• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Kyanrute

Warning, thoughts straight from metagaming hell follow.

Target immunity was a small benefit to town I feel. Tracker was countered by tracker I guess. Sleepwalker hindered both trackers, perhaps to scum's favor since 1-1 trades would be in town's favor and thus town trackers would've been somewhat inclined to reveal themselves had they seen Splibot walking. The scum tracker has been the only thing to counter doctor so far.

Scum tracker's workload seems heavy to me. The doc's restrictions (no spam, no self-target) and the fact that doc saved two would suggest to me that strongman is a nono. Given the situation we are in, ninja could be a possibility. No counters, but what counters a ninja anyway. Something like a blocker seems fitting too, to hinder all town roles but sleepwalkers. Nobody has gotten blocked so far though and Zippedor have been outed since day two.

What does a scum Ninja tell scum about town power roles?

Nothing it just overpowers them.

Alternatively, since this is game of the ordinaries, we could have had two ordinary scum, and a tracker.

I am trying to post theories that make us not lynch Kyanrute/retroid, as opening discussion into alternatives may open us up to an even simpler solution.

The simple solution is Kyanrute/retroid is the only team that didn't move and isn't a tracker. So based solely on that information we would be punching them. However, i feel it is best if we get more theories and involvement before we make that decision (since it is end of game)

Of course it's possible burbeting is playing us, only had two scum, the real killer is himself. And the only way off the boat ride is to vote no lynch...

Karkador

Banned
As for the meta discussion, the scum tracker's job seems heavy, perhaps because the Ninja was meant to take charge of killing while Blarg played investigator.

This would explain why Blawl made such an effort to establish themselves as a legitimate investigator - they planned on devoting their time to investigating and not killing.

With Coppa being "ordinary scum", and it being rather clear that there are only 3 scum (in a game that could easily hold 4), that leads me to believe that the third scum has to be something nice and generous - some kind of stealth role seems to fit the bill.

We've argued about this before, but I still believe that a single scum player may submit only one of their actions (PR action or mafia kill).

Shouldn't it be a hint that town also has role that can track?

I think it's 6.

It's in the OP and opening day post

Thanks ty4on I'm not an idiot. You are right they match up with our pair numbers... But scum has a shared chat, if it wasn't completely obvious or someone wasn't thinking they might have asked a question about "where is the number" or just plain posted the wrong one.

But no, couldn't you have waited for Ultrajay? I mean it should have been obvious and it was a stupid question, but scum has been caught on less...

From Blawl's pm. To me this reads as kill or track. Not both. Both the kill and the track are called commands in the same message.

That was Kark's assumption as well, I assumed that they could do both. Burbeting refused to answer the question.

As the game has gone on I feel that the answer really didn't matter if we are dealing with another X-shot or ordinary. Ninja or not.

Ninja and a sleepwalker with only two trackers as investigators (one scum one town)? It's a rough go of it.

Besides ninjas in my experience Have mostly been targeted to confuse watchers as opposed to trackers. A scum tracking immune character would be ridiculous in this game and would have garanteed us with this end...

UltraJay

I just woke up.

Honestly Ty4on I thought you were psychic. Did you really have to let us all know before we chimed in? We're Boat#6.

El Topo isn't here to confirm but he mentioned something about the chat bomb that hasn't been mentioned yet that I wasn't able to chime in on yet. Since the chat bomb was what mostly cleared Topo then it is my best chance to eliminate me as a suspect and increase our chances of hitting scum.

Without directly quoting the PM: It was billed as a Love Boat... Announcement with Announcement in red text. Metal wasn't referenced except for the loud noise that was heard. We were locked out and there was a similar post in our chat. I actually thought that we were targeted earlier but it was just Burb saying that our chat was now viewable by spectators. I assumed that was for everyone's chat but Burb wouldn't say. Burb learned of Boo's ban from his post in the lover's chat and his MIA status from his never posting after that. Which - honestly? - was par for the course for our chat. Doesn't help that I was Australian, but yeeny wasn't here to be paired with.

Gonna look at the PM for some more details.

UltraJay

Post in lover chat same as in PM, surrounded at the top and bottom by announcement. Described as the loudest of noises and we couldn't even hear the other one talk.

Retroid

Also, I want to put it on record that I WILL be back in time to vote so long as this doesn't turbo. I am not voting now for the reason that Zipped unvoted, and my vote will be going on hobohodo & ty4on.

I'd like to put it on the record that I messed up and didn't come back to vote. I was volunteering for a robotics competition over the weekend which I had a bit of downtime at to do whatever. I stupidly remembered right after the deadline that I had forgotten to vote...

Honestly with with el Topo dying I think this may clear you entirely.

I am a bit confused as to how that would clear them (at least from your point of view), maybe I am missing something.

Ty4on

We're the trackers
Would a scum ninja (and presumed speculation about town roles) make you as scum more or less likely to let your tracker claim on D1?
Claiming anything as scum is usually a bad idea and maybe they a counter claim of some sort where what they were hoping for.
Thanks ty4on I'm not an idiot. You are right they match up with our pair numbers... But scum has a shared chat, if it wasn't completely obvious or someone wasn't thinking they might have asked a question about "where is the number" or just plain posted the wrong one.

But no, couldn't you have waited for Ultrajay? I mean it should have been obvious and it was a stupid question, but scum has been caught on less...

I know and I'm sorry I messed it up. It just reminded me of Night Vale and I figured scum either knew or were told just after you said that.

Would a scum ninja (and presumed speculation about town roles) make you as scum more or less likely to let your tracker claim on D1?
Claiming anything as scum is usually a bad idea and maybe they a counter claim of some sort where what they were hoping for.

