• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

batsnacks

Vote: Blargonaut

I am not willing to take the risk of a miller. This can only be bad for town unless you can get verified by a bunch of different people. Even then, I don't want you to make it far.

Could you talk about your role a bit, the tracking part specifically?

I'm picking nits here but I could see bolded being an out in case this vote goes poorly. Like, "oh, now that I understand how the tracking aspect of their role could help town I take back my decision to policy lynch all millers."

And that thinking feels slightly reinforced by Flame saying "if we all agree" they will rescind the vote. Personally if I was policy voting someone I am going to do it whether or not people agree with me, you usually policy vote because you feel strongly about something.

Gorlak

Banned
What happened in Volcano Island, I guess this was a midseason game?

Yes, last game before Season 5. Total madness, full on bastard 11/10. Inception game in a game. Ghosts giving out power roles to living people. Medium roy. The most insane Day 1 shenanigans, while no role was actually given out. Kingkitty immortal winning ghostbuster, and so on and so on.

Moderator: Splinter

This game was very... special. It has absolutely zero significance as a comparison when it comes to power roles in a normal game.

It was very entertaining to watch from the sidelines, I loved it. But Splinter of all the people knows how to rate this unique experience and consequently about the validity of his argument above.

Flame_AC

I'm picking nits here but I could see bolded being an out in case this vote goes poorly. Like, "oh, now that I understand how the tracking aspect of their role could help town I take back my decision to policy lynch all millers."

And that thinking feels slightly reinforced by Flame saying "if we all agree" they will rescind the vote. Personally if I was policy voting someone I am going to do it whether or not people agree with me, you usually policy vote because you feel strongly about something.

I'm doing it right now and there isn't much agreement that I can tell. However I also think that it is pointless if I'm the only one on the lynch train. If consensus is that we'll address Blarg Day 2/3/4 or whenever, then I'll wait till then and then try and lynch the miller. I get what you are pointing out, but in a game where it probably will take around 10 or 12 votes to lynch someone, if that level of support isn't there right now, I'd rather come back to him later. After all, we do need a Day 1 lynch to start working on player trends, I mentioned that in my first post, though no one seemed to address No Lynch V Lynch. (I'm strongly for lynch)

Kawl_USC

Also, Miller = presence of alignment cop, not role cop

I don't know whether Flux is telling the truth or not, but I'll just say from my limited experience in Gafia game's that premise doesn't really hold true. Having a miller does mean there is at least one alignment cop, but it doesn't preclude there also being a role cop. Granted my two large games may have been the ones that were a little....looser with roles and powers (Harry Potter and Volcano Island).

If Flux/Time can provide me and Blarg's actual name, then I think there are two cops for town, one alignment and one name. Which is good news given the...strange approach our name cop took.

Burbeting

Banned
rest & karu (1)
fluxwavez 257

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
cabot 264 (372)

*splinter & cabot (1)
kingkitty 267 (386
gorlak 401)

timeaisis & fluxwavez (2)
coppanuva 279
*splinter 295 (297)
*splinter 301 (387)
camjo-z 319

blargonaut & kawl_usc (1)
flame_ac 353

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
hyperactivity 373

el topo & mirarcle (1)
cabot 388

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
batsnacks 393

16 Votes Needed for Majority

Burbeting

Banned
Even bears need their day-time naps

sleepy-bear.jpg

So play fair and square even when I'm not watching :).

*Splinter

Yes, last game before Season 5. Total madness, full on bastard 11/10. Inception game in a game. Ghosts giving out power roles to living people. Medium roy. The most insane Day 1 shenanigans, while no role was actually given out. Kingkitty immortal winning ghostbuster, and so on and so on.

Moderator: Splinter

This game was very... special. It has absolutely zero significance as a comparison when it comes to power roles in a normal game.

It was very entertaining to watch from the sidelines, I loved it. But Splinter of all the people knows how to rate this unique experience and consequently about the validity of his argument above.
I meant it more as a joke, hence the "I don't know if that's for or against your claim though" :p

I expect Burb to have much saner roles

Karkador

Banned
Flux, I can't really see why you wont disclose why Timeaisis didn't agree with this roleclaim (and why you'd do it anyway). You both have the same exact role and alignment.

You're just stalling.

The fact that you did this hot out the gate without any provocation also tells me that this was planned well in advance.

FluxWaveZ

Flux, I can't really see why you wont disclose why Timeaisis didn't agree with this roleclaim (and why you'd do it anyway). You both have the same exact role and alignment.

You're just stalling.

The fact that you did this hot out the gate without any provocation also tells me that this was planned well in advance.

Wait, what do you mean I won't disclose why Timeaisis didn't agree with it? No one asked. Of course he wouldn't agree with it, why would anyone sane want to claim a role minutes into a game? Especially since we have a PR, he wanted to lie low, and not be thrust into the spotlight.

