• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Sorian

Banned
As the boats sailed through the cave themed after a church during a wedding, picking stray glass out of their boats from the metalheads roaring away earlier, they passed by an altar with a fake bride and groom in front of a priest. The next room had a mock scene of a reception, follow by a room detailing a happy honeymoon. And so it went, a plethora of rooms detailing the life of a marriage. Her happiness turning to boredom turning to contempt. His string of dead end jobs and his gambling addiction worsening. The scene of him coming home to find her in bed with the neighbor..... and his brother. The painful recreation of a marriage that started so well and ended so wrong.

The final room their boats went into was that of a divorce court and a man in a beanie with a smug face sat where the judge would usually be. It was obvious from his demeanor that he did not belong here but you could also tell that the courtroom was his home.

"Could Dusk and Karu please step out of their boats and up to the stands please?"

He smiled again. He knew that the groups in the boat thought that Dusk and Karu were among the loveless and it was his job to judge them today.

They plead and begged for their lives but it was Dusk that gave in first. They did truly love each other but even true love could be broken.

Well, that is that then. No mauling today though.

With that, a giant cage sprung from the ground enclosing the couple. The caretaker's body came up from the ground as well. He was asleep but locked in the cage with them.

The man in the beanie could be heard as the boats rounded the corner. "I'm sure he'll be hungry when he wakes up. I figure I'll keep him locked in there until he has had his fill, I'd hate for him to have the wrong idea when he wakes up and sees me."

Dusk Soldier and Karu have been removed from the game

“It’s true, oh it’s true!
It is so, so true!
What is?
The Amazing, Pure and Unrivaled love between Dusk Soldier and Karu, of course!

Who cared where you two originally met? It could have been in a cinema, or in a café, or maybe just in the internet. What matters is that you two love each other most dearly, with absolutely no restraints. It will be just a question of time, until you two get married, have children and grow old together!

But first, you will embark on a great quest… quest to journey through the Love Tunnel with many other lovely couples… well obviously you guys are the most lovely, but that’s beside the point!”

----

You are partnered with Dusk Soldier/Karu

You and your pair’s shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).

This means, that neither of you have any special powers. But you guys can vote!

Also, as you are a Pair of Lovers, you will get an private Lovers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your Lover’s chat is here: [REDACTED]

The Game thread is here:

You will win, if everyone, who is aligned with the LOVELESS, are defeated!

Night 5 ends in:
red_1458237600.png

Burbeting

Banned
Final Day 5 Votes:

dusk soldier & karu (8)
camjo-z
kyanrute
camjo-z
tl21xx
retroid
ty4on
zippedpinhead
ultrajay
ri'orius

tl21xx & camjo-z (1)
giant panda
el topo

hobohodo & ty4on (0)
retroid

kyanrute & retroid (6)
karu
kingkitty
dusk soldier
boo boo'n
hobohodo
giant panda

No Vote:
Karkador

After a short while, the Bear woke up from his nap, just to see a feast right in front of him.
"Oh... time for breakfast eh?"
First, he grabbed screaming Karu, and said: "I may now eat the bride."
And so Karu was dead.
Then he turned his face towards Dusk Soldier. "Till death will tear you a part"
And so Dusk Soldier was dead

XJcXnVM.png

Burbeting

Banned
Outside the Love Tunnel, in the magnificent amusement park, two very familiar figures were still walking, other laughing, other screaming in agony.
"Oh honey, do you know what?", FluxWaveZ said.
"...what..." It was clear Timeaisis did not want to hear the answer.
"I just bought three new smartphones from the internet!"
"GGAAAHHHHH!!!"
His screams were echoing throughout the park...

Night Actions locked in

One hour till love continues.

Burbeting

Banned
Boo Boo'n has been banned from GAF for a week

There might be a need to search for replacement, the possibilites are being discussed. At any case, UltraJay continues as normal.

Burbeting

Banned
lGcXukE.png

Where we learn that Bears love marshmallow

After the boats had waited for an hour or so, the bear finally came out from the weird box the Beanie-Hobo had put him in to. And so the boats ventured once again to another tunnel. Few hours (that felt more like two whole days) passed, until the boats emerged to the next area of the Love Tunnel, which was a white forest. Everything was white, the trees, the ground, the sky. Only thing that was not white was the river the boats were slowly sailing through. Something was weird though.

“Uh… these aren’t trees…!”, shouted one of the lovers who were still on this wild ride. “These are all made of marshmallow!”
It soon became apparent that this was the case. Everything around the area was marshmallow, the threes, the ground, the sky. It was nothing but that sugary treat.
“How… how is this related to love at all?”, one of the confused people asked the bear.
“Well, I love Marshmallow! And what I love, is also love itself, so obviously Marshmallow is love!”

