• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Soothsayer
tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gif

Really, really like the idea.

Nintendo needs crazy stuff like this. Seriously, how many of the other big boys would do this kind of thing?

Nintendo + Ubisoft, kissing in the three...

Xypher

As the Southpark games are generally pretty beloved, I think that this might be a pretty good fit, if Ubi can properly show the Mario side of things here, there might be a lot of potential for a crazy and funny storyline. All I hope is that this one will be more of a traditional turn-based RPG without the timing based stuff from normal Nintendo developed Mario RPGs, as I think that both styles could easily co-exist in the future.

Also, I wonder if they would put a Rayman cameo in there considering Rabbids started off as part of the Raymn IP in the first place. Always wanted to see Mario and Rayman in a game together since i was a kid.

oti

Banned
What difference will it make, the pro controller has the functions of the joycon (vibrate etc) so the Rabbids can still be inside the controller and pop up on the TV screen interfering?

I was more thinking about the Joy-Con could be vibrating independently for some reason. Not sure what that would add to the game though.

Could've at least made it Rayman so we could've gotten Barbara and the nymphs you fucks

But in all seriousness I'd have vastly preferred like, a proper 'Mario & Sonic' crossover RPG. Or with Mega Man. Or with Rayman like I just said. Or basically anything but this.

Charamiwa

Banned
For reference I'm pretty sure the Yoshi/Rabbids crossover was first leaked by Gameblog a month ago.

It feels like their report are wildly inconsistent, but sometimes they do get some things right.

Also the Laura Kate report mention some minor character so maybe it's not so much Mario but, in fact, Yoshi who's the star.

Lmao, I can't wait to tell my brother about this. The Mario RPGs are some of his favorite games, but he haaaaaates the Rabbids.

Dystify

I'm curious about the art style, gameplay etc, but I feel like the writing of this game will make or break it for me. I expect a lot of comedy. Hope they can pull it off.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
imply a Rabbid jumping into and out of them from the TV or handheld screen. The idea is to imply your system is infested with Rabbids, and that they could at any time jump out of your controller and interfere with gameplay

Is it me or does this bit remind anyone else of a certain sanity system in a certain Gamecube horror title?

Ubisoft managing a Mario game... Need to see it first lol

Eh, this is Nintendo, they'll at the very least have one of their own producers working closely with the team at Ubisoft

Taij

Obsidian developed the South Park games, I imagine this is probably an internal Ubisoft team.

Obsidian only developed "the stick of truth", and that was started before Ubisoft bought the rights from THQ. Ubisoft developed "fractured but whole" internally.

Taker666

Not a bad premise.

I was concerned that it was just going to be some sports title or similar with the characters randomly thrown together..

..but the idea of the Mario Universe invaded by the Rabbids (in an RPG style game) is much more appealing.

Haha! Rabbids are fucking stupid and Mario RPGs are usually weird, so this is at least good for some really hilarious humour. I trust them that the game will be good overall, though I for myself am not so interested... yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Need to use the UbiArt Engine - Mario RPG looking like Child of Light - we are about to eat.
Wonder if there will be Voice acting ....
Yoshi was robbed.

How...he is the main party member xD

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I' love it if Nabbit turns out to be a rabbid in that game. But I don't see it happening considering they are both ips belonging to different companies.

Yes please.

Two different companies that are collaborating on a game lol, they could totally have a Nabbit gag in the game if they wanted to

I was more thinking about the Joy-Con could be vibrating independently for some reason. Not sure what that would add to the game though.
Left/right joycons rumbling separately would make sense. Would be nice if the pro controller had dual rumble too, though unfortunately that's not something that seems very common outside of Dual Shock.
DICKS AHOY said:
But in all seriousness I'd have vastly preferred like, a proper 'Mario & Sonic' crossover RPG.
Man, Ages and Odnetnin starting to sound real good.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The more I think about it the more I realise that Ubisoft was really good with RPGs lately. Unless it's a rushed title (and I don't see why it should be, seeing that it's a crossover, not just a last minute business decision) I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be at least decent.

J@hranimo

Banned
Man, I fucking hate the rabbids

But hey if this is a game where we get to beat their asses in then I can't be not interested!

EVH

Not really seeing the game having a good result at this point and honestly I've lost faith in Mario RPGs after the last two Paper ones.

Also, quite a bunch of mario games just for the launch window.

Painguy

Dear lord...I hate rabbids sooooo fucking much. Their character design just wants to make me fucking puke. WTF, and Ubisoft is developing it too. Ima give them a chance but I dont think this is gonna work well.

oti

Banned
Not really seeing the game having a good result at this point and honestly I've lost faith in Mario RPGs after the last two Paper ones.

Ubisoft is making the game. This could be good for Nintendo games overall. New perspectives.

idwl

I love reading all this news about switch, but at the same time I want there to be surprises in the January event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom