• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Ty4on

Ty4on, do you think there's a ninja in this game?
No. I think from scum's side it's a hint that town has a tracker and would make a tracker claim even more stupid.

I think scum most likely has a role left. I'm not sure what it is, but it could be an investigative role that helped Flame and Coppa's fake claim and maybe also helped scum find our doctor. I don't know of a role that conveniently explains everything though. A role cop maybe, but they must have been incredibly lucky.

I know it's way too speculative, but Blawl's claim makes me wonder if scum had a second claim to back them, but their plans were foiled by the tracker duel. My first thought after Blawl died was a godfather (hence the miller claim), but it's almost impossible for us to have a cop.

lets go around the room.

Top scum and top town (not in your team)

My top town - ultrajay. Chat bomb on day 5 coupled with the potential bussing from coppa day 4, AND the breadcrumbing that the chat bomb on coppa/flame day 4 failed from batsnacks/magnum seems to indicate that you are town.

My top scum.

Kryanrute/retroid- we investigated the other two groups and neither moved. We could not investigate you two so we have no clue if you are a role or not.

Just to round it out - read on Ty4on/hobo

Ty4on and Hobo's voting has been lax, but we looked at you last and even though two scum were out that night we only had one death, and as far as we could tell no other action than the metal bros moving. Unless you are a ninja (which is what Kark and I are going back and forth on) it's not likely you...

I want to hear from each of you. I think Scum will kill us or ultrajay tonight so if we go no lynch I want to hear from each of you what you think is going on.

Kyanrute

From town to scum: Zippedor > Ultraboo > hoboty. No reason to suspect the trackers. Zipped seemed convinced when Jay shared some details about the bomb. That, in addition to my belief that bomb couldn't hit scum, makes Ultraboo very town to me. Using the logic that Camjo left for us, the scum is hoboty. They would be a ninja or some other role that wouldn't need or want to move on every night.

I'd agree that no lynch kills either Zippedor or Ultraboo, those are the two pairs that I expect are the least suspected. Killing them tells the remaining pairs nothing about the killer and the next day we just keep on repeating these same arguments down to the final hour. What does the no lynch achieve but eliminate the obscure, the things we cannot even begin to speculate about? Is there or can there even be such things at this point in the game? We are down to four pairs. I feel our situation is highly predictable.

Zippedor is town. I doubt there is a thing that could change my opinion on this. The alternative kill in name only, Ultraboo, are confirmed by the bomb and Zippedor. Unless there is a grand gambit part whatever going on here, I do not see this changing either.

Only one remains...

...but even though I want to vote for them, I cannot. I might be wrong. Tomorrow might bring something new, no matter how unlikely it seems. The possibility exists.

VOTE: No Lynch

Can I still ask why el Topo dying clears them? Also, do you have the batsnacks breadcrumb?

What el Topo stated was accurate to what we had in our chat bomb, the little details we both left out matched up with what details ultrajay outlined in his chat bomb.

The breadcrumb for magnumboy and batsnacks who they bombed day 4 is as follows.

They lined up a crazy gambit end of day 3, assuming that if they hit town again with a bomb that night they would win the next morning. When they didn't win and instead we're getting questions from a lot of people.

Batsnacks practically starts his day with a vote on flame, NOT Coppa who had called out magnumboy earlier (specifically stating he wanted a response from them NOT Batsnacks). There are two cases of people that magnumboy and batsnacks targetted night 3 Which caused them to NOT win, launchlak died before the disrupt could take effect OR they were blocked (by scum not being affected or by a scum role). Either way coppa/flame was out the gate on them, even calling them the bomber at the end of the day when they were turboing themselves.

In addition batsnacks reacted to coppa/flame claiming the bomber role about how we reacted to Blawl claiming Miller/tracker.

It all adds up to coppa/flame figuring it out early that batsnacks and magnumboy were neutral bombers. The only way they could have known was scum power role OR a scum exception to being bombed.

Since scum could block and/or prevent the disrupt there is no way that ultrajay could be scum since they won at the start of day 5 and ultrajay was disrupted day 5.

That's our reasoning, breadcrumbs, and everything on batsnacks/magnumboy, coppa/flame and ultrajay...

Retroid and kyranrute, how much would you classify your chat time? I have noticed a lot of back and forth in the thread, do you think you use your chat as much as Kark and I?

Just asking, trying to obtain more information.

Retroid and kyranrute, how much would you classify your chat time? I have noticed a lot of back and forth in the thread, do you think you use your chat as much as Kark and I?

Just asking, trying to obtain more information.

I realized I forgot to include Ty4on and Hobo... Same question.

Obviously ultrajay said that boo hadn't been back since he was banned.

Short answer is yes

Long answer is

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

I have outlined my reasoning there. Kark and I have tried as hard as we can to justify a ty4on or ultrajay vote in our thread. To try and beat that "they didn't move" so odds are that you must have. We disagree on the fundamental abilities of a ninja, but we both agree that it would be kind of a dick move to have one in here with only one investigation role.