There was nothing to be gained on fighting about the issue, so the lovers turned to look at each other, in order to check, if there were someone missing.
“Um… I think Kingkitty and Ri’Orius aren’t here.”
The two were found from their boat, both very dead. It seemed that they were killed by drowning, but nobody was for sure. There were some pills and defibilators located in their boat…

“Well, now there is just six couples left!”

Kingkitty and Ri’Orius have been eliminated from the game!

Burbeting said:
“Can you pass the medicine, dear”
“Of course I can, my love”
Ri’Orius passed the pills to Kingkitty, who then put them into the patient's mouth. They were trying to cure the patient from a disease so horrible, so utterly devastating, that the world might be destroyed, if said disease was not destroyed with medicine as powerful, as the nuclear weaponry Donald Trump was hiding at this very moment.

That disease, of course, was known as hiccups.

---

You are partnered with Kingkitty/Ri’Orius.

You and your pair’s shared role is Pair of Medical Students. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).

You have the power of Healing. Every night, you can visit another pair, and protect them from death, by sending me the PM command:
Heal: Pairname.

Since you are a pair, only one command per night, please.

However, you cannot neither heal yourselves, nor can you target anyone for two consecutive nights.

Also, as you are a Pair of Lovers, you will get an private Lovers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your Lover’s chat is here: [REDACTED]

The Game thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181367

You will win, if everyone, who is aligned with the LOVELESS, are defeated!

Alive: 6 Pairs
Dead: 8 Pairs
Winners: 1 Pair

Day 1: Never Forever & CzarTim (One True Pairing)
Night 1: Nobody
Day 2: Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (Best Friends)
Night 2: *Splinter & cabot (a Pair of Sleepwalkers)
Day 3: Timeaisis & FluxWaveZ (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Night 3: LaunchpadMcQ & Gorlak (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Day 4: Coppanuva & Flame_AC (Divorced Couple)
Night 4: Nobody
Day 5: Dusk Soldier & Karu (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Night 5: Kingkitty & Ri’Orius (a Pair of Medical Students)

Wins:
Night 4: Magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (Metal Music Fanatics)

Day 6 begins

7 Votes needed for Majority

The day ends 3/20, 6PM GMT

red_1458496800.png

The Pairs still in the Game:

2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Giant Panda
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

Ty4on

Fuck
Kark and Zipped, can we get a straight answer on your tracking target now?
This.
Camjo seemed to possibly know more about the medic's target, but I didn't suspect Ri'kitty was the doctor and never checked their replies.
Weird that none of the confirmed people were targeted.
I dunno what to make of it, but I really thought someone confirmed (targeted by the metal neutrals) would be killed. Makes even less sense for them to be scum though.

We are officially out of tracking shots. I'll admit that.

However, I'm still not sold on revealing what we saw because it's not a smoking gun.

Kark and I need to discuss what information we have left.

Fuck

This.
Camjo seemed to possibly know more about the medic's target, but I didn't suspect Ri'kitty was the doctor and never checked their replies.
Weird that none of the confirmed people were targeted.
I dunno what to make of it, but I really thought someone confirmed (targeted by the metal neutrals) would be killed. Makes even less sense for them to be scum though.

I think it is fairly obvious that scum was hunting for the doctors with the random kills throughout the last few days.

Kyanrute

We are officially out of tracking shots. I'll admit that.

However, I'm still not sold on revealing what we saw because it's not a smoking gun.

Kark and I need to discuss what information we have left.

So either you saw no movement or you targeted a pair that is now dead. Withholding the second option makes no sense to me so it is the first one right?

Camjo-Z

Guys, this game is in the bag. Remember this?

We all seem pretty confident that Kark/Zipped, Ultra/Boo, and Topo/Panda aren't maf based on evidence and educated guesses, so we can remove them from the list.

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Ri'Orius
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z
11. [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

We're left with 5 pairs. Those of us who are townies know we're not maf, so that whittles the list down to four. If you can eliminate just one more of those choices as maf in your eyes, you're down to 3 potential choices. No matter who we kill today, we're basically guaranteed to hit scum tomorrow or the next day if we can come to a consensus, depending on whether there are one or two maf left.

