• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Retroid

You avoided having your vote on a maf member at the end of the day. I think my memory works just fine.

It's not like the vote was going to change at that point and if anything, a mafia member at that point would want to appear to vote out a partner as there was no hope for them.

Camjo-Z

What would I accomplish with it? What's the point of unvoting while they turbo themselves?

They wanted to turbo themselves for flavor funsies so they had you unvote? Who knows.

Another interesting bit of evidence is this exchange:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197987489&postcount=3664

Start with this post, and then work your way down folks. Why the fuck does Ty4on even ask what they were discussing in the chat? Asking what someone said in their chat in this game is totally pointless because A. you have to paraphrase it anyway, and B. you can make up whatever you want and no one can call you out on it. Of course, asking that question makes total sense if maf was looking to set up their fakeclaim gambit and needed an opening.

Kyanrute

Why would our doctor avoid ever voting for Fluxaisis and later town read them?

If scum tried killing Flux it makes some sense that Blawl didn't attempt to track them. Why waste tracking on that and they have an excuse.

I know I thought Flux was a veteran and would not have targeted them. It just makes the most sense that FluxTime was the target. They were the highest profile townie and our now confirmed doctors never seemed to doubt their townie status despite most of town thinking otherwise.

I've been wrong way more than I've been right this game though. Who do you think were targeted?

The thing is both things have to happen. Flux was a good doctor target and a very risky scum target. My own thoughts on them back then ran between a veteran and a bulletproof (before NeverTim went the way of the bear). You and I also weren't the only people to suspect Flux's claim, many others demanded more information later on, proving that there was at least a sizable group of pairs that did not believe Flux's claim. For scum to go for Flux on night one, they would've had to ignore the comments about doctors staying away and whatnot, the hints that not so subtly suggested that there is danger in targeting Flux. Many saw them and read them as such, why would the scum not come to the same conclusion? Why would they think that risking a single member of theirs is worth it on night one?

Then, who was targeted, you ask? I have no idea. I read through day two just now and there wasn't much there before the discussion went straight to the tracker duel. For the sake of the doctor argument though, Kitty did speculate about doctors saving Flux as one of the reasons for the events of the night. So there is that.

Ty4on

Another interesting bit of evidence is this exchange:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197987489&postcount=3664

Start with this post, and then work your way down folks. Why the fuck does Ty4on even ask what they were discussing in the chat? Asking what someone said in their chat in this game is totally pointless because A. you have to paraphrase it anyway, and B. you can make up whatever you want and no one can call you out on it. Of course, asking that question makes total sense if maf was looking to set up their fakeclaim gambit and needed an opening.
To figure out their though process. That's why I prodded Flux on his thoughts behind the D1 lynch, later his thoughts when the lynch of Blawl happened and prodded Launch and Gorlak for the lynch of Blawl and why they turbo'd.

Scum doesn't investigate so scum has to make shit up. That's why I reacted like this here.
This caught Flame making shit up. My prodding after this was kind of redundant and I don't quite remember what made me second guess myself. I did tunnel quite hard on Splinter D2 though so it could have been the backlash from that in the back of my head.
When they claimed no chat I looked for evidence that indeed had a chat.

Camjo-Z

To figure out their though process. That's why I prodded Flux on his thoughts behind the D1 lynch, later his thoughts when the lynch of Blawl happened and prodded Launch and Gorlak for the lynch of Blawl and why they turbo'd.

Still, based on their elaborate fakeclaim based around a neutral Divorced Couple being unable to hear each other and thus making it so others can't hear either, it seems that the "no chat" idea would have also been planned out in advance. What a fortunate coincidence for maf that you happened to play right into that plan with your inquisitive nature, eh?

El Topo

this is what happens when half the players are inactive and the only people with something to jumpstart discussion refuse to reveal it for whatever reason

The only couple I have look at so far are you guys. I'd prefer to look at the other couples as well first, just to see if there is maybe someone scummier out there.

I also looked at Hob's posts, all whopping 14 of them. It's virtually impossible to glimpse anything from such a small number of posts. Still have to look at Ty4on to get an idea of that couple.

Camjo-Z

tumblr_inline_nth2fbNdv21sjs49f_400.jpg

Kyanrute

Good morning.

oh. oooh.

Perhaps the scum will come out if you ask nicely. Have you tried that?

Scum, could you reveal yourself, please? Pretty please?

UltraJay

Why would you hold this back? Why? Why?

If it is true, it was to get a tracker/tracker dispute on Day 2 as a way to out Blawl as scum without them revealing that they actually saw them as scum. Guess scum thought they could get away with not moving much and trying to kill the doc. If they had said cop then they'd be a bigger threat to scum.

As to why they kept it secret for so long on Day 5. Suspense? Wanting to see what their target does? Potentially reveal another scum if there is one? Otherwise we would just turbo and end the day in 5 minutes. Not much info there.

If this is all true then this was a landslide for town. 3-shot 3 for 3 scum hunted?

UltraJay

Maybe it helps with the fourth scum.
I'm curious about N1 and D2 though as well. What made you so sure Blawl was scum and why target the millers.

They don't like millers? Wanted to test out Blawl's claim and if they had just said "We saw them as scum." then the defense is easy, "Duh, we're millers." Tracker results would be taken more seriously.

