• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Retroid

Who is to say that they would have used their power everyday. You two seem to be jumping to conclusions without considering all possibilities and it concerns me.

Retroid

Vote: Karkador

I've been thinking about this a lot over the past couple hours with what has been going on just now. It doesn't make sense to me that you would push for a no lynch and change your mind like this and go against all that you had said in the past day, you haven't even heard reads from everyone, which at one point seemed very important to you. To me, I feel like you felt you could convincingly town-read a pair 100% such that they would trust you enough to follow you in your vote. You are completely ignoring possibilities that I've brought up despite your one theory making no sense (why would neutral breadcrumb, why would Burb put in such a broken role that could confirm up to three people).

Now, I do believe your role claim, just I am questioning who you are sided with. This is the same game that Blawl claimed day one and produced many weird antics. This could all have been a part of their greater plan, and I wouldn't put it past Blargonaut after his performance in Harry Potter.

I would like to hear from the rest of the players before the days end to give us their thoughts on what has just happened.

UltraJay

Ty4on/Retroid, it's between you two. If Kark is scum then we lost days ago and somehow town never got an investigative role.

You guys need to fight and we'll lynch based on your arguments. No lynch is not going to change it from a choice between you guys.

Retroid

Ty4on/Retroid, it's between you two. If Kark is scum then we lost days ago and somehow town never got an investigative role.

You guys need to fight and we'll lynch based on your arguments. No lynch is not going to change it from a choice between you guys.

Can you at least comment on my discussion about the possibility that you are not as confirmed as they suggest you are.

UltraJay

El Topo were the chat bomb targets with the most suspicion since they didn't claim outside of a small breadcrumb until after Kark. Now, thanks to scum, we know they are town. My details matched with both Topo and Kark so that clears me. Plus, I didn't move when I was tracked so that adds up. I really think it wouldn't affect scum because:

1. That's the easiest neutral win ever. It could hit town OR scum and be successful the only way to stop it would be from a blocker we don't even know exists right now or the bullet-proof pair we lynched.
  2. It specifically said "Lover's Chat". That and the fact that they specifically had a "Metal Chat" means that it shouldn't affect the "Loveless Chat". All the chats have specific names.
The Special Power of you two is Disruption. Every night, the two of you can disrupt one of the lover chats, that the other pairs are using. You can do this by using sending me with PM the command:

Disrupt: Pairname

If your disruption is successful, the targeted pair won’t be able to use their Lover’s Chat for the next day and night phases. However, you will not be informed in any way, if the disruption is successful or not, so you can only guess.

Also, as a pair, you can use your Metal Music chat to talk to each other.

Your Metal Music Chat is Here: [REDACTED]

The neutral role probably was so it could be seen by and potentially confuse either a town or scum tracker, like the sleepwalkers. I guess Burb thought that there'd be a big hunt for the "scum chat blocker" with the trackers but Topo kept quiet and scum had already been found by the time they did.

I don't know why a supposed town is trying to argue a 1/2 chance back up to a 1/3 chance unless they think no lynch could remove that uncertainty. From my perspective it has been 1/2 from the start because I know my lynch is a loss for town.

I'd be down with no lynch to remove those worries others have however.

Retroid

El Topo were the chat bomb targets with the most suspicion since they didn't claim outside of a small breadcrumb until after Kark. Now, thanks to scum, we know they are town. My details matched with both Topo and Kark so that clears me. Plus, I didn't move when I was tracked so that adds up. I really think it wouldn't affect scum because:

1. That's the easiest neutral win ever. It could hit town OR scum and be successful the only way to stop it would be from a blocker we don't even know exists right now or the bullet-proof pair we lynched.
  2. It specifically said "Lover's Chat". That and the fact that they specifically had a "Metal Chat" means that it shouldn't affect the "Loveless Chat". All the chats have specific names.

The neutral role probably was so it could be seen by and potentially confuse either a town or scum tracker, like the sleepwalkers. I guess Burb thought that there'd be a big hunt for the "scum chat blocker" with the trackers but Topo kept quiet and scum had already been found by the time they did.

I don't know why a supposed town is trying to argue a 1/2 chance back up to a 1/3 chance unless they think no lynch could remove that uncertainty. From my perspective it has been 1/2 from the start because I know my lynch is a loss for town.

I'd be down with no lynch to remove those worries others have however.