Let's look at that first part again so we're all on the same page. We know Kark/Zipped aren't maf because there have been no other town investigative PRs and it seems fairly unlikely that town would have zero. We have the report that Ultra/Boo didn't move on N2, and we know that Coppa/Flame tried to use them as a suitable lynch alternative even though they themselves would be dead once batsnacks and Magnum win/die/out themselves. The evidence suggests they were just trying to get an easy kill before death much like Blarg did to Flux D2. Finally, we know Topo/Panda claimed a chat bomb. Bombing wasn't a maf role, and as far as I'm aware it doesn't work on maf. (Correct me if I'm wrong there, because that would throw a wrench into the rest of this plan.)

Now that Dusk Soldier and Kitty are out of the picture, there's only 3 candidates for maf. My team, Kyan/Retroid, and hobo/Ty4on. It ain't my team, which means no matter which of those two we kill today, we hit maf (if there were 4 pairs) or we get the last one tomorrow (if there were 3 pairs). Hoping that last tracker report either clears me or implicates one of those guys so we can make this especially easy.

Guys, this game is in the bag. Remember this?

Let's look at that first part again so we're all on the same page. We know Kark/Zipped aren't maf because there have been no other town investigative PRs and it seems fairly unlikely that town would have zero. We have the report that Ultra/Boo didn't move on N2, and we know that Coppa/Flame tried to use them as a suitable lynch alternative even though they themselves would be dead once batsnacks and Magnum win/die/out themselves. The evidence suggests they were just trying to get an easy kill before death much like Blarg did to Flux D2. Finally, we know Topo/Panda claimed a chat bomb. Bombing wasn't a maf role, and as far as I'm aware it doesn't work on maf. (Correct me if I'm wrong there, because that would throw a wrench into the rest of this plan.)

Now that Dusk Soldier and Kitty are out of the picture, there's only 3 candidates for maf. My team, Kyan/Retroid, and hobo/Ty4on. It ain't my team, which means no matter which of those two we kill today, we hit maf (if there were 4 pairs) or we get the last one tomorrow (if there were 3 pairs). Hoping that last tracker report either clears me or implicates one of those guys so we can make this especially easy.

Camjo, are you claiming? Because if you are claiming, claim, don't just say "I'm town"

Ty4on

I'm going to bed, but I want everybody to claim and I wouldn't mind the three chat bombed pairs confirming each other again. I doubt there's scum there, but I'd like to get that out of the way.

Me and hobo are ordinary.

El Topo and I are ordinary.

I'm less inclined to look at Ty4on right now because I remembered him saying that Blawl weren't X-shot trackers after their role PM had already revealed them to be X-shot. It's much more likely than not that a townie would make say that than scum partners. Out of the remaining two teams, my gut says CamTL.

vote: Camjo-Z

El Topo

As I wrote in our lover's chat, I'm not willing to accuse Camjo just yet. I'd prefer to look at the other survivors before I jump at him. I'd also like to reiterate the question on whether or not we ever got Karkhead's actual role name.

Camjo-Z

If you're a veteran fake claim ordinary or something. I just don't want scum to fake claim out of a contradiction.

Do you really think maf is going to claim anything but generic townie? They fakeclaimed roles promising the moon before and look how that turned out. No, the last one(s?) will stay nice and low profile like they have the whole game.

Out of the remaining two teams, my gut says CamTL.

vote: Camjo-Z

methinks u have some indigestion, compadre

UltraJay

I could relay and paraphrase anything Boo wants to say since our Lover's chat is no longer blocked.

Camjo, your plan only works if we follow it to the letter and trust you aren't scum. You know what you are but we don't. If you were scum and we followed it you'd be ensuring the win for the baddies.

That tracking information, if it is "no movement" that doesn't preclude them from scum but would allow us to take them off the table today and increase our chances of hitting the one who carried out the kill. If the info was about a visit of any kind I don't see why that information would need to be kept hidden.

Camjo-Z

Camjo, your plan only works if we follow it to the letter and trust you aren't scum. You know what you are but we don't. If you were scum and we followed it you'd be ensuring the win for the baddies.

This is true. However... if you think I'm maf, you're proposing that my plan this entire time has been to look like a townie by bussing my teammates (even before a bandwagon really gets started on them), not helping them reverse lynches (such as when Blarg suggested we kill my favored lynch target Flux instead of him, or when me and TL's votes could have tied Splinter/cabot with Blawl at the end of D2), yet also blatantly lead lynches on Flux/Time and Dust/Karu when I found them to have scummy behavior instead of just sitting back and staying hidden.

You also have to believe that despite me being clever enough to do all this, I didn't suggest to Blawl that maybe claiming Miller Tracker D1 when you don't have to is a horrible idea, or that maybe Coppa/Flame shouldn't use the exact same obvious "fudge your role slightly and promise town good stuff" gambit that Blawl did.