Of course this was planned in advance; we have our own private chat, don't we? I talked about the plan in there; how else would I know Time didn't agree with it? It didn't happen after the fact.

Flame_AC

But why did you do it when Time really didn't want it to be done? Time was playing it safe, you put your role in jeopardy during the day and for Night 1.

Coppanuva

I cannot help but find the reactionary votes from this pair.... how shall we say... unusual? Both rather quickly. Both on different individuals...

I'm going to take this comment and use it to address 2 things here:

1) My vote is fluid. I'm not a player who typically votes on one person and leaves it there. I use my vote to get answers to questions I have and address issues. If someone doesn't answer me, I consider it anti-town. You can read my vote as an early pressure vote if you want. I do, however, want to ask Flux one more question, then it'll probably move on to its new home.

2)This speaks more to what you're trying to imply in the above rather than anything concrete: How is it that a pair splitting their vote early on is considered unusual? We're partners, but we DO have separate votes and we are in no way forced to vote for the same person. Dividing our votes out just gives us more investigative room and allows us to pressure people more easily. If a pair both comes to wildly different conclusions by the end of the day and each votes on wildly different targets, I'd be a bit more concerned. Early in a phase? Not in the least.

That said, I want to see how Flux and Time react to Blarg and Kawl. Flux: You've posted since yet avoided talking about them and their claim. What's your take on this situation?

Karkador

Banned
Wait, what do you mean I won't disclose why Timeaisis didn't agree with it? No one asked. Of course he wouldn't agree with it, why would anyone sane want to claim a role minutes into a game? Especially since we have a PR, he wanted to lie low, and not be thrust into the spotlight.

Yes they did.

How against it was he?

Hey, I'm not gonna speak for my partner. I'll let him answer that.

I mean I find it quite funny that you gave no fucks about his opinion and put a target on yourselves, but now when asked to explain Time's side of the story, you don't want to step on his toes?

FluxWaveZ

That said, I want to see how Flux and Time react to Blarg and Kawl. Flux: You've posted since yet avoided talking about them and their claim. What's your take on this situation?

Didn't expect another early role claim. I don't like how Kawl attaches it to us and claims that it's to corroborate our role.

FluxWaveZ

Yes they did.

I mean I find it quite funny that you gave no fucks about his opinion and put a target on yourselves, but now when asked to explain Time's side of the story, you don't want to step on his toes?

I wanted to edit that in, actually, since I realized that's what you were talking about. "How against it was he?" How am I supposed to answer that, I'm not in Time's head. Ask him; he'll tell you the extent of how against it he was.

When it's something actually concrete like what you were asking, I can definitely answer that because there is no subjectivity.

Kawl_USC

Didn't expect another early role claim. I don't like how Kawl attaches it to us and claims that it's to corroborate our role.

Just to clarify, me and blarg were coming out at the start regardless. Your claim just provided an additional opportunity to try to get something worthwhile out of a semi anti-town role.

Being able to corroborate your claim is a bonus, not the reason for our claim.

Karkador

Banned
I wanted to edit that in, actually, since I realized that's what you were talking about. "How against it was he?" How am I supposed to answer that, I'm not in Time's head. Ask him; he'll tell you the extent of how against it he was.

When it's something actually concrete like what you were asking, I can definitely answer that because there is no subjectivity.

Not in Time's head? You have a private chat with him, and he presumably had at least more than a few words to say about the "let's roleclaim cop 6 minutes into the game" idea. You actually have a written record of how against it he was.

FluxWaveZ

Not in Time's head? You have a private chat with him, and he presumably had at least more than a few words to say about the "let's roleclaim cop 6 minutes into the game" idea. You actually have a written record of how against it he was.

Nope, he actually had very little to say about the plan and I don't even know the extent of how against it he was.

Flame_AC

I find it odd how little regard was given to Time in this situation, I hope he shows up sometime soon so we can hear what actually went on. Flux, you keep on giving dodgy answers. You seem to not want to speak for your pair, but yet you're clearly the one at the front, so you have to just answer for the both of you.

FluxWaveZ

I find it odd how little regard was given to Time in this situation, I hope he shows up sometime soon so we can hear what actually went on. Flux, you keep on giving dodgy answers. You seem to not want to speak for your pair, but yet you're clearly the one at the front, so you have to just answer for the both of you.

What dodgy answers? What do you want to ask? LITERALLY the only thing I'm not addressing is how against it Time was because I don't even know; we haven't posted too much in the private chat yet.

Flame_AC

What dodgy answers? What do you want to ask? LITERALLY the only thing I'm not addressing is how against it Time was because I don't even know; we haven't posted too much in the private chat yet.

Could you answer:

Do you believe Blarg/Kawl? Why/Why not?

Are you considering checking their name as they seem to be suggesting for you to do?