The reason I am arguing it back up to a 1/3 chance is because I am worried I have been overlooking things out of convenience. Everything seems to convenient which is why I am questioning it. I believe that everyone who says they were chat bombed, were, no questions. As far as you not moving when tracked, Coppanuva/Flame were a plain pair, and so presumably, had they been tracked, would have been stationary as well (assuming they didn't perform the kill action, someone else did).

Your second point is interesting though, as if someone had pointed it out earlier, I must have missed it.

Unvote

Ty4on

That's why I'm not a big fan of a no lynch. We're just going to lose one town pair's opinion of the matter.

I guess it could help to know for sure you or Karkhead are town, but from my point of view it's pretty boring and obvious. It's really hard to find a plausible scenario where you or our trackers are scum so Kyanrute and Retroid have to be scum.
I spent most of yesterday defending against a gambit as if I knew Kark was wrong and claimed not moving (Kark claimed investigating me N5, but later admitted to tracking me on N3) to speculation that it was a gambit and Kark instead tracked me. If I were scum I'm either a ninja/godfather and/or took one heck of a chance that Kark hadn't nailed me by not claiming anything. Insomniac is the only scum role that explains everything (knew Kark targeted me N3 when Flame and Coppa where alive), but a weird role for scum and I couldn't know if he was a cop and just lying about the order.
If I'm ordinary town then everything checks out. I knew I never moved and wouldn't show up as scum to an investigator. I tried to get everybody's role before I posted my theory on Kyan and Retroid and knew a scum switcher would counter the doctor.

VOTE: Kyanrute

UltraJay

Hmm... That's turbo. Kark and Zipped better hope you chose right before you put Retkyan one away from turbo for a scum Ty4on to pounce on.

I didn't want to say anything but was your theory based on who would jump to a no lynch or not?

Kinda sucks for either Ty or Kyan teams since taking both me and Kark out they would KNOW that the other is scum but me and Kark couldn't.

I still remember that Camjo was throwing shade at Ty.

Wait... Is Majority based on the number of teams or players?

Retroid

Ty4on

Votes are already split at this point anyways and so you only have turbo on one side, and it's not on Kyantroid's side. At this point, I'd obviously still prefer to no lynch so we could discuss some more but I feel throwing the vote that way would further seal our fate.

Burbeting

Banned
ultrajay & boo boo'n (0)
zippedpinhead

no lynch (0)
karkador
kyanrute

kyanrute & retroid (3)
zippedpinhead
karkador
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (0)
retroid

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
kyanrute
retroid

No vote:
UltraJay + Boo Boo'n
hobohodo

5 Votes for Majority

Burbeting

Banned
red_1458756000.png

UltraJay

Seems like the best thing for me to do would be to follow the other "confirmed" town, but I'll still wait for Kark and Zipped to chime in.

Teams in trial: Keep talking about why you shouldn't be lynched.

It's moving day.... And someone is moving out of this game!

I am unlikely to change my vote, but where the hell did Ty4on and hobo go?

I mean it's really scummy that you haven't chimed in one way or another. If you were scum and about to win with a mislynch I can see why you would shut up and let us kill ourselves...

I am literally moving out of my house today,

Ty4on

I understand it is annoying when you can't be 100% certain, but my energy was drained yesterday and I have zero motivation to do any more analysis or defending.
I've covered most of the stuff you're curious about as well.
I mean it's really scummy that you haven't chimed in one way or another. If you were scum and about to win with a mislynch I can see why you would shut up and let us kill ourselves...
Is it? As scum I'd be on my toes just waiting for us to win and being careful not to turn the tide.
You see this careful behaviour in Kyan and Retroid. They rarely stand out and their late vote on me and Hobo yesterday is explained by the fact they knew we weren't on their team (that's why in retrospect a Camjo/TL vote was a mistake, even as scum they'd still get lynched the next day).

Heck, my initial scum read on them cropped up because I realized I had no read on them.

Karkador

Banned
Ty, what are your thoughts on the idea that scum's last role is a roleblocker, and that's what interfered with the chatbombers on Night 3?

Ty4on

Well it's also really weird that we're still alive

That's true, but I'm guessing scum were burned by N1.

You could also say it's weird scum didn't go for UltraJay (chat bombed, not moving) versus Topo/Panda (only chat bombed), but I really struggle to see how scum could fake claim the bombing. There were three bombings, and we only have three claims.
Topo and Panda were a lot more townie in my eyes though.

Karkador

Banned
I assume they tried to kill us on N4. Especially after we didn't share a result, and lynched scum.

Not killing us also goes hand-in-hand with people not voting for us.

Ty4on

That is about the only thing that I don't understand. I can understand that you might have gotten saved by the doc, but it doesn't explain how you survived last night.