Still though, I have to concede that I have no solid proof of my innocence, so it's basically just a "look at my posts and decide for yourself if I'm really WIFOM'ing everybody that hard" sort of thing.

Kyanrute

Retroid and I are Ordinaries. To total us all up, one former tracker and five ordinaries. No movement should be happening. Kark, Zipped, what do you have for us?

Ty4on

This night's kill really bothered me. We're pretty sure the chat bombers could only succeed on town chats and it looks like their third bomb failed because they hit Coppa/Flame. Fake claiming a chat bomb is nigh on impossible unless Topo/Panda are scum and knew that the chat bombers hit *Splinter/Cabot. So that means we have three confirmed townies. Why would scum then kill kingkitty/Ri'Orius and reduce the pool of unconfirmed townies down to three?

One possibility I foreshadowed with scum knowing who was chat bombed is that scum could have a second power role we don't know of and from that were able to deduce that kingkitty/Ri'Orius were the doctor. I don't think this is too likely, but it is something to keep in mind that explains why they killed them.

Now let's try to deduce what pairs our doctors could have saved. N1 it really looks like Timeflux. Kitty wrote defenses of them on D2 and D3 and neither kitty nor hyper ever voted for them. This is semi-supported by the fact Splinter and Cabot were killed N2. Remember that Splinter especially was defending Flux a lot and scum could have have thought this made them the doctor. If they have a power role that solidified that belief it wasn't the tracker because they tracked Kark/Zipped on N1 and I don't think it was a watched because then our doctors shouldn't have lived for that long. I'm guessing they had no idea Cabinter were a “power role”.
Launch and Gorlak were then killed and they were very keen on lynching Flux and Time. That makes it especially weird if they were targeting the doctor and I don't know what to make of this kill.
Then we have the no kill night. Knowing that our doctors couldn't target the same pair twice in a row and likely wanted to save KarkHead I figured this could have been the saves:
Day 1: Never Forever & CzarTim (One True Pairing)
Night 1: Nobody
Save 1: (FluxTime)
Day 2: Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (Best Friends)
Night 2: *Splinter & cabot (a Pair of Sleepwalkers)
Save 2: (KarkHead*)
Day 3: Timeaisis & FluxWaveZ (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Night 3: LaunchpadMcQ & Gorlak (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Save 3: (Not Save 2)
Day 4: Coppanuva & Flame_AC (Divorced Couple)
Night 4: Nobody
Save 4: (Save 2?)
Day 5: Dusk Soldier & Karu (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Night 5: Kingkitty & Ri'Orius (a Pair of Medical Students)
One weird thing though is Ri'Orius didn't town read Kark heavily on D5, but rather El Topo and Giant Panda:
I'm pretty sure chatbombs wouldn't work on scum chat. Reading the ability text, it specifically says it disables "one of the lover chats, that the other pairs are using." Later on it also capitalizes Lover's Chat. Meanwhile the PM says that the metalheads' chat is called "Metal Music Chat," and the scum PM says that they have a "Loveless Chat." Sounds to me like a chatbomb only works against townies (whose private chats are Lovers Chats): if there were another neutral team (with their own Foo Chat) I suspect the chatbomb would fail against them as well.

It's also more likely that their failed (presumed N3) chatbomb was targeted at one of the 2-3 remaining scum teams than that it hit the one NK victim (Launchpad).

With that in mind, their D2 behavior seems totally towny to me. A little cowardly perhaps, but I can understand being cautious about revealing information (especially since they'd have a chance the following day to discuss whether and how to reveal). Meanwhile if scum can't be chatbombed, then Panda/Topo's behavior D2 and D3 is crazy unlikely. The breadcrumbs on D2 really only make sense for a pair whose private communication has been cut off, and chatbombs weren't public knowledge until D3. Panda/Topo would need to have known about chatbombs somehow, and even then such a gambit would be hard to pull off.

So yeah, I'm calling Panda/Topo hard town. 90+% certainty.
This is convenient. One reason is my first though at day start was why El Topo and Panda were left alone. KarkHead were likely protected, BooJay soft claimed ordinary and they stood out as an obvious target. If they were attempted killed it makes a lot of sense to avoid them the next night. The second is this makes it more obvious how scum figured out Ri'kitty were the doctors.
But is it conclusive? This is kind of an obvious thing to point out and the read isn't that weird. It's possible scum just went from there and targeted Ri'kitty, but I feel they wanted to be more certain. Maybe they looked at this:
Current Votes:

el topo & giant panda (0)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
ultrajay
timeaisis
timeaisis

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
boo boo'n
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
zippedpinhead
gorlak
tl21xx
fluxwavez
kingkitty
fluxwavez

timeaisis & fluxwavez (11)
gorlak
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
boo boo'n
zippedpinhead
karkador
camjo-z
tl21xx
hobohodo
el topo
ultrajay
batsnacks
coppanuva
magnumboy20xx

dusk soldier & karu (4)
fluxwavez
flame_ac
kyanrute
retroid
flame_ac
zippedpinhead
karkador
ultrajay
timeaisis

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda

coppanuva & flame_ac (0)
batsnacks

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
karkador

kyanrute & retroid (1)
ty4on

13 votes needed for majority.
I'm pretty sure they didn't study this closely when they killed Launch and Gorlak, but do you see anyone missing? Hyper and kitty never voted for FluxTime. If you look closer you'll see kitty writing defenses of Flux (3139, 3149), but these were well before day end so he didn't go out of his way to defend them. If I were scum I'd look at those votes again. Let's see where the surviving pairs put their votes:
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead (2x inactive TimeFlux, 1x active DuskKaru, 1x active BooJay)
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n (2x active TimeFlux)
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z (2x active TimeFlux)
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid (2x active DuskKaru)
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Giant Panda (1x active TimeFlux, 1x active BatMagnum)
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on (1x active TimeFlux, 1x active KyanRetroid)
and of course
1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Ri'Orius (1x active HoboTy4on, 1x nothing)

One is not like the other.
It's not conclusive by any means, but this would have given me pause as scum if Kyanrute and Retroid weren't on my team.
It could just have been a shot in the dark and the likely El Topo save backs that up (unlikely any of the confirmed were doctors and you usually don't retarget someone who was saved). There's also the possibility of a second scum power role that could have confirmed kitty was a power role.

Kyanrute

Why would scum attack Fluxaisis on night one? Fluxaisis gained a lot of attention on themselves thanks to the claim. It is not wise to kill someone who has painted a target on their back. Unless scum completely bought Flux's cop claim (who here did?), I see no good reason for scum to try to kill them. On day two Blarg comments on #1683 that they were afraid to track Fluxaisis. If scum were afraid that tracking Fluxaisis would get one of them killed, they wouldn't try to kill them, would they?

Without going that deep into the metagaming hell, I think it is possible that there is a scum pr left, just based on the numbers. Town has had four prs so far, scum has only had one.

Ty4on

Why would scum attack Fluxaisis on night one? Fluxaisis gained a lot of attention on themselves thanks to the claim. It is not wise to kill someone who has painted a target on their back. Unless scum completely bought Flux's cop claim (who here did?), I see no good reason for scum to try to kill them. On day two Blarg comments on #1683 that they were afraid to track Fluxaisis. If scum were afraid that tracking Fluxaisis would get one of them killed, they wouldn't try to kill them, would they?

Without going that deep into the metagaming hell, I think it is possible that there is a scum pr left, just based on the numbers. Town has had four prs so far, scum has only had one.
Why would our doctor avoid ever voting for Fluxaisis and later town read them?

If scum tried killing Flux it makes some sense that Blawl didn't attempt to track them. Why waste tracking on that and they have an excuse.

I know I thought Flux was a veteran and would not have targeted them. It just makes the most sense that FluxTime was the target. They were the highest profile townie and our now confirmed doctors never seemed to doubt their townie status despite most of town thinking otherwise.

I've been wrong way more than I've been right this game though. Who do you think were targeted?

Camjo-Z

Voting records between the three lynch candidates, for easy reference:

Ty4on & Sophia/hobohodo

D1: Splinter/cabot, no vote
D2: Splinter/cabot, no vote
D3: Kyan/Retroid, Flux/Time
D4: no vote x2
D5: Dusk/Karu, Kyan/Retroid

Kyanrute & Retroid

D1: Never/Czar, Ultra/Boo
D2: Blarg/Kawl, no vote
D3: Dusk/Karu x2
D4: Coppa/Flame, no vote
D5: Dusk/Karu x2

Camjo-Z & TL21xx

D1: Flux/Time, Never/Czar
D2: Blarg/Kawl x2
D3: Flux/Time x2
D4: Coppa/Flame x2
D5: Dusk/Karu x2

I'm seeing one team in particular that's managed to avoid ever having a vote on a known maf member at the end of the day, or even have their vote on the same person... but thats none of my business

tumblr_n7id5wi4J71qebc9so2_400.jpg

Top Bottom