Why did you do the role claim other than to get reactions, which you could have done on Day 2?

Are you pro lynch Day 1? (Totally should be)

FluxWaveZ

You know that "no means no", right?

???

Where's the contradiction? What are you even trying to point out anymore?

1. Time was against it.
2. I don't know how much Time was against it.

Here, let me check the number of replies that's in our private chat between me and Time: 12. We didn't even start posting in that thread until February 12.

Karkador

Banned
???

Where's the contradiction? What are you even trying to point out anymore?

1. Time was against it.
2. I don't know how much Time was against it.

Here, let me check the number of replies that's in our private chat between me and Time: 12. We didn't even start posting in that thread until February 12.

And yet you decided to roleclaim Cop?

lol...

Alright, Flux. Let me tell you what I think.

You don't care that Timeaisis is currently available, because you have other scum friends who can vouch for you right now. "Role Cop" is an easy claim to fake as scum. Scum may very well even have a Role Cop of their own to help your claim. Your role is probably low on the scum totem pole, or you have something that activates reactively.

FluxWaveZ

Could you answer:

Do you believe Blarg/Kawl? Why/Why not?

Are you considering checking their name as they seem to be suggesting for you to do?

Why did you do the role claim other than to get reactions, which you could have done on Day 2?

Are you pro lynch Day 1? (Totally should be)

1. I don't know if I believe them. They claim that their plan was to role claim early due to their power role, and that mine made the situation more appropriate for it. Not enough to go by to say either way.

2. Sure, we could do that if we survive D1.

3. This was gone over a bit before, but it was primarily to give us something to talk about and to gauge certain reactions. Better than having empty conversation, and ending up lynching a townie power role anyways.

4. Of course.

VOTE: Karkador

The last time I had someone try to call me out with nonsense that wasn't actually a contradiction but a slip-up on the part of the person doing the calling out, they turned out to be Mafia (Ourobolus in Heist).

Flame_AC

I don't know if I agree with Karkodor yet, but Flux that was a bad reactionary vote.

Thanks for the answers to the questions.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Well, alright.

This pair seems about right.

VOTE: Rest

Me and Time are Love-aligned Buddy Cops. Once per night, we can investigate another team to see their role name.
Role claiming day one, post one? Not acceptable. Demanding a policy lynch on this fool and his partner.
Vote: Timeaisis & FluxWaveZ

Flame_AC

Be careful not to dogpile everyone, we don't want to end conversation by deciding on Flux/Time. I for one still want more from Blarg/Kawl, but I don't think I'll be able to get it until Day 2.

*Splinter

And yet you decided to roleclaim Cop?

lol...

Alright, Flux. Let me tell you what I think.

You don't care that Timeaisis is currently available, because you have other scum friends who can vouch for you right now. "Role Cop" is an easy claim to fake as scum. Scum may very well even have a Role Cop of their own to help your claim. Your role is probably low on the scum totem pole, or you have something that activates reactively.
I thought he said Name Cop?

Actually I'm not sure he specified. Which is it Flux?

Karkador

Banned
I was using the terms interchangeably, but I guess there is a difference? Not that it makes this move any less bizarre.

Flame_AC

Where the fuck did you guys did a second Blargonaut out from?

One is entertaining, I'm not sure I can handle two.

Since you seem to be in thread Rest, could you provide your thoughts on what is going on. Specifically the Flux situation and then Blarg/Kawl?

Timeaisis

Is it too late to change partners?

I'm all seriousness, this "plan" was briefly mentioned by Flux in our chat yesterday but I did not have get a chance to say whether or not I was cool with it. Like I said, I'm out of town today. I'm just as blindsided by this claim as the rest of you guys.

I'm all seriousness, this "plan" was briefly mentioned by Flux in our chat yesterday but I did not have get a chance to say whether or not I was cool with it. Like I said, I'm out of town today. I'm just as blindsided by this claim as the rest of you guys.

Blindsided in that he claimed or blindsided by the content of the claim?

:)

*Splinter

Flux has said several times now that you were not, in fact, "cool with it"

Flame_AC

Sorry about what's happened, can you at least verify what he's claiming?

*Splinter

I know you don't, but apparently you've been voting and unvoting us several times without even knowing what you were voting about.

Flux that was terrible

The Heist excuse is also terrible.

Maybe this is true and you thought this could get the doctor to cover you while you investigate each night. If so, congratulations on being a moron. Burb isn't a fool, scum would 100% have protection from this. They likely wouldn't even need to kill you to negate your ability.

OR

Maybe this a bold scum gambit. Too bold, no need to bring attention to yourself so early. Some of us like a challenge, you know?

OR

Maybe this is some bold (and stupid) townie gambit. Ok, what's phase 2?

VOTE: FluxWaveZ
Still going back and forth between options B and C. I hope for all our sakes it isn't A

Top Bottom