Oh right, that's a bit weird. Maybe they felt confident they had no more shots left and thought the gambit made them more suspicious.

Kark has also been very suspicious of both my team and UltraJay so maybe scum were hoping they would lead town to a mislynch. El Topo and Panda were the most doubting of Kark's claim yesterday IIRC.

Ty4on

I assume they tried to kill us on N4. Especially after we didn't share a result, and lynched scum.
I still think El Topo and Giant Panda were the target N4.

I didn't see any major town read from kitty of you which I'd expect if he had just saved you.

Karkador

Banned
We had just finished serving charred CoppaFlame the previous day. I think a Town read on us was self-evident at that point - and it'd make us the most likely mafia target that night.

Ty4on

We had just finished serving charred CoppaFlame the previous day. I think a Town read on us was self-evident at that point - and it'd make us the most likely mafia target that night.

After you had just been saved?
To me it makes killing Topo/Panda instead of you last night an even weirder decision.

Karkador

Banned
After you had just been saved?
To me it makes killing Topo/Panda instead of you last night an even weirder decision.

Huh? Let's walk through this, because I think one of us is getting confused.

Night 1, a kill didn't happen. Unless we think Kitty breadcrumbed who their N1 target was, and it was one of us, then it really doesn't matter at this point.

Day 3, we shared the result about BooJay. Meanwhile, Zipped and I are chatbombed for the day and night.
Night 3, I chose to target Ty4on. No movement.

Day 4, we don't share the result. Nevertheless, Zipped drops some hints. We do some scumhunting outside of our results, and get CoppaFlame lynched.
Night 4, a kill doesn't happen.

We've only had two occasions where a night kill was blocked.

Karkador

Banned
That doesn't make it less weird that a hypothetical scum blocker kept avoiding you.

The only answer I can think of is that we were left alive in the hopes that our 3rd tracker result would confuse more than help. Since we held off on sharing it, they left us alive. It helps that we sort of went into lazy mode after that second mafia lynch. To that end, I've suspected that mafia had an ability that could confuse our results somehow.

Ty4on

Huh? Let's walk through this, because I think one of us is getting confused.

Night 1, a kill didn't happen. Unless we think Kitty breadcrumbed who their N1 target was, and it was one of us, then it really doesn't matter at this point.

Day 3, we shared the result about BooJay. Meanwhile, Zipped and I are chatbombed for the day and night.
Night 3, I chose to target Ty4on. No movement.

Day 4, we don't share the result. Nevertheless, Zipped drops some hints. We do some scumhunting outside of our results, and get CoppaFlame lynched.
Night 4, a kill doesn't happen.

We've only had two occasions where a night kill was blocked.
I don't think kitty saved you N4 because I presume he would have made a town read of you to breadcrumb it. It doesn't make much sense for me to hold this back to save you because you had already in this scenario been the NK target. It only makes sense if kitty is trying to save his skin, but it's also likely something ticked scum of about kitty being the doctor.

N1 target is irrelevant, but I've already explained why I think it was Timeflux.

Retroid

That doesn't make it less weird that a hypothetical scum blocker kept avoiding you.

Maybe they figured that the potential tracker wasn't worth the risk? Maybe they also considered Blawl's role in which there were only three limited uses?

Ty4on

The only answer I can think of is that we were left alive in the hopes that our 3rd tracker result would confuse more than help. Since we held off on sharing it, they left us alive. It helps that we sort of went into lazy mode after that second mafia lynch. To that end, I've suspected that mafia had an ability that could confuse our results somehow.
That makes sense. I think that role is independent to a blocker though as scum only has one pair left.

Karkador

Banned
That's why I theorized Ninja.

I think mafia could have figured out who the chat bombers were, and that they attacked mafia, from the bits and pieces made public in this game thread.

Hobohodo

The hasty back to back lunches by Karu and Retroid a few hours back feel a bit like a last ditch attempt by scum to not lose.

Kark and Zipped are pretty solidly town in my eyes. If they are not then honestly at this stage they deserve the win.

Sure it's not concrete, nor is it for me and ty, but ultra jay not moving just makes me more willing to trust him.

If we're lynchint anyone then for me it's Karu and Retroid, I'm prepared to back a No Lynch. but as the group suspicion seems to be more on me/Tyron and Retroid/Karu (with ultra jay just a bit less) it's very likely that it will come down to this same point tomorrow assuming Karutoid is scum and offs Kark or Ultrajay.

Top Bottom