Kyanrute

I understand the logic and even agree with it, when I try to put myself in your head. Sadly I see no way for to prove our innocence that would not be an utter breach of the rules. I have laid out my thoughts on the matter. I desire a no lynch above a hoboty kill, just to remove the obscure possibilities that might exist. I believe this to be in the town's favor as should we desire a kill today, we should, barring the obscure, be just as able to preform it tomorrow.

I understand the logic and even agree with it, when I try to put myself in your head. Sadly I see no way for to prove our innocence that would not be an utter breach of the rules. I have laid out my thoughts on the matter. I desire a no lynch above a hoboty kill, just to remove the obscure possibilities that might exist. I believe this to be in the town's favor as should we desire a kill today, we should, barring the obscure, be just as able to preform it tomorrow.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....

I kind of want to just win now...

Kyanrute

A possibility, considering the lack of a scum power so far. Then again one can conjure up any possibility to fit any scenario and create a narrative from there. Double kill feels very hard to balance for though (metagaming helllll), since it could create horrible swings.

"Lets kill Zippedor and Hyperkitty night one for lols!" Doc and tracker dead ggwp.

UltraJay

In all likelihood a no lynch is not going to change our choices. At the beginning it was a 1/4 chance but really it was always going to come down between two pairs.

Unless Ty4on does something I can turbo but I'll wait to see what you guys say.

Karkador

Banned
Ty4on has barked up every innocent tree possible, like he's been on a massive misinformation campaign. He also tried planting the seed of doubt that a ninja existed, and apologized for scum and never voted for them.

BooJay has repeatedly thrown shade at us, despite not actually voting for us, and does scummy things like split votes and get special attention from scum players

Kyanrute and Retroid seem to lurk in the shadows until its time to make a statement - just enough to get noticed.

All of you are suspicious.

Retroid

I had a feeling this would happen, it got to a point where my lack of activity seemed to be a common topic on read lists to which after a certain point I realized there was nothing I could do to fix that, as fixing it by adding nothing might only raise peoples suspicions more.

As far as which pair I think is most scummy, after Zipped thoughts on why UltraBoo is town, it is hard to ignore that the only other possibility would be Ty4on/Hobo. All the points brought up on UltraBoo as you wouldn't expect a neutral to just ignore their task one night. The only other plausible thought is that their target died during the night, causing their special power to fail. It's a bit hard to believe such a broken role could be in the game, potentially giving away three cleared people in the end phase.

Retroid

I would also like to point out that what many of you say about myself could also be said about hobo, and as for my partner, who despite the fact that this was their first GAFia game was more active than me, brought up many good points and contributed as a town despite my inactivity.

Karkador

Banned
The PM for the chat bombers pretty specifically mentions that they win on three successful bombs.

The problem is more so that we have no idea if mafia players automatically block the bomb, or get a notice, or what.

Retroid

The PM for the chat bombers pretty specifically mentions that they win on three successful bombs.

The problem is more so that we have no idea if mafia players automatically block the bomb, or get a notice, or what.

Sure, but as a neutral, there is no benefit to me helping out town by breadcrumbing anything. They very well could have hit the person that died that night and it failed.

Karkador

Banned
Another possibility is that the last scum is a role blocker of some sort, and batsnacks actually targeted Coppa Flame, but were blocked. That would clue mafia into who the chat blockers were, and it would make batsnacks say something odd like "well, coppanuva and flame_ac are the doctor, I guess" (thinking they defended against their chat bomb)

Retroid

Another possibility is that the last scum is a role blocker of some sort, and batsnacks actually targeted Coppa Flame, but were blocked. That would clue mafia into who the chat blockers were, and it would make batsnacks say something odd like "well, coppanuva and flame_ac are the doctor, I guess" (thinking they defended against their chat bomb)

I'm sure someone would speak up if they were blocked. As well, why then weren't they blocked multiple times?

Karkador

Banned
Because that was Day 4 and they may have felt there was little point. Mafia doesn't exactly have an incentive to get rid of neutrals.

Also, they may be out of shots, if they're x-shot

Retroid

Because that was Day 4 and they may have felt there was little point. Mafia doesn't exactly have an incentive to get rid of neutrals.

Also, they may be out of shots, if they're x-shot

Either way, all of these theory's do not remove UltraBoo from the possible scum list.

Retroid

If the reason they didn't get a chat bomb in that day was because they were blocked then that removes the possibility to clear all people who were chat bombed. The only reason why you were able to clear UltraBoo was because of the theory that scum couldn't be chat bombed.

If the reason they didn't get a chat bomb in that day was because they were blocked then that removes the possibility to clear all people who were chat bombed. The only reason why you were able to clear UltraBoo was because of the theory that scum couldn't be chat bombed.

Nah, it's simpler that scum just wasn't affected, in order for batsnacks and magnum to be blocked it would either be a scum "ability protector" they prevent a scum from being affected

Your target visited the next pair: karkador and Zippedpinhead.

The next two nights returned a result of

Your target did not visit anyone.

So you can see why we have been harping about a switcher.

Top Bottom