from scum.
Why would you til 4 minutes before the end? I mean it wouldn't change things, but eh... you were clearly here.

Bye. :'-(

El Topo

Why would you til 4 minutes before the end? I mean it wouldn't change things, but eh... you were clearly here.

Bye. :'-(

Sorry. I didn't really have much of a read before this day and decided to sit this day out and observe the other players.

Top Bottom