Or we are at LyLo right now and Scum Kark is doing a last-minute gambit to make us mislynch and win the game. Seriously we are just screwed if they are scum.

They are going to keep us in suspense on who it is, huh?

UltraJay

Crap, almost forgot. If they are cops then Kark just guessed the Blawl targeted them. Not too big of a guess, though. Just that whoever Blawl's target was targeted Blawl. They took the chance that it was them. And they knew a scum knew they were a power role. The cop no less. They had to get rid of Blawl.

Karkhead were already the number one target for scum, so lying on that didn't really help them at all. They also lied then about UltraJay not doing anything that one night. Misleading town on that account doesn't make sense. In Zipped's timeline, they also lied about when they used their ability the night after they were chat bombed. They seriously took many risks at the town's expense in maintaining this lie, and it is only by extremely good luck that it never back-fired.

Camjo-Z

The only thing that makes this weird is the fact that we had a sleepwalker. I guess they were totally intended to trick mafia?

Karkador

Banned
Come on, guys - miller tracker is a weird claim. That was the basis fot our continued doubt. And the way they did it looked like they were trying hard to snatch a position of power, likely to just make a bunch of stuff up along the way.

What's funny is that we pulled it off with a fake claim, lol. #unnecessarygambit2016, you know we are the kings.

Coppa was just bit of guided luck, looking at the votes from D2. but it took finding some scummy evidence to torpedo them while not looking cop-ish.

And now, we have the last name. We gave you a little rope to see if there were any shenanigans throwing us off, but I'm pretty confident. Thanks to Hyper kitty for keeping us alive this long. GG SCUM.

vote: TY4ON

Ty4on

Come on, guys - miller tracker is a weird claim. That was the basis fot our continued doubt. And the way they did it looked like they were trying hard to snatch a position of power, likely to just make a bunch of stuff up along the way.

What's funny is that we pulled it off with a fake claim, lol. #unnecessarygambit2016, you know we are the kings.

Coppa was just bit of guided luck, looking at the votes from D2. but it took finding some scummy evidence to torpedo them while not looking cop-ish.

And now, we have the last name. We gave you a little rope to see if there were any shenanigans throwing us off, but I'm pretty confident. Thanks to Hyper kitty for keeping us alive this long. GG SCUM.

vote: TY4ON

You didn't investigate me as scum

Kyanrute

Why would alignment cop investigate millers. You yourself gave your opinion about name cops checking Blawl in #608. Straight out role cop? What's Ty's role then? And what's with this night 1, 3, 5 tracks/copthings Zipped mentioned, you like odd-night cop or what? The details, please.

Camjo-Z

Can you confirm if Kark and Zipped were bombed? Did the details match well?

>asking if the people who outed the existence of a previously unknown neutral role's chat bombs were actually chat bombed

if u up at real scum hours then SMASH DAT MOTHAFUCKIN' TURBO BUTTON

Ty4on

>asking if the people who outed the existence of a previously unknown neutral role's chat bombs were actually chat bombed

if u up at real scum hours then SMASH DAT MOTHAFUCKIN' TURBO BUTTON

Hmm, that's right. It'd be really weird if they figured that out without being caught and we still have the missing target that day.

Karkador

Banned
The bluff that they'd show up as scum?

That they're scum trackers trying to pass as town.

Work today so I can't be super active later today, but FWIW this post kickstarted the doubt against Flame and Coppa 1,5 hours into D1.

Kark's investigation is weird. Either a town switcher, gambit or he's neutral. I don't see him as scum and a scum switcher (unless it's really crippled) could neutralise the doctor.

A fluffy post from your former partner on D1? That didn't Kickstart anything. We lynched them on D4, and I didn't even need that post to do it.

Ty4on

A fluffy post from your former partner on D1? That didn't Kickstart anything. We lynched them on D4, and I didn't even need that post to do it.

[...]Floppanuva - already mentioned that Flame's posts today seem to be avoiding taking a stance. Lots of questions asked but attributed to other players. Coppa has been better today but also had a very sketchy day one.
[...]

[...]2. Flame is terrible (again). I don't like the way he was posing questions early in this phase, felt like he was actively avoiding taking any stances. On the flip side Coppa has been slightly more town than yesterday.
[...]

Splinter seemed to always have their D1 start at the back of his head.

I obviously don't know the exact causes, but that post by Sophia made Flame and Coppa into a talking point. Part of that was Flame's weird vote, but also their mismatched behavior.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Hobohodo & Ty4on (2)
Karkador .4037
Camjo-Z .4038

Camjo-Z & TL21xx (1)
Giant Panda .3988

No active vote for Day 6:
El Topo
Kyanrute
Retroid
TL21xx
Ty4on
UltraJay
Zippedpinhead
hobohodo
Boo Boo 'n

Day 6 ends:
red_1458496800.png

7 votes for majority

Karkador

Banned
Why did you investigate them?

We wanted to see if they were pulling something as (non-Miller) Town.

Splinter seemed to always have their D1 start at the back of his head.

I obviously don't know the exact causes, but that post by Sophia made Flame and Coppa into a talking point. Part of that was Flame's weird vote, but also their mismatched behavior.

Sophia was your partner; you don't know the exact causes?

Top Bottom