I know and I'm sorry I messed it up. It just reminded me of Night Vale and I figured scum either knew or were told just after you said that.

Just giving you a hard time.

I've got a pretty big theory brewing but I need ultrajay to post which day he was chat bombed first.

Ty4on

I think long term exposure to Kark changed you
:p
brb, checking if change accelerated after death of Flame and Coppa

UltraJay

They won as soon as the disruption began as it was their final "successful" bomb.

I received the PM at 3:36 AM on March 13 AEST(GMT + 9:30) about an hour before day 5 start. We couldn't use chat until start of Day 6 where Boo's only post was "I'm banned for a week."

Our lover's chat is two pages long. -_-

UltraJay

Boo? Why did you just say the MF word and not explain to anybody?

We were chatbombed. It's not like we were using it before though...

Their PM doesn't mention mafia for some reason. Seems pretty important to leave out. Looks like it was to catch them when they target a mafia and it doesn't work... Or they targeted Launch. The ability doesn't until the start of day I can see now, so it wouldn't work on a dead team.

Beginning of Day 5 post just for proof that we did say we were chatbombed from the get go in case anyone thought we stayed quiet about it.

Boo simply made a post with a expletive in it... that's all.

JVuHWkw.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No Lynch (1)
Karkador .4228

Boo Boo'n & UltraJay (0)
Zippedpinhead .4216 .4220

No active vote for Day 7:
Hobohodo
Kyanrute
Retroid
Ty4on
UltraJay
Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 7 ends:
red_1458756000.png

5 votes for majority

Retroid,

Why did you not vote on days 2 and 4? Kyanrute voted to evict the scum those days but you didn't vote at all?

Ty4on, why did you not vote on day 4? You had previously voted for king kitty's team but you unvoted and never revoted. Heck your unvote is just "Ri'kitty sounds cool".

Hobo, why you no vote? Your only vote that stuck was day 3.

Kyanrute, at least you voted on each day... And you are the only person out of you four to vote to evict scum, but you also are unconfirmed for movement. Ty4on didn't move when investigated.

Ultrajay... We have a post about stuff between flame/coppa and you from day four, as well as some shocked metal heads (from batsnacks and magnum) at the fact that coppa/flame were not chat bombed...

Kyanrute

Voting records between the three lynch candidates, for easy reference:

Ty4on & Sophia/hobohodo

D1: Splinter/cabot, no vote
D2: Splinter/cabot, no vote
D3: Kyan/Retroid, Flux/Time
D4: no vote x2
D5: Dusk/Karu, Kyan/Retroid

Kyanrute & Retroid

D1: Never/Czar, Ultra/Boo
D2: Blarg/Kawl, no vote
D3: Dusk/Karu x2
D4: Coppa/Flame, no vote
D5: Dusk/Karu x2

Camjo-Z & TL21xx

D1: Flux/Time, Never/Czar
D2: Blarg/Kawl x2
D3: Flux/Time x2
D4: Coppa/Flame x2
D5: Dusk/Karu x2

I'm seeing one team in particular that's managed to avoid ever having a vote on a known maf member at the end of the day, or even have their vote on the same person... but thats none of my business

tumblr_n7id5wi4J71qebc9so2_400.jpg

I feel this might be relevant to the discussion.

Retroid

Retroid,

Why did you not vote on days 2 and 4? Kyanrute voted to evict the scum those days but you didn't vote at all?

Day 2 I had originally voted for Blargonaut/Kawl and unvoted once the voting count changed drastically. It was close to the point of being majority so I wanted the chance to read what had happened without turbo-ing. From what I can remember, the turbo had happened before I had woken up and got the chance to make a decision.

Day 4 I never voted once. I failed to spark up discussion on batsnacks/Magnum based on just before the previous days end and people seemed set on voting the most obvious pair out (based on read lists). It turbo-ed again before I could get on to vote, that seems to be a pattern for myself.

Retroid

Kyan and Retro, do you think there's a ninja in this game?

I think a ninja is the most plausible role left, however, it's not entirely out of the question that there isn't one. Flame/Coppa's role of being divorced made it seem like there is one kill command that one pair uses, "However, as you are a part of the Loveless team, you will get a shared Loveless Chat with all groups aligned with Loveless.
Any Loveless Aligned Pair can also do the Faction-Kill during the night phase. ".

Kyanrute

Kyan and Retro, do you think there's a ninja in this game?

Ty4on, do you think there's a ninja in this game?

Only scum deal in absolutes. Or something, I ain't that big into Star Wars. Ninja is impossible to prove unless we go about it the opposite way and say that the scenario we are in is the result of a ninja. This is no evidence, but it fits. What we know of scum team seems weak to me, compared to town's arsenal. We can also look at our situation from another angle: why is there no evidence of a second scum pr? Maybe because the role they have leaves no evidence. The lack of evidence is the evidence a ninja leaves. As I imagine you want a straight answer, yes, I think ninja is a likely possibility.

Hobohodo

Retroid,]

Hobo, why you no vote? Your only vote that stuck was day 3.

Day 1: Sophia was still in then.
Day 2: My favourite option to vote was no where near getting lynched so I saw no point in putting a token vote on them. As I explain in post 3130 I was close to putting a lynch on cabot but was then called away in the morning, by the time I could catch up it was all over.
Day 4: This is simply down to my low activity meaning I didn't place a vote early in the phase and the fact that a turbo happened with about 18 hours to go whilst I was asleep.
Day 6: Was pretty ill for a bulk of this day phase so looking at a screen really wasn't st my priority list. I asked about who you targeted out of me and Tyron before going to bed and was busy the next day. Didn't find out that you were playing a gambit till reading up on everything after the day ended. So again just no chance for me to vote.

Top Bottom